General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ZB
 
I had sort of a mixed bag on my second fit test, but with what I see as some promising results.

Switch Kicks: 92 -> 88
Power Jacks: 37 -> 40
Power Knees: 60 -> 84
Power Jumps: 33 -> 30
Globe Jumps: 8 -> 8
Suicide Jumps: 10 -> 10
Push-up Jacks: 11 -> 16
Low Plank Oblique: 30 -> 49

In the first week the Power Jacks and especially the Power Jumps destroyed me (230lbs to start so it's a lot of weight up and down heh). My Globe's and Suicide's stayed the same, but unlike the first week where I stayed winded, I think I really recovered strong and saw huge increases in the last two. Ditto Power Knees after the Jacks.
Old 07-05-2010, 10:45 AM ZB is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Night Black
 
I saw this forum post and figured I might as well use the rest of my summer to get into shape. Did my fit test:

Switch Kicks: 70
Power Jacks: 46
Power Knees: 70
Power Jumps: 39
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 16
Push-Up Jacks: 25
Low Plank Oblique: 60

I'm not the type to swear much... yet by the third test I ran out of expletives in English and started yelling in French. Definitely felt like throwing up at the end, and it'll be interesting to see the results after sixty days.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:25 PM Night Black is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

hider
 
hider's Avatar
 
I'm heading off to freshman year at college soon and I was just looking over a workout program like this over the weekend. I'm still getting P90X (uncompressed ISO's take forever to dl via DSL) but I'll look into this as well.

Right now I'm only missing the pull up bar. I'm 6' 0" and consider myself overweight (183 lbs), but physically I look skinny with clothes on. Most of the weight (FAT) are on my thighs, hips, chest. I used to be really in shape on the swim and tennis team in high school until 10th grade. I gained 30 lbs easily the summer after 10th grade (got lazy, quit all sports, stopped gym membership, and studied too much).

Is the P90/P90X better for me than Insanity? It seems like Insanity is more for cardio and I'm mostly interested in getting some meat in my skinny arms. I also will make use of my gym membership at college.

sorry to detract but I felt like this post didn't warrant a new thread
__________________
2002 Subaru Impreza WRX

Last edited by hider; 07-06-2010 at 06:55 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 06:16 AM hider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

fapling
 
fapling's Avatar
 
irongym pull up bar - provided your door frame has a decent molding, no installation to speak of (you put it together then bangslide a little metal thing behind the moulding, put the pullup bar on there (it's just a safety catch, doesn't bear weight normally) and hit it).

it's like $30


i have no idea whether p90 or insanity is better for your goals. but if you're trying to build strength, it's hard to go wrong with Starting Strength: http://startingstrength.wikia.com/wi..._Strength_Wiki

there are also other options, such as gymnastics training: http://gymnasticbodies.com/index.php...icles&Itemid=3
and
http://www.dragondoor.com/articler/mode3/36/

whatever you decide, see http://www.acaloriecounter.com/building-muscle.php#six for a one-stop explanation of why, what, and how to build muscle.
__________________
22a1a861cae401edef80f78cd549ab4d [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:09 AM fapling is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Black View Post
I saw this forum post and figured I might as well use the rest of my summer to get into shape. Did my fit test:

Switch Kicks: 70
Power Jacks: 46
Power Knees: 70
Power Jumps: 39
Globe Jumps: 7
Suicide Jumps: 16
Push-Up Jacks: 25
Low Plank Oblique: 60

I'm not the type to swear much... yet by the third test I ran out of expletives in English and started yelling in French. Definitely felt like throwing up at the end, and it'll be interesting to see the results after sixty days.

I still swear at them

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZB View Post
I had sort of a mixed bag on my second fit test, but with what I see as some promising results.

