General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

gg
Kato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinine
You assume that most people have rationalizing skills below you. In fact, many people do this. Ask someone what would happen if drugs were legalized, and they'll say "Everyone will start using drugs recklessly and horribly". Ask them if they would start doing this, and they'll say "No, I know better. Other people don't."

It is arrogance of the highest order.
No it isn't.

Most of the population still believes the government drug propaganda in the style of Reefer Madness. Anyone who has studied the issue, studied the effects of prohibition, and understands the effects of marijuana on the human body is much more capable of making an intelligent decision on the matter than the average citizen.

After decades of government propaganda, and Christian bullshit, is it any suprise that people, as a whole, are uneducated about marijuana and the societal effects of prohibition?
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Crass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinine
You assume that most people have rationalizing skills below you. In fact, many people do this. Ask someone what would happen if drugs were legalized, and they'll say "Everyone will start using drugs recklessly and horribly". Ask them if they would start doing this, and they'll say "No, I know better. Other people don't."

It is arrogance of the highest order.

No, not at all really. I've had numerous people say they don't do drugs because all they hear is propogandist horror stories, or they say "fucking hippies need to die out, god damn stoners." I've also lived in the drug scene for the past five years of my life, and I've seen it all, save anyone ODing, it's not pretty. You would think people have common sense or self-discipline, but drugs really just consume your entire being and have no end, they always leaving you searching for more. It's pointless trying to argue with someone who hasn't experienced this kind of stuff first-hand, because the only drug knowledge you have is of the junkies you see on the street, what DARE teaches you, or what you see on TV or in the movies..

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

If it were legalized I would empty my bank account and spend it all on seeds, then sell bud and hashish. The government could tax it like tobacco products, people could smoke it, and I could have a highly profitable business.

Sounds good to me.

elmo909

Quote:
Originally Posted by :ninja:
If it were legalized I would empty my bank account and spend it all on seeds, then sell bud and hashish. The government could tax it like tobacco products, people could smoke it, and I could have a highly profitable business.

Sounds good to me.
I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal to grow. Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo909
I'm pretty sure it would still be illegal to grow. Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.
Is this a joke?

Pentahedral

Quote:

Why would you think it's illegal to grow over the age of 18?

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Are you allowed to grow tobacco and sell it? That's what I thought.

You thought wrong.......

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

elmo909

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
You thought wrong.......
You're allowed to grow it and SELL it? That was kind of the keyword... I was kind of under the assumption that you need some sort of special license? Even if it was legalized, corporations would be able to sell a cheaper product and would probably destroy any "non-specialty" business.

Last edited by elmo909; 08-21-2005 at 12:35 AM..

andrew

Not really. A 'pack' of Jester tobacco, which you need to roll on your own, costs around $6, and doesn't contain any of (well, far less IIRC) the nasty additives that camels or marlboros do. Not only that, but this very pack has at least 50 cigarettes worth of tobacco, from my experience, definitely way more cost effective than major corporation smokes.

Last edited by andrew; 08-21-2005 at 04:24 AM.. Reason: drunken typing

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.

Quote:
Even if it was legalized, corporations would be able to sell a cheaper product and would probably destroy any "non-specialty" business.

there's always niche markets...

CumGuzzlingFag
_zoltan_
pwned

meh i think all drugs should be illegal

butttt decriminalized to an extent
<--- zoltan
257e459e9249ec2a45637f617b14adb9

FrozenFood
WARNING: may contain shrooms

Quote:
Originally Posted by CumGuzzlingFag
meh i think all drugs should be illegal

all drugs? fuckin hell, that mean asprin, caffeine, antibiotics. all illegal, because you have a closed mind.

all drugs should be legal and taxed. that includes weed, heroin, cocaine, shrooms.....

its all natural selection

CumGuzzlingFag
_zoltan_
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenFood
all drugs? fuckin hell, that mean asprin, caffeine, antibiotics. all illegal, because you have a closed mind.

all drugs should be legal and taxed. that includes weed, heroin, cocaine, shrooms.....

its all natural selection
im talking about the ones already illegal. i personally wouldnt want coke dealers to be in the junior highs bringing pounds to school. yes i like drugs, but there are valid reasons why they're illegal
<--- zoltan
257e459e9249ec2a45637f617b14adb9

gg
Kato

Quote:
im talking about the ones already illegal. i personally wouldnt want coke dealers to be in the junior highs bringing pounds to school. yes i like drugs, but there are valid reasons why they're illegal
Black markets sell to children much more than legal establishments do. According to a DEA study, marijuana is more widely available to minors than is alcohol, simply because marijuana's main distributors (dealers) don't give a shit about age, whereas alcohol's distributors do.
As soon as we sail on to Cane Garden Bay

Roy L Lennigan of the DEA

Quote:

you're fucking retarded if you think that would happen more than it does now if all drugs were legalized.

btw when is that last time you heard that happening?