General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

CrAzY DuTcHmAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldoin200
No no, that's not what I meant. I mean the concrete bars beside the fire hydrant that go into the ground....so that jackasses in cars don't run the hydrant over. Still, you're probably right, they wouldn't even like that because it would get in the way.

Ah, our hydrants dont have those, so I didn't think about that.
You are right though, its still not a great idea to do that.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

McKnight
MOST AMAZING TITLE EVER LOL WORDS

I just went ahead and bought a bike this doesnt need its own thread.

i didnt just fuck myself over did I? Im kind of about the title. Im not sure if i see rust or not : / Oh, well, for the price I wont make a deal of it.

Last edited by McKnight; 06-04-2005 at 10:50 PM..

VulcaN
Show us your tits sweetie

Never buy a bike without a title, thats just asking for trouble. But since you already did Id start trying to contact the DMV in your state and get the ball rolling on getting it registered. I know in my state you would be SOL unless you forged up some documents

electric!sheep

Make sure you get a NOTARIZED BILL OF SALE proving that the bike is yours. Then you apply for a duplicate title.

McKnight

thanks, i will.

nik

Quote:
Originally Posted by onewheeldoin200
I'd say you've got enough experience under your belt that, if you took an MSF course on a motorcycle, you could handle an SV650 or maybe even a 600 supersport depending on your character. I mean....you say you've been "a real maniac" on that scooter. If you do that on a supersport you will be dead. If you can refrain, I think you have the experience on two wheels to stay alive and happy on a nice bike.

Either way, take that MSF course, just to get a hang of the differences between scooters and bikes, if nothing else (and you will inevitably pick up other useful tips and skills as well).

im not in the US.. im in the middle east. most of my driving was on roads with traffic and stuff. the thing is... im not ovrly familiar with the gears and im scared of getting a good bike only to cause major damage to it by shifting improperly or getting distracted while tryint to figure out the gears and slamming into something. are there bikes with shift indicators? or is it possible to fit them into a bike?

edit: by shift indicators i mean an indication which gear it is in...

Last edited by nik; 06-03-2005 at 11:36 AM..

onewheeldoin200
Your girlfriend likes my crotch rocket better

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik
im not in the US.. im in the middle east. most of my driving was on roads with traffic and stuff. the thing is... im not ovrly familiar with the gears and im scared of getting a good bike only to cause major damage to it by shifting improperly or getting distracted while tryint to figure out the gears and slamming into something. are there bikes with shift indicators? or is it possible to fit them into a bike?

edit: by shift indicators i mean an indication which gear it is in...

oooooooo okay. Don't worry about shifting gears on the bike...to me it's much easier than doing it in a car.

The only shift indicators I know of are made by a company called Data Tool in the UK. There are probably others, but they seem to be the most popular. Most bikes don't have shift indicators, but do have a green light telling you when it's in neutral.

Passion > Precision

lopoetve

Question: what are your opinions on the Honda CB250 and CB750 Nighthawk? I'm too big for the 250 rebel, so I've been told to consider the 750 Nighthawk for a first bike.
2007 GTI
1997 Truck thingy.

dudemac
STFU :25k: assflute

I've been wanting a bike ever since i was a kid, and i hope to have enough cash to get one by next spring. I'm usually a pretty cautious guy, and i take calculated risks, so i wouldnt be going nuts on a fast bike. I would like to have a good amount of power for the freeway though.

What i want is a sport bike...i know not to start out huge on a bike like some people i know have (900cc etc). Is 500-600cc too big to start out on? any bike suggestions?

Thanks.

onewheeldoin200

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopoetve
Question: what are your opinions on the Honda CB250 and CB750 Nighthawk? I'm too big for the 250 rebel, so I've been told to consider the 750 Nighthawk for a first bike.
Yeah, generally a cruiser of less than 800cc or so is quite useable for a beginner. They aren't as peppy and generally insane as sport bikes are compared to their displacement. The Nighthawk is a cool bike....I say go for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudemac
I've been wanting a bike ever since i was a kid, and i hope to have enough cash to get one by next spring. I'm usually a pretty cautious guy, and i take calculated risks, so i wouldnt be going nuts on a fast bike. I would like to have a good amount of power for the freeway though.

What i want is a sport bike...i know not to start out huge on a bike like some people i know have (900cc etc). Is 500-600cc too big to start out on? any bike suggestions?

Thanks.
Have a look above at the EX500 and the SV650....I think those are the kind of bikes you should be considering. If those don't suit your fancy there's a few suggestions by TheFleshRocket that you might consider.

Passion > Precision

VulcaN
Show us your tits sweetie

We need a graduated licensing system like in european countries and australia... where your permit only lets you ride lower CC bikes and then you get to work your way up. Practically everyone rides over there and it seems to be working out a lot better than in the USA.

onewheeldoin200

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcaN
We need a graduated licensing system like in european countries and australia... where your permit only lets you ride lower CC bikes and then you get to work your way up. Practically everyone rides over there and it seems to be working out a lot better than in the USA.

Yup. The death rate of motorcyclists in the US is nearly 5 times that of UK riders. Ridiculous.

Passion > Precision

Veeb0rg

I've been seriously considering learning to ride a bike, I have a problem thou.. I'm 6'2 and 350ish.

I don't want a crotch rocket, but i don't want a full out harley like cruiser.

any reccomendations? *yes, i've started a diet/work out routine, but still*

Little info for ya.

I'm 26. I act 45, mostly
Less then a year ago I lost a friend to a 900rr and a tree.
I'm dead serious about being straight on a bike, no monkey business for me.
I plan on taking the safety courses, and my buddy rides and is willing to teach *he has a mid 80's ninja *i think, its black and the stickers are gone*

Last edited by Veeb0rg; 06-10-2005 at 02:42 AM..

electric!sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veeb0rg
I've been seriously considering learning to ride a bike, I have a problem thou.. I'm 6'2 and 350ish.

I don't want a crotch rocket, but i don't want a full out harley like cruiser.

any reccomendations? *yes, i've started a diet/work out routine, but still*

Little info for ya.

I'm 26. I act 45, mostly
Less then a year ago I lost a friend to a 900rr and a tree.
I'm dead serious about being straight on a bike, no monkey business for me.
I plan on taking the safety courses, and my buddy rides and is willing to teach *he has a mid 80's ninja *i think, its black and the stickers are gone*

This may be the bike fanboy in me speaking, or maybe Kawaski managed to make a god among bikes, but...how about a KLR650? It has gobs of torque, a very simple one-cylinder "thumper" engine, a top speed of ~100mph, a perfectly upright stance, and a solid look.

Imagine what a car would be like if it had the styling of a Humvee; the suspension, clearance, and performance of a Jeep; the gas mileage of a Prius; the maintainability and community support of a 350 small block; and a Saturn's purported resistance to dents. That is the KLR in motorcycle form.

On that note, as a single-cylinder vehicle owner, I laugh at Prius owners. They are unenlightened. Everyone (particularly those concerned about the environment) should own a motorcycle for fair day travel, and a normal car (covered wagon) for errands and rainy days.

Why it is hardcore:

http://www.amadirectlink.com/features/Cichon.asp

http://www.peace65.freeserve.co.uk/P...production.htm

McKnight

I finally got it.
Im 5'7 though, and I can only put one foot down firmly to hold it up. I can have 2 feet down but my heel is about an inch above ground. Should I cut a tiny bit out of the bike or leave it? Im stil growing as far as im concerned so I dont know :- / overall suggestions?

Last edited by McKnight; 07-23-2005 at 08:30 PM..