General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

litoeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
I am 8 hours in an am really starting to enjoy the game a lot now. The story is starting to grow on me and the battle system is getting more difficult. I'm actually stuck, or last I played last night at 3am drunk.. was stuck on  Odin . Any tips?

all i did was spam autobattle and potion and kept pressing x haha 

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Cheez-it II

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post
 barthandelus  is such a bitch in chapter 9. i think i need to grind a bit (avoided a lot of battles on the way to the boss). if it weren't for him casting doom on me, i could probably wear him down eventually... but yeah, he casts doom on my main and the timer hits zero and i'm done.

interestingly, the strategy guide has a couple errors on this fight in particular. it mentions trying to land a Slow debuff on the main body as an opening move, but it is immune until you take out the other parts. it also states he casts doom 'near the very end' of the fight, but it cast it on me when i had him at like 50% and it obviously killed me despite the guide telling me not to worry

Doom seems to be sorta random. The time I did kill him he didn't cast it.

I upgraded Lightning weapon to level 14 so I could kill him a bit faster.

Crazy thing is, the target time for that battle is 10 minutes. It took me 18. No clue how you're supposed to beat him in 10 or under.

edit: perfect conductors are great for leveling an item up. I got Lightning's weapon a 3x multiplier then gave it 6 conductors. It was something like 12,000 points.
"Perhaps the fire isnt fully out yet. Just a strong wind came and almost blew it away. I want to make it burn again. But part of the matchstick will always be unlightable because it burnt off and faded away with the wind."

-Metz

Last edited by Cheez-it II; 03-14-2010 at 11:39 AM..

teh scud

yeah i need to upgrade more and grind a bit. highest level waepon is like lvl 7 and only one character has upgraded weapon at all

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
I am 8 hours in an am really starting to enjoy the game a lot now. The story is starting to grow on me and the battle system is getting more difficult. I'm actually stuck, or last I played last night at 3am drunk.. was stuck on  Odin . Any tips?

dual casting to beat him up

then double medic to heal

switch back and forth

growler

Quote:
yeah i need to upgrade more and grind a bit. highest level waepon is like lvl 7 and only one character has upgraded weapon at all

give it 32 items like sturdy bone to get the multiplier up to 3x and then give it as much of the biggest items you can like the conductors or turboprops

ph00ny

now i need to pick up a copy. how is the loading time on both systems?
04 White Diamond CTS
f17881c2d660477b9151fe21fb4fb04b

teh scud

i'm on ps3 but afaik 360 is the same. almost all loading is masked by cutscenes, and even if you skip them it's barely any loading. there's no install on ps3 either.

differences are mainly with 360's inferior cutscene video compression and gameplay/cutscene resolution, and i've read reports that 360 framerate problems occur later in the game.

Kimbalee

Quote:
differences are mainly with 360's inferior cutscene video compression and gameplay/cutscene resolution, and i've read reports that 360 framerate problems occur later in the game.

Yeah it looks like low quality youtube video

teh scud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheez-it II View Post
Doom seems to be sorta random. The time I did kill him he didn't cast it.

I upgraded Lightning weapon to level 14 so I could kill him a bit faster.

Crazy thing is, the target time for that battle is 10 minutes. It took me 18. No clue how you're supposed to beat him in 10 or under.

edit: perfect conductors are great for leveling an item up. I got Lightning's weapon a 3x multiplier then gave it 6 conductors. It was something like 12,000 points.
i don't know what i'm doing differently. he just cast doom on me with 1/3 hp left so i bet that kills me again. i fully upgraded axis blade and have everyone lvl 3 in their top two classes.

he casts destructo so often that it eats up a lot of my DPS as i have to bunker down and i can never have enough time for stagger...

Cheez-it II

Quote:
i don't know what i'm doing differently. he just cast doom on me with 1/3 hp left so i bet that kills me again. i fully upgraded axis blade and have everyone lvl 3 in their top two classes.

he casts destructo so often that it eats up a lot of my DPS as i have to bunker down and i can never have enough time for stagger...

Apart from the first stagger I was never able to stagger him again. Even if you DO manage to stagger him, once he shifts into destructo mode it resets the chain counter.

Basically the whole fight was mostly lightning and fang on dps with hope healing. I tried to switch in and out of full heal and full damage but the overall dps of that is probably less than the constant two dps and one heal.

Also once he goes to destructo try to have both fang and lightning damage him for two rounds then shift fang to sentinel and lightning commando and every now and then she'll make him stumble with one of her attacks. Seems to increase the charge time on destructo as well as halving the damage.
"Perhaps the fire isnt fully out yet. Just a strong wind came and almost blew it away. I want to make it burn again. But part of the matchstick will always be unlightable because it burnt off and faded away with the wind."

-Metz

teh scud

does having higher magic stat increase the amount that character can heal others with cure?

teh scud

just beat chapter 9 boss finally. upgraded a couple weapons and took the training wheels off (stopped using auto attack) so i could make sure i was being most efficient (i notice the AI seems to pick a variety of moves instead of sticking exclusively with what is most effective). didn't even give him time to cast doom on me.

SGT Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbalee View Post
Yeah it looks like low quality youtube video

Cheez-it II

Just got to the Gran Pulse steppes and holy shit is this place huuuuge.

And deadly. My whole party just got wiped by one attack

-Metz

growler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Rob View Post

except it's true because the bink encoder has looked that way forever