General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

brouski

F, with a side of "no belief in God as opposed to belief in no God".

WHO CAN WITHSTAND HIS COCK FUCKING??

Founding member of the Weird Al Fan Club

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jose Theodore
[ Mr.Burn ]

F.

electric!sheep

G. I am a non-theist. The idea of a higher realm/being (theos) has no meaning--anything that is knowable to a human is, by definition, part of the human realm. Whether the human realm is exclusively governed by the laws of science or not is an open question. This point of view neither negates nor confirms religious belief.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep
G. I am a non-theist. The idea of a higher realm/being (theos) has no meaning--anything that is knowable to a human is, by definition, part of the human realm. Whether the human realm is exclusively governed by the laws of science or not is an open question. This point of view neither negates nor confirms religious belief.

Heh heh heh what an eloquent way of saying you refuse to take sides in the god debate.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric!sheep

You damn nihilist.

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

C Most of the time.. Sometimes B..
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

Dyno
Come hither Sancho Panza, I have need of my Lance

Alright, here is the first tally for those interested. Please note, if you said "Mostly X with a little bit of Y" then I marked you as X. If you said "Between X and Y" then I assumed that you are 50% of each and so I marked you in the X-Y catagory. If you said "I vary between X, Y, and Z" then I put you in Y. If you said something beyond the A to F catagories I marked you as Other.Those G and X descriptions are weak at best, nothing more than Atheists in fancy sweater-vests if you ask me. I guess they are trying to be unique and beautiful snowflakes.

Anyway. I'll update and confirm the count in a few pages.

A = Traditionally Religious (4)
A - B = Traditional/Moderate (4)
B = Moderately Religious (3)
B - C = Moderate/Spiritual (0)
C = Spiritual Person (3)
C - D = Spiritual/Believer (1)
D = Believer in Something (4)
D - E = Believer/Agnostic (0)
E = Agnotic Outlook (4)
E - F = Agnostic/Atheist (5)
F = Atheist Confirmed (5)
Other (3)

Over all there seem to be less moderate or middle road types in Genmay, we are either traditional and devout or else Agnotics and Atheists, with a slight leaning toward the low end of the spectrum.

Last edited by Dyno; 03-03-2005 at 07:13 AM..

FullMetalAlchemist

E-F

Ray Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogenesis
A, although I'll modify the description to fit me better:

"I am a new old-school Christian, meaning I attempt to follow the teachings of Jesus consistantly and diligently while applying them to modern day life. I have studied the Bible and it's history, and gained an understanding of the laws of my faith through the context in which they were written. I consider the Bible to be a genuine and worthwhile artifact written by God through men."

I was gonna just say A, but this almost perfectly describes me so I'll quote it.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

Mix of C and D with some E thrown in for good measure.

I'm agnostic but I have certain beliefs about what God would and wouldn't be like if it did exist, I question the notion of an "afterlife", and I consider all revealed religions to be works of man. Though there may be some good morals in the stories contained in religious text I believe in recognizing goodness and morality logically not through supposed divine proclamation. I believe that attempting to be good and moral is logical because it benefits everyone, not because some imaginary being is keeping score. I believe that life is our gift and we should enjoy it because it is most likely all we will ever get.

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

D-E

coach

I'd have to say I'm a B

PopeKevinI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno
Alright, here is the first tally for those interested. Please note, if you said "Mostly X with a little bit of Y" then I marked you as X. If you said "Between X and Y" then I assumed that you are 50% of each and so I marked you in the X-Y catagory. If you said "I vary between X, Y, and Z" then I put you in Y. If you said something beyond the A to F catagories I marked you as Other.Those G and X descriptionsare weak at best, nothing more than Atheists in fancy sweater-vests if you ask me. I guess they are trying to be unique and beautiful snowflakes.

Anyway. I'll update and confirm the count in a few pages.

A = Traditionally Religious (4)
A - B = Traditional/Moderate (4)
B = Moderately Religious (3)
B - C = Moderate/Spiritual (0)
C = Spiritual Person (3)
C - D = Spiritual/Believer (1)
D = Believer in Something (4)
D - E = Believer/Agnostic (0)
E = Agnotic Outlook (4)
E - F = Agnostic/Atheist (5)
F = Atheist Confirmed (5)
Other (3)

Over all there seem to be less moderate or middle road types in Genmay, we are either traditional and devout or else Agnotics and Atheists, with a slight leaning toward the low end of the spectrum.

I think it's that we almost all have clearly-defined perspectives on the world. We know what we believe and have little doubt in our faith (or lack thereof). That and the C-D and D-E mixes aren't going to be popular, as one essentially contradicts the other. If you remove those two you see a more even distribution.

xagent

I am God, I'm self-theistic, or whatever you want to call it.

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagent
I am God, I'm self-theistic, or whatever you want to call it.

The term is psychotic.......

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion