General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

cokezeroholic

I hate getting really low ratings in fights because I don't assign people right according to the game. Like that first fight where the boss is like 200k HP and I thought I did it really well, but it took twice as long as "it should" and I got like no rating. wtf Oh it was the freaking flower looking thing.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Kintoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealScott View Post
I love how fast people's opinion of this changes.

"fuck this game, i played 5 minutes and it was boring!"
to
"OMG this is probably the best ff since ff7!@@!@!#%!"

Just goes to show how ignorant the average person is
Didn't notice anyone's opinion change but I notice reviews are varied. I have a theory about that. Squeenix made the game more accessible which is a big change for the series. So people went into it expecting 'A' and got 'B' and that angers them - rightfully so. However the game still stands up quite well and is enjoyable. Not the best of the series, but not the worst. So is the change working? I think it is. I'm seeing tons of first time FFers playing and loving the game. The game is easy to learn and the combat system is fun even to vets (need to play awhile for the difficulty to get there though).

IMO people need to get over their preconceptions and just play the game. Trust the FF franchise like we always have and it won't disappoint you.

ephekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealScott View Post
in a sense, all these people spouting out how to beat specific encounters is a spoiler
Only if you're retarded. Com/Rav, Rav/Rav and Rav/Med are pretty damn obvious, and all the eidolons are beat the same way.

Mixomatosys
Cool Kid

haven't touched the game in a few days, it's not grasping me at all :/

raven01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
I hate getting really low ratings in fights because I don't assign people right according to the game. Like that first fight where the boss is like 200k HP and I thought I did it really well, but it took twice as long as "it should" and I got like no rating. wtf Oh it was the freaking flower looking thing.

That fight was a pain in the ass until I realized I needed to keep my buffs/debuffs up.

Cheez-it II

doom is starting to piss me off. when the boss casts it on you and has 1 million hp left it makes it impossible to win.
"Perhaps the fire isnt fully out yet. Just a strong wind came and almost blew it away. I want to make it burn again. But part of the matchstick will always be unlightable because it burnt off and faded away with the wind."

-Metz

cokezeroholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raven01 View Post
That fight was a pain in the ass until I realized I needed to keep my buffs/debuffs up.
I got it my first time but haven't dove too deep into the fighting because I'm waiting until I can equip two accessories for each character.

ephekt

Quote:
So... use the paradigm system like you're supposed to? I assume you're talking about the flower you fight as Light/Hope, right? It was fairly easy if you maintained buffs/debuff and stayed on Rav/Rav or Com/Rav most of the time. Com/Rav should be your default paradigm in dual person parties like 99% of the time.

Also, make sure you use Libra. Not only does it tell you any weaknesses, it makes your NPC party members auto attack with the appropriate damage type to exploit that weakness.

Last edited by ephekt; 03-18-2010 at 07:13 AM..

theNoid

Quote:
I got it my first time but haven't dove too deep into the fighting because I'm waiting until I can equip two accessories for each character.

When does this happen?

ephekt

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
When does this happen?
I think it has to do with Crystalarium progression. Or at least I only noticed it after maxing my first two paradigms at lvl 2.

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theNoid View Post
When does this happen?

after you unlock the first role level crystal in the crystarium

theNoid

Sounds good thanks. I think I'm just about there.

Busterzx202

I'm 3/4 of the way through chapter 5, and I just have no drive to keep playing. It just all feels so forced and linear, like Im traveling through pipes the whole time. And then with the changes to the battle system it just doesnt interest me, "change classes, x, x, x, x, x, change classes, x, x, x..." until the end. I suppose Ill play some other games, and pick it up and see if I can get into it after taking a break. I just miss being able to explore, and actually control my party.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busterzx202 View Post
I'm 3/4 of the way through chapter 5, and I just have no drive to keep playing. It just all feels so forced and linear, like Im traveling through pipes the whole time. And then with the changes to the battle system it just doesnt interest me, "change classes, x, x, x, x, x, change classes, x, x, x..." until the end. I suppose Ill play some other games, and pick it up and see if I can get into it after taking a break. I just miss being able to explore, and actually control my party.
Same here...I'm not quite 3/4 through however...but in any case I'm considering slipping it back in the gamefly envelope anyway. Graphics are good, story is meh and the combat is starting to be a grind.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

sun_ofa_beach

Hey guys I have a question
What is it like playing an RPG with a female as the main character.
I am relunctant to try this game because of that (as prejudice as it sounds) simply because I put myself in the character's shoes and it seems weird that it's a female...

March 1st 07 - Dweeb transformed to Balladom <3