General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Dolphin

Looks like a hoakey interpretation of a 12 year old boy's imagination. Like a fucking power ranger on crystal meth.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh scud View Post

Jesus Christ, Raiden, overkill much?

"Sup guy, I'm just going to toss you in the air then slice off your legs and chop off your dick, the rest of your leg stump and one of your hands...I'm making a sandwich..." Feels like they're overcompensating a bit for girly MGS2 Raiden.
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!

littleho

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
Call me pessimistic but I'm totally underwhelmed.

I'm not too hyped going into a MGS game as Raiden to begin with... but I'm open. Then they show the gameplay; their Lightning Bolt Action looks like crippled version of Ninja Gaiden complete with gimmicky move controls. Oh, I can cut through stuff!? I'll take twelve copies plz!

Maybe I'm just more of a "tactical espionage action" type of guy. But this "MGS except with lightsaber hack'n'slash" -shit looks utterly retarded. People are going to be doing backflips praising the shit out of this at release.... then 6 months later we'll all have forgotten it ever existed.

haha, the best part is that after you're done wrecking all the peons and cars by cutting them in half, theres gunna be the bosses where you somehow get your sword taken away or they have some immunity against the chop chops.

of course, right when you proceed to the next level, you can commence the slash slash! this looked pretty cool but im not quite sold... maybe bc i think raiden is still a huge

Colonel Sanders

We need a Star Wars game with that kind of detail with lightsabers...

seiferguy

I thought Raiden redeemed himself of his faggy ways in MGS4, but goddamn this game looks badass.

Ben16

I have ps3, this looks great

otapnam

now the question is, which countries will ban this game?

Fatdaddy
Liqdfire's Woman <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
Jesus Christ, Raiden, overkill much?

"Sup guy, I'm just going to toss you in the air then slice off your legs and chop off your dick, the rest of your leg stump and one of your hands...I'm making a sandwich..." Feels like they're overcompensating a bit for girly MGS2 Raiden.

slomotion chopping people to bits. what could be more exciting!!

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
slomotion chopping people to bits. what could be more exciting!!

I dunno...new ground for a Metal Gear game, that's for sure...there have been MGS games I played through without killing anyone! Just stun em and put them all to sleep. I also don't think I've seen a game where you could literally slice someone into pieces. It's awesome and crazy all at the same time!
Hey Charlie Murphy! Arrrgh! You darkness, you black, midnight, evil mother------, black magic, darkness, you raw...darkness, you, -------, delirious mother-------, argh! You were cold as ice! ---- your couch! I'm Rick James, bitch!

Fatdaddy
Liqdfire's Woman <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millions View Post
I dunno...new ground for a Metal Gear game, that's for sure...there have been MGS games I played through without killing anyone! Just stun em and put them all to sleep. I also don't think I've seen a game where you could literally slice someone into pieces. It's awesome and crazy all at the same time!

you know im no fan of the MGS series, but this is something that would draw me in for sure

theNoid

I am interested in seeing where this title goes. It looks like it really could be AAA but time will tell.

Millions
Genmay Art Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdaddy View Post
you know im no fan of the MGS series, but this is something that would draw me in for sure

Provided it's more game than cutscene...you know I love me some Metal Gear...but MGS4 was ridiculous. There was more movie than game...it was the first MGS game I didn't play twice.

It sucked too because the combat was extremely fun.