General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Stealth

sounds do not sound as loud if not on dd 5.1

pro logic does a good job but i hear a difference.

maybe it's just me being retarded

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post
Does the HDMI port on the 360 not supply audio as well? I'll be getting my new tuner setup on Monday and was going to use HDMI, but I might just do this hack if it doesn't.

Due to the popularity of the the HDMI dongle hack I'd imagine the audio of HDMI is "lacking" compared to the optical out. I don't know details, but its certainly easier for setups like mine where the HDMI receiving source has no audio functionality/ins/outs of its own.

I haven't tried the NXE update. Kind of hesitant to grab it after hearing about the HDMI issues

Also, I ordered an "official" xbox component cable (sealed in the bag that it comes in with the 360 elite) for the retard hdtv downstairs that doesn't have hdmi or dvi. Got it off ebay buyitnow for $8 shipped. I have no regrets hacking my original cable.

DaveRN

Hello, I recently got a premium or pro version, and as most of the people who feel ripped off by the forced HDMI "help with $50 MS fund" I went ahead and tried this mod. I followed your helpful instructions opened the dongle. I plugged the dongle plus the $10 generic HDMI cable, and realized I had another poblem, the HMDI cable plug side was too big for both of them to fit, so I had to undergo a mod to the cable, cutting and making smaller the "head" of the cable. Ok now Im feeling good to go, (After couple of hours battling) I plug both things on my XBOX and the darn thing starts its fatal endless reboot. So I take back the dongle and pry open once more, searching for the little black looping cable to cut it off and finally start playing Ninja Blade! Guess what? After half an hour of carefully looking with a flashlight, I've realized that there was no looping black cable, that maybe MS in their huge wisdom realized that everybodu was doing this mod, so they kindly removed it for us, but left the reboot problem! or not? Could it be that my system is hackless? maybe I got a new version? I got it onApril 2009. (couple of weeks ago)

So, now I'm 10 bucks short 'cause of the torn apart HDMI cable, a metallic dongle that looks bad, and looking to spend an extra $50 for the obligatory MS supplied HDMI, not to mention 3 hours of spent time. Anybody has any ideas or comments??

ceejamon
Ignore this post

I bought the Arcade version because it's the only one I found that was a Jasper. I bought a $5 NewEgg HDMI cable and I don't encounter this problem at all - I switch back and forth from TV to XBOX without any issues, reboots, or handshakes.

Stealth

I had to hack mine so i could fit my HDMI and also have a optical out...

why the fuck these things aren't thought about when it was designed blows my mind.

I would not get good surround sound if it was through the HDMI.

The sounds wouldn't sound like they were coming from their correct speaker.

Like in halo, if i throw a grenade and turn around..so my back is facing it i would only hear the explosion on
my rear speakers. With prologic they come out of all the speakers.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
I had to hack mine so i could fit my HDMI and also have a optical out...

why the fuck these things aren't thought about when it was designed blows my mind.

It was thought out. You're supposed to go buy the official $30 cable.

cokezeroholic

This doesn't really matter if you're on seperate tv inputs for all your thing right?

Cloud 69

The best my 360 can do is VGA

Still, VGA > component

But for those wondering about HDMI audio I noticed this with my PS3. Most TVs will not pass the multi-channel audio from HDMI out the optical port on the TV. If you want full real multi-channel audio from your 360 it'll need a direct connection to the receiver either via optical or HDMI.

HDMI into the back of the TV will only give you stereo out the optical port on the TV.

[H]ard|On
tell me i is retarded and i will just potato

Eh I mean it's an awesome fix for someone in your situation but I never had any problems using a receiver

eddiewilpan

um ok i cut the black wire and its still restarting wtf im about to just go buy that 50 doller cable dam

eddiewilpan

is there somthing im forgetting to do?

uRizen

Some TVs have a HDMI keep-alive function that will stop the 360 from rebooting. I know this works with my Toshiba LCD as long as I don't switch to a different HDMI input. Good find on the loop cut though.

Edo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeandross View Post
i did the same thing a while ago but i didnt need to cut that wire thing. all i did was rip the plastic casing off and got a rca to 3.5mm adapter and hdmi to dvi converter and plugged it in to my monitor.

Pretty much the same but plugged it into my tv