General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt00926 View Post
It sounds like you are generalizing a "universal truth" simply from your own experiences in life.

Q. Are you friends with your mother or sister?


Its a fact that I have concluded from my own personal experiences. Men and women cannot be friends in the same way friends of the same sex are freinds. Its just not possible unless she's a tomboy or a masculine homosexual. Thats all I am saying. One of the parties is either more masculine, or more feminine, otherwise it doesnt work. Not to mention, again, that good luck finding a girlfriend that will be cool with you hanging out with other women and believe its totally platonic. That fact alone, proves its very hard for the entire situation to be platonic.

A. My mother and my sister are my family, they are not my friends. There is a difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Yeah, you're just wrong, sorry. None of my female friends use me as an emotional tampon, we don't have that kind of relationship.

Ok. Ill bite. Then what kind of relationship is it?

Explain to me what you do in your totally platonic female/male relationships?
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 10-06-2009 at 02:22 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 02:04 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Its a fact that I have concluded from my own personal experiences. Men and women cannot be friends in the same way friends of the same sex are freinds. Its just not possible unless she's a tomboy or a masculine homosexual. Thats all I am saying. One of the parties is either more masculine, or more feminine, otherwise it doesnt work.
You don't need to be friends with girls in the same way that you are with male friends, and that doesn't mean that you're out to fuck them. I value my female friends because they're different from my male friends, not in spite of it.

Quote:
Ok. Ill bite. Then what kind of relationship is it?

Explain to me what you do in your totally platonic female/male relationships?
Roughly the same things I do with most of my totally platonic male friends: hangout, watch sports, play video games, go to parties on the weekend, go to bars, tailgate, occasional camping trips, etc. Did MMA with one of them.

The dynamic is somewhat changed by the fact that most of us are married or in serious relationships (some single folks too) and it's one big group of friends. The girls do some stuff by themselves, the guys do some stuff, and then you get lots of mixed company events. Some of the girls are "girlier" than others and their level of involved in the more male-centric activities changes accordingly.
Old 10-06-2009, 02:51 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

Golf(e)
 
Golf(e)'s Avatar
 
Lurker should not be taken seriously in BC
__________________
And motion soared in every direction, causing a tidal wave of thought to crash dumbly through walls, and made passageways where previously was occupied by the stillness of mathematics in its purest manifestation of white reflection on white backdrop
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM Golf(e) is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
Do you have a GF?
Serious question, im not poking fun or anything.

Probably not because then you would have to explain to your GF why youre hanging out with all these chicks. Sometimes you can have a chick thats totally cool with it and sometimes not. Knowing Genmay, she's wont be the chill type. So youre around chicks not because you like it, but because its queer to be a guy and not have women in your life.




I gotta disagree, thats not me. I know a universal fact, whenever a guy is friends with a girl and nothing more he is her emotional tampon, always, period. I just dont see the appeal in that. For a girl, having a straight guy friend, serves no other purpose.

I understand that sometimes, in really rare occasions you can have a girl who is a friend, a real friend, but for that to happen so has to be a guy personality wise. Ill give you an example, my buds and I we have a mutual girl friend. Why? Cause she is like one of us. Shes an EE major, works at a nuclear power plant, loves cars, and goes with us on all our guy related adventures like white water rafting and paintball. If you strap a dick to her, she would be a guy. But despite all this, I still have to deal with very infrequent episodes of her femdom when she bitches to me that my other friend is dating another chick and totally dropped her out of his life.

you're so incredibly wrong it's funny. And, by your post, it seems as though you have self confidence issues.

I have lots of girls that are friends, probably around 7 - 10 depending how I count. I do have a girlfriend [we fuck], and I told her what I told my ex; I'm going out with my friends and I have friends that are girls, and if she doesn't like it then I'll breakup right now without discussing it. Plus, I go out with these girls when my girlfriend isn't there.

Why?

Because I do what the fuck I want and no one is going to tell me who I can and cannot be friends with, and by your post, it seems you would let a girl tell you who your friends are. Who's the bitch now? [I mean that in the least offensive way]

Why am I friends with these girls? Because we all drink together, laugh, have fun, and our personalities go together. I have fun with them in a way that's different from guy friends. I like the playfulness of the girls. I don't hang out with them so I don't look gay, who the hell would have friends just so you don't look gay?! Maybe someone who cares too much about what someone else thinks I suppose.

Sometimes I'll joke with the girls about how stupid women are, or how I had sex last night, etc. Like this past weekend we were playing beer pong, and I successfully fingered a winning cup for the block. A girl was my partner [friend], and I told her I had a lot of practice fingering lately so it was like second nature! She laughed and shook her head like she couldn't believe I said that. That's just my personality I guess, and probably why I have friends that are girls, because I don't care about stupid things like saying the wrong thing in front of a girl.

I've rarely had a girl use me as an emotional tampon and cry to me about something, they have girls to do that with. Sure, they've asked me for advice or something, but never used me like a bitch. Why? Because I'm not a bitch. The people that get used like tampons, and don't like it, are weak minded in my view.

edit: I went out drinking with my friend Donna [girl] and Joan [guy] last night for the Vikings game. We got pretty hammered and laughed all night about our escapades. My friend Joan is getting the screws put on him by his gf and Donna and I are both telling him to be more of an asshole. Donna always tells us how she used guys who were too nice and wimpy to stand up for themselves. When she got her current bf he didn't put up with any shit and told her from the beginning if she does this or that he's leaving and it's no skin off his back. They've been together for a couple years now.

Last edited by Trachei; 10-06-2009 at 06:05 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 05:54 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
You don't need to be friends with girls in the same way that you are with male friends, and that doesn't mean that you're out to fuck them. I value my female friends because they're different from my male friends, not in spite of it.


