General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

2[H]4U

I always thought you were a girl.

Learn somethin new everyday...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

letmeinnow

I don't understand the big fear of HSV. Not likely to kill ya, might hurt if you get an outbreak but pills are now available to shorten that time.

Can people go though life without getting minor infections, injuries and having things happen?

I can see issues with HSV during childbirth since it can harm/kill the baby but even there...just get a c-section.

I look at all the other fun dangerous things humans do...drive fast? motorcycle? skydive? surf? skateboard? You add your fun hobbies to the list....if you seriously are the kind of person who does not take any risks regardless of the possible rewards, run from anyone with a cold sore. Otherwise, weigh the risk v rewards.

You think maybe there is a future with this girl? Is that reward enough to risk it?

Oh and yes, you may already have been exposed but never had an outbreak...you can get a blood test for the antibodies to see but I hear those tests are not 100%...still, then you would know more than you do now.

VoodoochildBC
cutie patootie <3 bonnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by letmeinnow View Post
I don't understand the big fear of HSV. Not likely to kill ya, might hurt if you get an outbreak but pills are now available to shorten that time.

Can people go though life without getting minor infections, injuries and having things happen?
I don't really understand where you're coming from with this. The entire point of this thread was based around the fact that I did not know the consequences of the infection. It's more of a risk than you think; some people equate this to herpes (the bad kind) and I'm not ruling out a sexual future with someone else. On top of that, most of what I am concerned about is how to avoid it, not should I let someone go completely because of a minor infection.

Am I a person who evaluates risks? Yes. Do I think it's stupid to do this or do I think people should disregard it? Absolutely not. You made the analogy to riding on a motorcycle being dangerous. Well, if you were a new rider, wouldn't you take a training course to avoid being in an accident? Wouldn't you wear a helmet if you were a skater? Just because you might get hurt doing something doesn't mean you can't lessen the blow. My point being that it never hurts to be educated about something before you take a swing at it, that's all. If you thought I meant otherwise then you didn't comprehend my original post and that may be my fault, sorry.

Last edited by VoodoochildBC; 08-24-2010 at 07:59 PM..

SupermanwOOt

Get a herpes test. It checks for antibodies to the virus. You may have it and just not have noticed it in the past or had minor orolabial involvement that you didn't link to HSV. If thats positive then just have a ball. If you have HSV1 antibodies you should be protected against genital involvement of HSV1, but not HSV2. If you are positive for HSV2 then you are immune to 1. Its weird but I'm pretty sure thats how it works.

HSV is only a real threat if you develop AIDS or have to take immunosuppressants for an autoimmune disease.