Switch Kicks: 92 -> 88
Power Jacks: 37 -> 40
Power Knees: 60 -> 84
Power Jumps: 33 -> 30
Globe Jumps: 8 -> 8
Suicide Jumps: 10 -> 10
Push-up Jacks: 11 -> 16
Low Plank Oblique: 30 -> 49

In the first week the Power Jacks and especially the Power Jumps destroyed me (230lbs to start so it's a lot of weight up and down heh). My Globe's and Suicide's stayed the same, but unlike the first week where I stayed winded, I think I really recovered strong and saw huge increases in the last two. Ditto Power Knees after the Jacks.

Nice man, keep it up! I weigh 220, so I know how carrying a lot of weight feels!
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 AM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

weaves
 
Anyone have the torrents for the vids/ nutrition guide?
Old 07-06-2010, 01:05 PM weaves is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

ZB
 
So can someone tell me about the Results & Recovery Forumla? Is it just supposed to help with muscle soreness, or can it help keep my energy levels up as well?
Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM ZB is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

busychild
 
this workout program really interests me. i just have some questions should i use this to replace my current program or use in conjunction? i typically lift weights 5 days a week. typically focusing on one body part once a week. as well im pretty active, play flag football, and 2-3 slo pitch games a week.

so going on this would i cut stuff down? like gym time?
Old 07-09-2010, 08:27 AM busychild is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by busychild View Post
this workout program really interests me. i just have some questions should i use this to replace my current program or use in conjunction? i typically lift weights 5 days a week. typically focusing on one body part once a week. as well im pretty active, play flag football, and 2-3 slo pitch games a week.

so going on this would i cut stuff down? like gym time?

Unless you're a body builder, your 5-day a week lifting regimen is probably pretty inefficient. Replacing this program with your weight lifting for 60 days would probably be a welcome change.
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 07-09-2010, 09:20 AM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
Unless you're a body builder, your 5-day a week lifting regimen is probably pretty inefficient. Replacing this program with your weight lifting for 60 days would probably be a welcome change.

What do you mean inefficient? Is that a general comment about lifting regimes?
__________________
TheMorlock: "i have a 140+ IQ"

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha
Old 07-09-2010, 10:10 AM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

OneWhoKnows
(Morbo)
 
OneWhoKnows's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
What do you mean inefficient? Is that a general comment about lifting regimes?

That means if he's spending 5 days a week doing something like

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Arms
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders

It's not efficient compared to doing compound exercises 3 days a week.
__________________
Intarweb married to [H]ustler 12/08/03
OWK of Team OWK
Gen[M]ay Motorcyclist 2004 YZF-R1 / 2006 YZF-R6
Rang3find3r: "I am VERY proud of my victory over touareg, because shit, what the fuck else do I have to be proud of?"
Old 07-09-2010, 10:46 AM OneWhoKnows is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWhoKnows View Post
That means if he's spending 5 days a week doing something like

Day 1: Chest
Day 2: Back
Day 3: Arms
Day 4: Legs
Day 5: Shoulders

It's not efficient compared to doing compound exercises 3 days a week.

Ah, that makes sense. Compound exercises for the win!
__________________
TheMorlock: "i have a 140+ IQ"

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha
Old 07-09-2010, 12:30 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

ZB
 
Finished my first month yesterday. I went to the gym for the first time in that month so I could both weigh myself on their scale and take a run on the treadmill and get an accurate distance.

I lost 5lbs over the month, and my run was 33% longer (in the same time frame) than the last few runs I did before I started my month. 5lbs in and of itself is not much, but importantly I feel fitter and I look a lot fitter. It makes me wonder what fat weight I lost that was replaced with core muscle. I would've lost a lot more had I been more diligent with the dieting, but I'm a food monster.

I'm looking forward to stepping things up for the second month.
Old 07-18-2010, 10:19 AM ZB is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

fapling
 
fapling's Avatar
 
good stuff, keep it coming
__________________
22a1a861cae401edef80f78cd549ab4d [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 07-18-2010, 12:36 PM fapling is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Night Black
 
I did a week and a half, then after taking a break realized it'd be better to just redo week two as I missed way too much of it. Not short of breath anymore, down three to five pounds.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:29 PM Night Black is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:58 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.