General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Photography and I[M]aging
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overconfidence View Post
There's a 28/2.8 biogon but it costs as much as the 35 and fills the viewfinder right to the edge (I think?)... and like you said the 35 is a little more natural for a single lens.

Yeah, I considered that one but I'm trying to avoid the high contrast lenses since I realized for b/w, medium/low contrast lenses easier to work with. The elmarit and biogon are the highest contrast 28mm RF lenses, great for color.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Overconfidence
Underperformance - <3 ShillinTheVillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
Yeah, I considered that one but I'm trying to avoid the high contrast lenses since I realized for b/w, medium/low contrast lenses easier to work with. The elmarit and biogon are the highest contrast 28mm RF lenses, great for color.

Are all the biogons like that or is that a trait of the 28mm? Also, do you have any M stuff you wanna sell? Haha, I'm contemplating trimming down my digital kit to one body one (maybe 2) lens(es) and then getting the RF but I dunno. Lots of money and a lot of work messing around with different transactions.

blank

Quote:
Are all the biogons like that or is that a trait of the 28mm? Also, do you have any M stuff you wanna sell? Haha, I'm contemplating trimming down my digital kit to one body one (maybe 2) lens(es) and then getting the RF but I dunno. Lots of money and a lot of work messing around with different transactions.

Pretty much all the ZMs are designed to be very close in performance to each other. From a lens makers point of view, a better lens design is a higher contrast design. That said, pretty much all the ZM line are higher contrast than any other M mount lenses. I would say the voigtlanders are medium to low contrast and the leitz medium to high contrast generally.

I don't feel there's a better lens for color than zeiss M.

Anyway, I'm thinking about selling the 35 biogon for like 650. I'm leaving on a trip on saturday though, so well you know.

Overconfidence

Quote:
Anyway, I'm thinking about selling the 35 biogon for like 650. I'm leaving on a trip on saturday though, so well you know.

That would be awesome if we could work at a deal for that, then! I'm gunna try and see if I can find an ikon in vancouver that I could try out (or any kind of rangefinder lol) and make sure I wanna go for the 35 (and put another roll through my SLR @ 35mm).

blank

Quote:
That would be awesome if we could work at a deal for that, then! I'm gunna try and see if I can find an ikon in vancouver that I could try out (or any kind of rangefinder lol) and make sure I wanna go for the 35 (and put another roll through my SLR @ 35mm).

Sounds good. I would love to try the Ikon myself as well. The viewfinder is supposed to be out of this world...

ok last lens for a while. the 4th version

Last edited by blank; 07-18-2008 at 07:25 PM..

blank

yikes, all the film I have, I have to pack it since I'm moving

Overconfidence

Quote:
Sounds good. I would love to try the Ikon myself as well. The viewfinder is supposed to be out of this world...

woot, found a place in vancouver that has various R3A/R4A/hasselblad XPAN/contax I don't know/etc. rangefinders. I chatted with some guy and he said they will have an Ikon in stock some time next week because they only stock one at a time (and give you the choice of either buying that one or getting them to order another in). The price here is exactly the same as in the states ($1400) so it'd save me shipping and such.

methd

taken on a gay iPhone:

top shelf: D3 + 70-200, D3 + 24-70
second top shelf: Nikon FE, Nikon F4, Nikon FA, a bunch of focusing screens + various 50mm lenses + a few old zooms
second shelf from the bottom: 2 x SB800, 10.5, 2 spare ENEL4A, 14-24, 3x pocketwizards
bottom shelf: 2 x manfro travel tripods (used as flash stands), flash bracket and SC-29, tom tom gps

and my travel case...

www.lumensphotography.com

Last edited by methd; 07-19-2008 at 07:47 PM..

foamy

hey guyz am I kewl now?

all for the massive sum of 1.50

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
70-200 f/4L non-IS?

edit: nvm it's the one from earlier itt right?

yeah, it's the 300 F4L from earlier.. I do have the 70-200 F4L non-IS though as well

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer

The Shady

got a new tamron 17-50 for my rebel xt last week

knife shot

live shot

all my gear (left to right), rebel xt, canon 50mm, canon 18-55mm, tamron 17-50, tamron 70-300, lowepro rezo 120 bag. also got a compudaypack which i no longer need and am selling.

Jamesgott
i dig through other peoples trash

finally got a new bag. its a crap ton better. I bought this Burton 28L Zoom bag right from burton.com for 77+25 overnight shipping. The bag is normally 130. Well they fucked me over and shipped it ground and when I bitched the refunded shipping.

This damn thing has so much storage is pretty awesome. I just need to reconfigure my camera area so i can have a quick retrieval of the camera if needed.

Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by methd View Post
taken on a gay iPhone:

The irony of this post almost made my head implode....

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t

Got these for a tenner today

Both in complete working order, now to decide which will be my daily carry hah

Edit: Probably the Trip35 because it needs no battery
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
\(_o)/ IRC Partay!! \(o_)/

Last edited by Nevermore; 07-29-2008 at 02:15 AM..