General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooK View Post
I did all of the bosses solo, so it's possible. However, NG+ the huge dragon god/lord/etc., forget it. He one hitted a level 300 (at least) who was with me, guy was a tank too. Must have had an insane amount of vitality. The fake king was easy too,  poison cloud or death cloud every 5 minutes and wait 40 minutes for death, lulz;  never seen him actually fight.

Ya ive used the poison cloud spell alot. So boring though. I beat him in a few mins after getting all his patterns down... but even then he can get a lucky hit when you are low on endurance and then follow up with a combo that will destroy you.

Dragon god does hit pretty hard... a quick weapon makes it easy though, because he only hits at certain times after you run from cover to cover, so the fast weapon takes out the stuff in the way faster. And of course once you have him down from the ballista, you can be as cautious as you want with hitting his horn and not getting flamed.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

sir tex

I love the old monk fight. I had some guy that rapid spammed fist attacks, did nothing but circle strafe and try for backstabs, and ran away when he took some damage to heal. We fought for something like ten minutes, took me five minutes alone to poison him with my rapier. Then he started pressing hard on me, almost got me dead. I get him at just above 1/3 health, and right when he's in my face trying to attack me I quickly whip out my wand and firestormed his ass and owned him in one shot. Bet he didn't see that coming

MooK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir tex View Post
I love the old monk fight. I had some guy that rapid spammed fist attacks, did nothing but circle strafe and try for backstabs, and ran away when he took some damage to heal. We fought for something like ten minutes, took me five minutes alone to poison him with my rapier. Then he started pressing hard on me, almost got me dead. I get him at just above 1/3 health, and right when he's in my face trying to attack me I quickly whip out my wand and firestormed his ass and owned him in one shot. Bet he didn't see that coming

I wasn't connected to the internets when I beat the old monk. Though I played a few times as the old monk and the other players usually dropped out.

lonedawg
Stiler

Is there some reason I can't get my late moon grass t o appear in teh quick slot? I have no other lower ones left (half, etc) and like 60 full moon, but I can't get them to show up in my quick slot...

sir tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Is there some reason I can't get my late moon grass t o appear in teh quick slot? I have no other lower ones left (half, etc) and like 60 full moon, but I can't get them to show up in my quick slot...

Did you add it there? Quick slot spots are in the same menu as equipment.

KrEy0nZ

I just lost my PS3 back to my brother. and hes moving to LA. Sooo i called up gamestop and asked them for the trade in value for the game... and it's 18$ FUCk you gamestop. seriously. Now i'm stuck with a copy, and nobody to buy it from me.

0fd1f70d8a1b329cf462d13863230f77

lonedawg
Stiler

Ebay, the forums, etc.

You can easily get 45'ish or more for it.

Abazaba

So hard!

arimanius

Finally able to find a copy of this Saturday. I'm now on the boss of 1-2 and getting my ass handed to me.

Besides the occasional slow downs I love this game. I hope they release more copies soon so everyone can pick this up.

Abazaba

Sorry if I missed the 1-1 2-2 etc explanation, but does that go clockwise around?

I just played 2-1 and had a player join my game. It was pretty bad ass having someone to watch my back and help kill the armored spider. Loving this game.

arimanius

Is it feasible to make a character that primary uses a 2 handed sword and wears light armor? So I guess a thief(Str, Dex, Health) like character that carries a big stick?

Or would that just be suicide and just go the full Knight or full thief route?

lonedawg
Stiler

I'm wondering if you up endurance does it ever make the larger weapons/armour move lighter?

Using a steel shield and the bash is so terribly slow looking and feeling I kind of want to stick with smaller shields for the parry.

Also when using two handers (swords/axes) is there a point with endurane that it'll be faster/lighter feeling or do they always have the non-realistic weight attached to them? It looks silly seeing my guy lobbing a claymore or such around as though it weighs 20 pounds or more (in reality swords are generally light, most smaller ones at 1-3 pounds and larger ones 3-5'ish pounds).

It just bugs me a bit, since I know how armour and such would work it's like the developers didn't bother to really research the things and just went with the myths and stereotype route.

Roam

Quote:
Originally Posted by arimanius View Post

Or would that just be suicide and just go the full Knight or full thief route?

There is no going "full" anything... you will want of mix of abilities after a while.

Quote:
I'm wondering if you up endurance does it ever make the larger weapons/armour move lighter?

Using a steel shield and the bash is so terribly slow looking and feeling I kind of want to stick with smaller shields for the parry.

Bash/Parry is pretty useless later on. If you go with high endurance then you will use large shields, if you go with lighter armor quicker movement, then you will use small shields. The only thing that matters really on a shield is what damages it protects against. The dark silver shield (small) is the only with 100% magic defense. Large Brushwood has 100% fire defense. Tower shield has the best overall with 60 magic, 90 fire. A fully upgraded Adjucators would have decent health regen if you didnt get hit to often since its physical isnt 100%.

Essentially though you use different stuff for different fights. Obviously brushwood shield would be the smarter choice vs flamelurker. But dark silver would be smart against false king or something.

As far as bash/parry goes... with high endurance parry is useless because blocking will stagger people as well and wont draing much stamina. Bash I use every now and then when I'm in a tight spot and something has a sliver of life left, because its quicker and safer than lobbing my greatsword around with 1 hand.

ChaosPhoenix

Finally beat my first playthrough last night with my thief. Got through 1-1 in NG+ fairly easily.

Trying to decide if I should keep leveling my thief (who has a ton of dex/end, but little magic/faith/strength) or start a new guy. I'm so used to constantly rolling to avoid damage, I'm not sure how I'll adapt to a character in heavy armor who can't really roll as quickly.

MooK

Quote:
It just bugs me a bit, since I know how armour and such would work it's like the developers didn't bother to really research the things and just went with the myths and stereotype route.

It's a fantasy game. Have you seen the size of some of these weapons? There's an axe that is as big as my character. Or the meat cleaver? I haven't really noticed the animations mid combat. That being said, I tend to go for lighter weapons simply because I have more time to react.

Meat cleaver:

Got that from some google search.