General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ZQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless?
Didn't Farjung lose his vindi a few days before in the same system?

Anyways earlier today one of our pilots was being chased by a small gang just outside of x-7 in pb, he managed to get them to come into x-7 and we engaged them with our gang(me in a curse,absolution,claw,vaga,brutix) they had raven, 2 hawks, brutix and a caracal that showed up about 10seconds toolate. Unfortunaly I had the pleasure of being called primary right off the bat but was able to jam the raven for all but one cycle and pretty much disabled the brutix with my tracking disruptors and nos. I manged to escape after the raven and brutix had died and one of the hawks was into hull, I had 47.9hull left.
Overall we managed to kill all of them bar one of the hawks while taking no losses
http://pics.woolnet.net/images/hulltankftw.jpg
holy crap, another pure blind citizen...

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immune
I forgot the name but it's a Caldari missle cruiser It costs exactly 5,000,000ISK

edit: Jesus christ I'm on this missions "Worlds Collide" It's impossibly difficult. My friend in a destroyer and another friend in a Kestrel and I were all destroyed by like a swarm of 10 tough guys. Arghhhh

My main advise right now for ya is to finish your learnings (get basics to 5 and adv to 4, learning 5, skip the charisma skills alltogether), then specialize! If all 14m of my sp were in one races tech, I'd be far more powerful than I am now. Also, caldari are gonna be the most difficult road for pvping. They are the best at pve, but every race can pve the hardest stuff.

If I could go back I'd either keep all my skills as they are now, except drop all my sp out of other races ships and put it all in minmatar ships. Or just go gallente exclusive, all armor, rails, and drones.

BTW the absolute best order to get learnings done as soon as possible is:
Instant Recall 1
Analytical Mind 1
Learning 1
Instant Recall 2
Analytical Mind 2
Learning 2
Instant Recall 3
Analytical Mind 3
Learning 3
Instant Recall 4
Analytical Mind - 4,
Learning 4
Instant Recall 5
Eidetic Memory 4
Analytical Mind 5
Logic 4
Learning 5

Then proceed to work on the other ones, basics to 5 & adv to 4, minus cha.

Last edited by Malakai; 08-20-2006 at 01:25 AM..

Immune
ROT IN FUCK, DOUCHE-PENIS

fuck... should I restart and make a new character? An Amarr Khanid Cyber Knight?

OmegaAquinas

Generally speaking, unless you put all of your points into charisma you're fine.

You won't have the "optimum" attributes for rapid learning, so it'll take you anywhere from an extra 5 minutes to 5 days to learn a skill.

If you have more than 1M SP, its not really worth it to restart.

Immune

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaAquinas
Generally speaking, unless you put all of your points into charisma you're fine.

You won't have the "optimum" attributes for rapid learning, so it'll take you anywhere from an extra 5 minutes to 5 days to learn a skill.

If you have more than 1M SP, its not really worth it to restart.

I made an Achura Monk with 3pt in percep and 2pt in INT. however, I chose level Caldari frigate and if caldari ships are crap, I just wasted 95k SP which I could have put towards an Amarr vessel or Minamatar.

My Stats at Char Creation are Cha:3 Int: 10: Perc: 12 Will: 8 Mem: 6

edit: My guy is 1.5 days old

OmegaAquinas

Not too bad. Your lowish mem will slow you down some, but you'll breeze through the ship learning skills, which generally speaking is the category with the most high-rank skills.

Social skills are going to take forever to learn for you, so effective agent running isn't in the cards for a bit. And leadership skills will also take a while, but those are only used when you gang with someone.

Immune

Khanid cyber knight is a little more evenly distributed

Amarr Khanid Cyber Knight: cha 5 / wil 10 / int 6 / mem 4 / per 14

OmegaAquinas

holy hell....I'd have to shoot myself in the face to start with an int/mem that low.

Immune

Quote:
holy hell....I'd have to shoot myself in the face to start with an int/mem that low.

Do you know of a better build than the two I mentioned? Also, should I start over with a new Calardi Achura Monk but training something more applicable to all ship classes like gunnery and just train up a different type of frigate?

OmegaAquinas

If you want to start over, go ahead....

Like I said, points don't generally matter, but int/mem/perc/will I wouldn't have lower than 8 each. Charisma can be sacrificed, but I wouldn't go lower than 5 with it....it does get used, but not as much as the others.

Other than those guidelines, knock yourself out.

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

I...I had the greatest and worst days of my life...

I was pretty pimp feeling in my Punisher sitting on 1.5 mil then I accepted a security mission that had me running a gauntlet to save some fags.

I got missile raped...luckily it was insured.

So I got an Inquisitor, trained missiles so I could come back hardcore....after about 1.2 mil I went back and got raped...again, and forgot to insure

So now I'm back to rookie ship having to go fetch an executioner I bought yesterday....I am so...so....gah.

edit: and thus I was introduced to Worlds Collide.

Last edited by Vienge.; 08-20-2006 at 03:56 AM..

Incubus

Quote:

That's because you're an industrial guy.

For a combat pilot, there are definitely a bunch of skills that require mem (drones etc), but the overwhelming majority of your skill points will go into spaceship command and gunnery/missiles, all three of which have perc/will as their primary/secondary.

Even for those saying agent running is out because of his low charisma are kind of wrong imo. Most of the social skills are really low ranking ones and why on earth you'd need to take them to 5 is beyond me. So, that means that it honestly would take him a few extra days to train them than a normal person... and when you devote maybe 500k sp to social overall, that's a very low price to pay.

Incubus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienge.
I...I had the greatest and worst days of my life...

I was pretty pimp feeling in my Punisher sitting on 1.5 mil then I accepted a security mission that had me running a gauntlet to save some fags.

I got missile raped...luckily it was insured.

So I got an Inquisitor, trained missiles so I could come back hardcore....after about 1.2 mil I went back and got raped...again, and forgot to insure

So now I'm back to rookie ship having to go fetch an executioner I bought yesterday....I am so...so....gah.

edit: and thus I was introduced to Worlds Collide.

I have never run the lower level Worlds Collide mission (was introduced after I was up to level 4s or whatever), but from what I've heard it's an incredibly difficult mission, particularly for new pilots. You guys can cancel missions you know, right? You can cancel one every four hours without a standings loss. So, when you get a mission, just check the "give me more details" link before you say okay. If it's worlds collide, tell your agent to fuck off and get another mission.

Vienge.
Vienge
FULL BLOWN WIENER!

yeah I had heard how hard it was but stupid me didn't look at the mission name when I accepted it just saw the payout if I finished it and was all 'pffh, I can outrun some silly NPCs'

OmegaAquinas

Well, if you agent farm for fun and profit, you want to get out of the level 1s and 2s ASAP. Connections skill at 3 is a minimum--adds a full point to your effective standings at 3.
The base Social skill also increases your rate of standings climb. So you could save yourself a LOT of grinding by getting them.

The Negotiations and various special area connections skills increase your payout and LP gain. LP is where you make your money via skillbook and implant offers and resales.

As for the Lvl 1 Worlds collide....its a great mission for payour and standings game. The key is to get into a fast frigate, load on shield/armor repairs, a nice afterburner, and RUN through the first 2 rooms. Take the gate on the left in the first room--its the easier one.

Then when you get to the last room, the enemies are easy. A blaster or missile setup will dispatch them quickly, then pick up the survivors and warp out to collect the reward.