General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
Sadly I dont think my computer will be able to handle this very well. I need to upgrade so badly. How scalable are the graphics?

The unreal 3 engine is one of the most scalable out there.

I'm deployed to kuwait so my gaming computer is at home. I'm playing this game on a Sony Vaio and it runs great.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Renork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roam View Post
The unreal 3 engine is one of the most scalable out there.

I'm deployed to kuwait so my gaming computer is at home. I'm playing this game on a Sony Vaio and it runs great.

Mmmm awesome. Hopefully I will see you all in game sometime soon.

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
the problem with something like that is I have no idea where anyone else is and my spacial relation to them, let alone how to find them once I know where we are.

That being said, there's some sort of mining/industrial town that I found that reminds me of Silent Hill, it doesn't look like it's heavily traversed, so it might be good for mining.

I'll post the map again.

http://mortalwiki.org/wiki/Myrland_Map

Morin Khur is where you will find alot of people. The lake and rivers help a great deal in navigating the world.

Also anyone who is looking to get into crafting somewhat quicker, MK has a ton of crafting appliances... Toxia can be your starter city, then its a 10-15 min run to MK. Its kinda hard to find grinders and hearths, so MK has tons.

Right now, some of the starter cities are retarded, no one is in them really. Also the NPCs right now are pretty much all placeholders.

South of MK is where horses are.. I circled below on the picture. Thats also where a decent player made outpost is. I dont know if they have their gates up yet, last time I was there they didnt. Nice guys there though, they wont kill you just for walking into their city. Around their spot you will find rabbits, boars, and deer. Which you need to skill up taming. Look at the noob guide as it explains some of it. http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/2...let-noobs.html
When taming stuff you should do rabbits, boars and deer... in that order. Rabbits to 10, boards to 20, deer to 40... if I remember right.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

is the game any good?

Necrosprite

Jesus, 8 hours left on the download. I'll be on tomorrow morning.

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

servers down right now FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU ive been waiting for 6 months to play this beta

x3r0n
Seppukakke?

i can't even get past the character creation screen... it won't enter the world.

Codesage

Gonna download the beta and try it out tomorrow. Kinda worried about what I'm getting myself into.

Electrikfuzz050

It's been ridiculously laggy since the open beta started, it takes like 10 seconds to draw your weapon or swing it.

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrikfuzz050 View Post
It's been ridiculously laggy since the open beta started, it takes like 10 seconds to draw your weapon or swing it.

Ya lag is still an issue right now. Servers seems to be down as of the time I'm posting this.

Once lag is gone though, you will notice it takes time to draw your weapon and swing it. I mentioned before that you start out the game as a totally useless character. Swinging your weapon gets quicker, uses less stamina, etc.

Basically if you think that one of your actions is slow and shitty... thats because your skills in doing that are low. It makes sense though, because a crafting character will not want points wasted on melee skills or running endurance.

Which is something important, locking skills. If you wanna craft, but not be limited to a few high level crafts... then its a good idea to lock out skills like running and jumping. You will find that anything movement related will max out REALLY fast after a day or two of playing. My first character already is down to 55 skill points out of 1000. Most are used for movement, harvesting and animal taming/control. So in a way its just a useless character... although that skill layout is great if you just wanna sell horses and move shit fast. Ive already out ran some PKers due to having maxed endurance and what not.

An idea combat character though would lock out any animal stuff and buy their mount, or transfer it with guild help because taming skills would be a huge waste. You would also want to lock out harvesting and crafting... even though just not doing that stuff would mean the same thing. Some stuff in movement would be locked out too, because some of them dont do much after a certain point.

Basically what I'm saying is that you can have an EXTREMELY unique character, but only master a few things while still being efficient.

Roam

For those who havent seen "good" videos of this game yet... here is one.
Other than the parts that they speed up, this is what the games mechanics can do when lag isnt involved. Also the horse mechanics are shown off very well in the video. At the start it shows her healing the horse some, and she even loots a house plan off the guy which is a pretty big loss for him.

The biggest thing you will notice though is how different their character seems to control when compared to starting out. Good example of how big the stats impact things in this game.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And before Stiler or someone says it... Mount and Blade type combat...

x3r0n
Seppukakke?

yeah all day i've been trying to get past the last part of the character creation where is asks you where to start and clicking save or enter world doesn't do shit.

chuckybob
Mario raped Peach in her fuzzy spot while twisting and twirling his mustache sexylike

servers are back up

i started exploring

on the far left in the second picture is the tallest peak ive found so far. i started from sea level about 3 hours ago. theres another peak in the background, under the dark clouds. im not sure, but i think that one may be taller. ill have to get a closer look tomorrow.

the terrain looks really rough in all the pictures, but when youre playing, you dont notice it at all. your eye really gets drawn to the background detail and where youre headed next.

also, if you see a naked guy with an axe running around, dont kill him. dont ask me how i know.

Last edited by chuckybob; 02-02-2010 at 03:11 AM..

Roam

Those pics look good.

For an MMO it looks really good. Other than lag from the stress test, the actual engine runs great for me. Most MMOs dont have vast open areas that look that good IMO.

In that second shot you are sorta near a player made outpost... if you head left of where you are facing while following the mountain. Eventually you will get to some boars and the outpost. Watch out for the bigger boars... they will fuck you up solo. Alot of people follow that river there to help with directions, but alot of PKs will follow up and down it too.

If you are near a PK and they dont have archery... water can save you because chances are they cant command their horse yet. To cross water without a bridge you currently have to tell the horse to follow you across.

chuckybob

its worth noting that those were taken on a single X1950, and thats how the game looks at default settings (which if i heard right are locked to the lowest for the open beta)