General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Photography and I[M]aging
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dinoadventures

what in particular is your grievance with the performance of the A85?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dinoadventures/

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

uRizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoadventures View Post
what in particular is your grievance with the performance of the A85?

Even in daylit interior spaces it will take blurry shots if the subject is moving, and the response time while the unit focuses can be lengthy at times.

I still think it's just fine for our needs and I've managed to squeeze off many good pictures, but she refuses to learn the proper use and hates what the flash does to the picture's depth. I think she'll benefit greatly from the S3's stability features.

Too bad it's going to cost me $400 to get her off my back.

But hey, the S3 is still a pretty nice unit, right? I'll definatly make good use of the zoom when the auto-x season begins again.

dinoadventures

It's gonna do the same thing for you. it's not that great indoors. The fuji ones, like the F30, those are great indoors.

IS doesn't do miracles. indoors you just need good old fashioned high ISO performance and a fast lens.

uRizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinoadventures View Post
It's gonna do the same thing for you. it's not that great indoors. The fuji ones, like the F30, those are great indoors.

IS doesn't do miracles. indoors you just need good old fashioned high ISO performance and a fast lens.

I went out today and did a lot of research and took a look at the options when I went into the store.

The F30 was nice and it's ultra ISO mode along with that neat little CCD design it uses really does make indoor pictures a lot easier. I ended up buying the Canon anyways since I really wanted the 12x zoom. I'm very happy so far (I've only had a few hours to play with it.) It starts up, focuses, and takes pictures a TON faster then my A80. I'll post some comparision pictures between the old and new camera when I get teh chance.

Something has to be fucked up with the A80 as well as even out doors pictures at low ISO numbers are starting to show alot of grain. I wouldn't be surprised, my wife has dropped this camera more then once. The hand strap is now mandatory when she's using the new one.

She doesn't know I bought it yet, but I bet I'm getting the world's best blowjob tonight.

9mmCensor

Mom just picked up a A530 with a 2GB card from dell.ca for <225 tax inc. fun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRizen View Post
She doesn't know I bought it yet, but I bet I'm getting the world's best blowjob tonight.
Pics?

WickedAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9mmCensor View Post
Mom just picked up a A530 with a 2GB card from dell.ca for <225 tax inc. fun.

Pics?

Indeed...what better way is there than to test out the new camera on some fast-moving shots of a bobbing head?

I just ordered a Fuji Finepix F20 for $139 from Dell. They've got a superb deal going there that takes 30% off of it.

Chris

I'm getting tempted to buy the POWERSHOT A550, anyone used it and can comment? Also it looks a little bulky, can anyone recommend something a little more compact that may be worth a look in the same price range?

Zasboy

I been researching for a lens to replace my canon kit lens(18-55). After reading some reviews from various websites and especially here, I decided to go with the Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8. My question is, does anybody know a online retailer that sells this lens for a good price? So far, I been looked at BeachCameras and B&H. I also been trying to find it used on FM, POTN, and Craigslist but haven't had much luck. So buying it new seems a better option, but finding it used would be my first choice.

-Thanks

Sunrise

So who's gonna be getting a S5? I'm currently considering it.

Comics

S5 looks like a nice facelift (albeit predictable) to the S3. I wish they would go Li-Ion, though. The styling looks a lot like a Rebel to me.

dinoadventures

if you're talking about the Fuji S5, then i've been thinking about it. if you're talking about the Canon S5... meh.

Sunrise

yeah was talking about the canon s5, why meh?

KorruptioN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post

The Fuji S5 is a completely different camera... the Canon S5 is more of a consumer camera. The hotshoe is neat. I really wished it would put in the 1/1.8" sensor versus the 1/2.5" unit they picked. 36mm wide angle kinda sucks too.

dinoadventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post

because one is totally unexciting and the other is actually nice.

sux2me

After reading through this thread I am more confused than I was before so I think I'll risk asking the question:

My wife currently has a Kodak easyshare 5mp digital camera. It is one of those with the docking bay and all that jaz. Well the camera is starting to crap out on her and she keeps complaining about it. Her birthday is June 20th and so I thought I'd buy her a new camera.

She likes the point and shoot cameras but she wants a nice one. Budget for me is up to about $600.00. One of the weaknesses she complains about the most is the lack of a good optical zoom. So a better optical zoom is a plus. Any brand/model you'd all recommend?

Also there was a camera she was looking at before that was all weather and could actually be taken underwater (snorkeling, swimming etc). That would be nice to have *IF* sacrifices in image quality and overall quality of the camera didn't have to occur.

Please give me some advice here. Thanks!