General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
I have a know-it-all friend who thinks this is the holy grail of dps analysis.

Ok here's what you do, take a golf club and hit that son of a bitch right above the knee on the outside REALLY FUCKING HARD. Then to add insult to injury, swat him in the face with a newspaper and say "NO!" really loud. "NO! BAD DPS. BAD. DON'T BE STUPID."
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Condoner

I always thought the holy grail for DPS was using rawr to calculate your theoretical maximum, and then getting as close as possible as lag/movement/target changes allow.

Electrikfuzz050

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
I always thought the holy grail for DPS was using rawr to calculate your theoretical maximum, and then getting as close as possible as lag/movement/target changes allow.

For the classes/specs it actually works for, yes.

d4rkspike
<3

Im having more fun playing the AH than playing the game

Bill

Last edited by Bill; 10-08-2010 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: disregard that, I suck cocks

Reverend Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post

For me the holy grail for DPS was seeing who was top ranked DPS in my class on the US/World ranking charts and then finding a way to match them or beat them. Constant research and dedication, effort and devotion. If you can't accept anything less than the best from yourself, you'll stop sucking. Ghettoraid's problem is that he's fine with mediocrity, he doesn't care if he's the best or not. He doesn't have the drive to be better. For me it was a matter of pride, I set a goal (usually to beat someone else that was out DPS'ing me) and then I met it. Then I set another one.
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Sin View Post
For me the holy grail for DPS was seeing who was top ranked DPS in my class on the US/World ranking charts and then finding a way to match them or beat them.

GIMMA THE GRAIL. I GOT THE GRAIL.

Sorry, I've been playing a bunch of new games IRL and getting my ass beat into a pulp by people that have been playing for years, I need to epeen stroke somewhere

Reverend Sin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
GIMMA THE GRAIL. I GOT THE GRAIL.

Sorry, I've been playing a bunch of new games IRL and getting my ass beat into a pulp by people that have been playing for years, I need to epeen stroke somewhere

GOD I BILL

Bill

Anyone know where I can find the full 4.0/PTR patch notes?

Is the 70-80 xp requirement getting nerfed with 4.0 or with cata? Either way, 4.0 is going to make it a joke to level (fury warrior will be absolutely lol to level) but I'm curious if I'll be getting my remaining couple guys to 80 with no effort or if I'll just continue to be super lazy.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Alright well now that my 25man 11/12 icc guild fell to pieces, my friends and I are looking for a new server. Package deal. Even if you love the rogue, or love the DK, my noob ass is getting rammed down your throat.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&cn=Bbybatr
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sera&cn=Mackin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r=Ysera&cn=Flu

Or of course if anyone has suggestions (not necessarily actual invites) for good servers, let me know.

<edit> wtf gardenburger? does that mean something?

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Alright well now that my 25man 11/12 icc guild fell to pieces, my friends and I are looking for a new server. Package deal. Even if you love the rogue, or love the DK, my noob ass is getting rammed down your throat.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...era&cn=Bbybatr
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...sera&cn=Mackin
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...r=Ysera&cn=Flu

Or of course if anyone has suggestions (not necessarily actual invites) for good servers, let me know.

You really can't be serious.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Srs.

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

oh genmay, you never change. Retard #2 here, I'll be playing again when cata rolls out.

Druid changes look fun. Rogues look boring. Not sure what to make of warrior changes.
I'll be making a worgen probably, since I haven't played on alliance in forever. Dunno if I want a priest, mage, or lock. Leaning towards priest since I liked being able to switch between healing/casting dps on my druid.

My server is probably still terrible, but at least I can use the neutral AH to feed a new alt some gold.

Bill

I hear elemental shaman is buckets of fun in beta. And this is from a guy who has played shaman as his main since TBC release, and only ever enhance/healing.

Their changes look pretty awesome. Honestly I'll probably be ditching the druid for the shaman (YET AGAIN, goddamn do all three trees look amazing this round) or a warrior.

Condoner

Leveling in 4.0/cata just seems better from the ground up.

I'm actually looking forward to leveling a character from 1-60.