General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Abazaba
 
Abazaba's Avatar
 
My excitement is ineffable.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:17 PM Abazaba is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

littleho
 
given all the cinematic scenes i just saw in that trailer, i cannot imagine the game to have as much freedom as the first. looks amazing, though.
__________________
cebababab
Old 06-05-2010, 11:38 AM littleho is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

matthew620
 
Amazing movie trailer.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:25 PM matthew620 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

L1n34r_3urn()
 
My problem with playing HL is I never use anything except for the crowbar / pistol because I conserve ammo... next thing you know the games over :-/.
__________________
c10bb5c23148250a25da9a2326a01377 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:58 PM L1n34r_3urn() is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by L1n34r_3urn() View Post
My problem with playing HL is I never use anything except for the crowbar / pistol because I conserve ammo... next thing you know the games over :-/.

lol yeah I'm that way too, I finished DEUS EX with max lockpicks and multitools.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
lol yeah I'm that way too, I finished DEUS EX with max lockpicks and multitools.

Last time I played it I used the inventory stacking glitch and pretty much stockpiled up the whazoo. I never really used the heavy weapons and I mostly used the Dragon sword thingus so never needed ammo, but it was nice to have them in case.
__________________
._--_|\.
/........\
\_.--._/
.......v.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:43 AM vinnie is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

MooK
 
MooK's Avatar
 
No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to play Deus Ex, as a murderous rampaging cyborg, I cannot stop playing stealthily. Always knocking people out, or silently taking them out.
__________________
MooK - <3 Website Architecture.
Synth3t1c owes me $20 via PayPal.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:12 AM MooK is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to play Deus Ex, as a murderous rampaging cyborg, I cannot stop playing stealthily. Always knocking people out, or silently taking them out.

I'm the complete opposite

Whenever I start stealthing around, I go FUCK THIS and run in guns blazing.
Old 06-07-2010, 11:48 AM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
I'm the complete opposite

Whenever I start stealthing around, I go FUCK THIS and run in guns blazing.
i bet you pick the LAW as your first weapon too, even though you can find it at the end of the first mission anyway (as opposed to the sniper rifle, which you dont get for like 10 missions in unless you choose it first)
Old 06-07-2010, 11:56 AM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
i bet you pick the LAW as your first weapon too, even though you can find it at the end of the first mission anyway (as opposed to the sniper rifle, which you dont get for like 10 missions in unless you choose it first)

I never use heavy weapons in the games I play... rocket launchers, miniguns, whatever. Ammo is always so scarce that I can never rely on them. I can't remember what I picked when I started Deus Ex. Probably the sniper rifle. What was the third option?

I should replay it.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:03 PM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f
 
WILLIAM NOT's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
No matter how many times I tell myself I'm going to play Deus Ex, as a murderous rampaging cyborg, I cannot stop playing stealthily. Always knocking people out, or silently taking them out.
That doesn't count as stealthy. Stealthy is when you hardly kill anybody.
__________________
Heinrich the Korean-American Spelling Nazi of the Grammar Nazi Association
R.O.A.D.H.E.A.D. 12/07/05

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant
Old 06-07-2010, 12:41 PM WILLIAM NOT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theLiberator View Post
That doesn't count as stealthy. Stealthy is when you hardly kill anybody.
pissed me off on the castle clinton mission, where you come back afterwards and the armsman says "you massacred those guys" that thats a universal response.

Specifically after he said that, i went back and redid the mission with only tranq darts and a baton, didnt kill a single guy, and he still said it. Thats the only piece of discontinuity in the game that i remember.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Forever Domon
 
Forever Domon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
I never use heavy weapons in the games I play... rocket launchers, miniguns, whatever. Ammo is always so scarce that I can never rely on them. I can't remember what I picked when I started Deus Ex. Probably the sniper rifle. What was the third option?

I should replay it.
crossbow i think, worthless option.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM Forever Domon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

WILLIAM NOT
theLiberator
"I hate my hair in these anigifs, I'm glad I'm shooting myself in the head in at least one of them f
 
WILLIAM NOT's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
pissed me off on the castle clinton mission, where you come back afterwards and the armsman says "you massacred those guys" that thats a universal response.

Specifically after he said that, i went back and redid the mission with only tranq darts and a baton, didnt kill a single guy, and he still said it. Thats the only piece of discontinuity in the game that i remember.
Tranquilizing and knocking people unconscious don't count as stealthy in the game. I forget whether I managed to do it "stealthily," but there is a way.
__________________
Heinrich the Korean-American Spelling Nazi of the Grammar Nazi Association
R.O.A.D.H.E.A.D. 12/07/05

Major: Physics, Minor: Chemistry, Life: Non-existant
Old 06-07-2010, 01:47 PM WILLIAM NOT is offline  
Reply With Quote
#29  

bobsmith
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by domonbaylespam View Post
Specifically after he said that, i went back and redid the mission with only tranq darts and a baton, didnt kill a single guy, and he still said it. Thats the only piece of discontinuity in the game that i remember.

It's not actually a discontinuity problem so much as shitty objective triggering.

The armorer makes some vague reference about "going in the front guns blazing" and from that you're somehow supposed to figure out that to get on his good side you have to sneak in the back of the castle and keep the body count down. If you go in the front and don't whack anybody, it doesn't count...I guess a true nonlethal warrior pacifist nano-aug man always backdoors the bad guys.

It's pretty retarded, but it is possible to do it and get the armorer to comment on what an angelic anti-terrorist commando you are and give you the extra ammo/items.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:59 PM bobsmith is offline  
Reply With Quote
#30  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.