General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

I wonder how shadow of pripyat is gonna be? Will it be another bug fest? I sure hope not

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

-espionage-

oblivion lost looks like its for the original stalker only :[

Vengeance
Stricken with yellow fevah!

i'm replaying through stalker SOC with "stalker complete 2009" mod. basically just a compilation of most of the best standalone mods, graphical and otherwise.

haven't played CS yet, but hoping to before COP comes out

stalker.filefront.com for all of your SOC and CS modding needs

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

IL 86 modded for accuracy and to use AK47 ammo and headshot your way through the entire game. Also, Dragunov from Freedom, mod the shit out of it. Another awesome weapon for headshotting the shit out of those Duty/Monolith s from 300 yards. Silenced .45 ACP pistol for quick stealth kills. You can get Dragunov ammo from traders and you should never run out if you are half decent at aiming for the head. Sidestep the Snorks and stab them, as well as Bloodsuckers and you should never get hit. Made the game a little too easy. The last fight area and ending were pretty in Clear Sky.

Stay the fuck away from the Vintar sniper rifle - it is a flaming heap of shit with way too much of a bullet curve.

Can't wait for the third one to come out.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

For SoC, the Complete mod is really good. I like the real weapon names, no head bob, amazing updated graphics, etc.

Gonna try out LURK mod in a few days too!

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

Casper
The Friendly Negro

I don't know why this thread was bumped, but it kinda made me interested in the game. Sadly, my first experience was enough to make me never play again.

I booted up the game, crawled through the extremely boring intro. Finally I get a gun and I'm supposed to defend some outpost, I shoot these mole things twice then the whole world explodes and I wake up in a bed again....

Then I talk to some guy and he tells me he is gonna give me the contents of some case, I agree then find out I have to pay. Whatever I'll give it a go. He says he will give me coordinates on my map, I look on my map and they are not there. Frustrated I move on.

Finally I think I'm getting to something good, I'm supposed to assault some other outpost. I begin to approach an outpost so I go to pull out my weapon. Oh no! My weapon won't equip? What the deuce? (Before you ask, I had equipped a weapon previously, so I know how to do it) After trying everything, I am now being shot at. Figuring it was another uncontrollable circumstance to be explained later (like the giant explosion in the middle of my "combat training") I try and run past them only to promptly die. Oh well, maybe it was just a glitch. I go to load my last save, oh wait. I don't have a last save. What was all that auto saving it was doing? NO IDEA. Oh well, fuck this game. Buggy piece of crap.

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

I've been playing LURK mod for SoC. Pretty good, except for the regular CtD. Haven't seen half of the weapons that are suppose to appear in the game, no P90 or FN2000 or anything. Running around with a HK G36, a grenade launcher and some fancy rail gun pwning shit though! Not to mention I'm in Pripyat and every time I go to save, I CtD.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

vegzor

the fn2000 in stalker complete 2009 was a major disappointment

I got it from a stash right as you enter red forest, before the scorcher can buttrape you

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegzor View Post
the fn2000 in stalker complete 2009 was a major disappointment

I got it from a stash right as you enter red forest, before the scorcher can buttrape you

Yeah. I found that too and loved the shit out of it. 2-3 shots to the chest with AP rounds and shit would just fall over.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I don't know why this thread was bumped, but it kinda made me interested in the game. Sadly, my first experience was enough to make me never play again.

I booted up the game, crawled through the extremely boring intro. Finally I get a gun and I'm supposed to defend some outpost, I shoot these mole things twice then the whole world explodes and I wake up in a bed again....

Then I talk to some guy and he tells me he is gonna give me the contents of some case, I agree then find out I have to pay. Whatever I'll give it a go. He says he will give me coordinates on my map, I look on my map and they are not there. Frustrated I move on.

Finally I think I'm getting to something good, I'm supposed to assault some other outpost. I begin to approach an outpost so I go to pull out my weapon. Oh no! My weapon won't equip? What the deuce? (Before you ask, I had equipped a weapon previously, so I know how to do it) After trying everything, I am now being shot at. Figuring it was another uncontrollable circumstance to be explained later (like the giant explosion in the middle of my "combat training") I try and run past them only to promptly die. Oh well, maybe it was just a glitch. I go to load my last save, oh wait. I don't have a last save. What was all that auto saving it was doing? NO IDEA. Oh well, fuck this game. Buggy piece of crap.

Go back to your dumbed down Xbox games ass

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

dirulove

LURK is a great mod. It adds to atmosphere of STALKER Complete and a ton of stuff that the super mod pack had. It feels a little arcadey though even on the hardest difficulty with this new ninja as fuck stealth.

Caelum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
I booted up the game, crawled through the extremely boring intro. Finally I get a gun and I'm supposed to defend some outpost, I shoot these mole things twice then the whole world explodes and I wake up in a bed again....Figuring it was another uncontrollable circumstance to be explained later (like the giant explosion in the middle of my "combat training")

This is a scripted event. It happens every fucking time you load up a new game.

Back on topic I loaded Oblivion Lost 2.2 into my SOC and it FUCKING SUCKS. It is so gay looking and just retarded. No stamina bar? Fuck you thats part of the challenge. But 1.3 is still available for download so if anyone wants a OL for SOC, dont get 2.2 get 1.3. WOOOORLDS better.

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

Yeah OL is kinda I found a P90 in Agroprom and of course, thereis NO FUCKING AMMO FOR IT ANYWHERE. Not until you come back from Dark Valley at least. So I got the shits with it, edited Barkeeps files to make him sell it. My Seva suit goes to shit so fast and is expensive as fuck to repair. Not to mention artifacts and guns you get from people sell for shit, mainly because most of them are in awful condition, even the crack military forces ones.

Pretty mod.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

-espionage-

hrm i installed that oblivion lost mod, played for a while.. started bleeding... no fucking bandaids everywhere, and once you get to 1/4 health instead of running super speed you stall to a turtles pace and the screen starts shaking uncontrollably..

maybe ill try LURK next :/

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by -espionage- View Post
hrm i installed that oblivion lost mod, played for a while.. started bleeding... no fucking bandaids everywhere, and once you get to 1/4 health instead of running super speed you stall to a turtles pace and the screen starts shaking uncontrollably..

maybe ill try LURK next :/

I didn't like OL very much at all. Wasn't anything real exciting for my 7th play through. Stalker Complete all the way.

ALSO, anyone got anything good to say about Call of Pripyat?

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k