General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

BunnyFooFoo

Solutions to Snoring?

Apparently I snore and it keeps up my wife, which keeps me up because she wakes me up if I start. For any other snorers, what has worked for you? I don't want to wear that freaking mask every night. I've noticed that sleeping on my side helps, but I don't sleep well like that. I usually sleep on my stomach.

Thanks for advance for any help.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

have you tried losing weight?

Typhoon43

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckybob View Post
have you tried losing weight?

Jsst about to say. A lot of times this can be caused by gaining weight.

Hornswoggler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyFooFoo View Post
I don't want to wear that freaking mask every night.

Have you had a sleep study yet? If not, I recommend having one done ASAP.. if you have daytime sleepiness along wiht snoring, you could have obstructive sleep apnea.

Snoring can be caused by a lot of different things. If sleeping on your side helps, you probably have a tongue-based obstruction. You probably don't want to hear it, but time to get yourself skinny as a rail. Are you overweight? What is your body fat %? Time to lean out, a lot, and see if that helps. It's easier than surgery.

If you are already skinny, some options are CPAP, oral appliance (that moves your lower jaw forward at night), and surgery. You'll want to work with a sleep center on diagnosis first and pursuing your options. If you are really into DIY and/or don't have insurance, monitor your O2 sats with an oximeter overnight and watch for sat dips and spikes. SNoring could mean you don't get enough oxygen when you sleep.

BunnyFooFoo

I'm 5'10 and 185 lbs. I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs - about to start p90x. I hope this works.

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyFooFoo View Post
I'm 5'10 and 185 lbs. I'm trying to lose about 20 lbs - about to start p90x. I hope this works.

post a results thread please, im about the same build and i was thinking of trying that as well.

SupermanwOOt

Sleep study (polysomnogram) might be a good idea if you think you might be experiencing sleep apnea and want a definitive diagnosis. However I would ask you this first.

Did you gain weight recently or over time and just recently started noticing snoring or has it always been a problem?

Do you take any medications?

Do you sleep on your back?

Do you talk, yell, sing a lot or are you a more "quiet" person?

Last edited by SupermanwOOt; 08-26-2010 at 04:15 PM..

zitboy
MachTy
IDLE #MIDWEST.DLL ON GAMESURGE

I used to snore, and then I underwent surgery to straighten my nasal septum, which was absolutely crooked was blocking nasal airflow. Ever since the surgery I've been way better. It's worth looking into. There are also other surgeries, including straight up removing your uvula and other excess tissue, but it sounds like a diet would make more sense before resorting to that.

Kimbalee

I have OSA.

Shit sucks. Get a sleep study, get a CPAP (if you need it) and get some sleep.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachTy View Post
I used to snore, and then I underwent surgery to straighten my nasal septum, which was absolutely crooked was blocking nasal airflow. Ever since the surgery I've been way better. It's worth looking into. There are also other surgeries, including straight up removing your uvula and other excess tissue, but it sounds like a diet would make more sense before resorting to that.

how was that surgery?

I snore if i sleep on my back, but i only sleep on my side so thats np. Whats a p is that my nose is _always_ full. There is always some blockage and its goddamn annoying

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Hornswoggler1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
how was that surgery?

How old are you?

It sucks ass. I woke up with a long tube stuck up each nostril... and they stayed for a week. Always clogged with gunk, its like your nose doesn't work at all until they are taken out by the doctor.

but dont worry about all that. Get it done if you need it. I am not a mouth breather when I sleep, so it probably bothered me more than some people.

Vol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukkakeboy View Post
how was that surgery?

I snore if i sleep on my back, but i only sleep on my side so thats np. Whats a p is that my nose is _always_ full. There is always some blockage and its goddamn annoying

That happens to me sometimes, no matter how much I blow my nose it always seems obstructed. When it does my CPAP machine is useless so I use a Neti Pot and it really works well, better then the saline sprays.

It takes a little practice and it feels weird when you get it right but it's well worth the hassle in my opinion.
http://www.walgreens.com/store/catal...sku=sku3355404