Roughly the same things I do with most of my totally platonic male friends: hangout, watch sports, play video games, go to parties on the weekend, go to bars, tailgate, occasional camping trips, etc. Did MMA with one of them.

The dynamic is somewhat changed by the fact that most of us are married or in serious relationships (some single folks too) and it's one big group of friends. The girls do some stuff by themselves, the guys do some stuff, and then you get lots of mixed company events. Some of the girls are "girlier" than others and their level of involved in the more male-centric activities changes accordingly.


This a completely different ball game and doesn't apply to anything I have said because what you are describing are couples relationships, and I want to know what you do one on one with females that you have no ulterior motives other then friendship.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
you're so incredibly wrong it's funny. And, by your post, it seems as though you have self confidence issues.

I have lots of girls that are friends, probably around 7 - 10 depending how I count. I do have a girlfriend [we fuck], and I told her what I told my ex; I'm going out with my friends and I have friends that are girls, and if she doesn't like it then I'll breakup right now without discussing it. Plus, I go out with these girls when my girlfriend isn't there.

Why?

Because I do what the fuck I want and no one is going to tell me who I can and cannot be friends with, and by your post, it seems you would let a girl tell you who your friends are. Who's the bitch now? [I mean that in the least offensive way]

Why am I friends with these girls? Because we all drink together, laugh, have fun, and our personalities go together. I have fun with them in a way that's different from guy friends. I like the playfulness of the girls. I don't hang out with them so I don't look gay, who the hell would have friends just so you don't look gay?! Maybe someone who cares too much about what someone else thinks I suppose.

Sometimes I'll joke with the girls about how stupid women are, or how I had sex last night, etc. Like this past weekend we were playing beer pong, and I successfully fingered a winning cup for the block. A girl was my partner [friend], and I told her I had a lot of practice fingering lately so it was like second nature! She laughed and shook her head like she couldn't believe I said that. That's just my personality I guess, and probably why I have friends that are girls, because I don't care about stupid things like saying the wrong thing in front of a girl.

I've rarely had a girl use me as an emotional tampon and cry to me about something, they have girls to do that with. Sure, they've asked me for advice or something, but never used me like a bitch. Why? Because I'm not a bitch. The people that get used like tampons, and don't like it, are weak minded in my view.

edit: I went out drinking with my friend Donna [girl] and Joan [guy] last night for the Vikings game. We got pretty hammered and laughed all night about our escapades. My friend Joan is getting the screws put on him by his gf and Donna and I are both telling him to be more of an asshole. Donna always tells us how she used guys who were too nice and wimpy to stand up for themselves. When she got her current bf he didn't put up with any shit and told her from the beginning if she does this or that he's leaving and it's no skin off his back. They've been together for a couple years now.

tl;dr

I hate arguing on genmay beyond a certain point because its a waste of my time, you guys wont see shit my way anyway but instead resort to personal attacks and judgments you cant possibly make because you just dont know me.

I'm not even gonna defend myself concerning the attack on my confidence, because i really dont give a shit what you think you know.

I will bow out now and just say that everyone on this whole subforum has a very narrow minded and idealistic view of everything that involves relationships and human interaction in general, and these ideas dont exist in the real world.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 10-06-2009 at 07:39 PM..
Old 10-06-2009, 07:31 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

Trachei
 
Trachei's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
tl;dr

I hate arguing on genmay beyond a certain point because its a waste of my time, you guys wont see shit my way anyway but instead resort to personal attacks and judgments you cant possibly make because you just dont know me.

I'm not even gonna defend myself concerning the attack on my confidence, because i really dont give a shit what you think you know.

I will bow out now and just say that everyone on this whole subforum has a very narrow minded and idealistic view of everything that involves relationships and human interaction in general, and these ideas dont exist in the real world.

you cared enough to make a complete judgment about things you didn't even know about me [me having a gf, her being a bitch since I'm on genmay, her automatically being insecure about me having female friends, and how I have female friends cause I'm worried about being gay].

Everyone in this subforum is generally correct.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:15 PM Trachei is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
tl;dr

I hate arguing on genmay beyond a certain point because its a waste of my time, you guys wont see shit my way anyway but instead resort to personal attacks and judgments you cant possibly make because you just dont know me.

I'm not even gonna defend myself concerning the attack on my confidence, because i really dont give a shit what you think you know.

I will bow out now and just say that everyone on this whole subforum has a very narrow minded and idealistic view of everything that involves relationships and human interaction in general, and these ideas dont exist in the real world.

the guy saying it's impossible for men to be friends with women is saying that other people have a narrow view of the world.

IRONY
Old 10-06-2009, 08:54 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

Lurker
im a dumbass who posts my bosses credit card number onto the internet for people to abuse
 
Lurker's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
the guy saying it's impossible for men to be friends with women is saying that other people have a narrow view of the world.

IRONY

The narrow mindedness in my mind is thinking it is possible. Also, the "friend zone" is not what I am talking about when I refer to a platonic relationship between a man and a women.

I have my opinion you have yours, deal with it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trachei View Post
you cared enough to make a complete judgment about things you didn't even know about me [me having a gf, her being a bitch since I'm on genmay, her automatically being insecure about me having female friends, and how I have female friends cause I'm worried about being gay].

Everyone in this subforum is generally correct.

I made no such judgments about you, just assumptions based on the whole and I even said that in some cases its possible but not here(which is likely the universal case). So I didnt say it was impossible. Just unlikely. I didn't personally attack you, I said it was unlikely you didnt because of the aforementioned reason, then I asked you a serious question with no offense implied or intended.
__________________
Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of anyone else.

Last edited by Lurker; 10-07-2009 at 01:12 PM..
Old 10-07-2009, 01:04 PM Lurker is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:38 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.