General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

ritalinjoe

Can't very well drive it to the auto parts store without the alternator or supercharger turning. We'd make it half way before the battery died. Unless I'm not understanding what you are saying.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asa View Post
Measuring like that should work for you. How much it's off depends on the diameter of and number of pulleys within the system.
At most it should be within an inch or two, but if you have to custom order the belt then cut up an old belt and wrap pieces of it around the pulleys to get an outside measurement for the belt

It gave measurements in the installation guide, but he's using different sized billetflow idlers and we haven't decided which S/C pulley to use yet so I think the measurements in the guide are worthless, unless we can take the difference with all the stock parts and apply it to the size pulley we had on there now. But that still won't account for upping the size of the s/c pulley since using the 3" that's on there now will result in about 22-23 lbs of boost. That's a bit too much. He wants to keep it around 19-20.

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
you sumvabitch we want to see your broken Ford

I've got some pics, none of the Metco lower pulley install though. It really is a beautifully machined piece though. Almost as nice as his FORE fuel hat.

I'll post them later, currently trying to figure out what to do with the belt. I think he's going to pick up 3 different sizes at NAPA on his way home from work. I went over there to measure, but I have no idea the belt routing, plus the tensioner has to be in a certain position, which requires 2 people.

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
smoking a cigar ?

Is this code for "blowing some BBC"??

big black cock, you stupid tchebby fanbois!! No jizzfaps for you in this thread! 

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

~~~ ~~~ Tea[m] Pyratex ~~~ ~~~

Tex Arcana
I am a mean disrespectful person hiding anonymously and need an attitude adjustment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
^Well, I'm sold. Where do I buy this fantastic product?

In your thread, you dummy!

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call destiny.
--John Hobbs

ritalinjoe

Found a belt that fit with the stock 3.5" Whipple pulley. He bought 3 belts and fortunately the smallest and cheapest worked. 81.5" Gates. With the 3.5" hopefully we'll get around the same amount of boost as before, which was 19-20lbs. Also fixed one of the upper radiator hoses that had a split in it, probably from us moving it around so much when doing work on it. It wasn't enough of a hole to leak when the car was running, but if you moved the hose, it would spurt coolant from a small pin sized hole. Got shot in the face with coolant a few times when we pushed the radiator fan up to install the new lower pulley.

Unfortunately It's going to be raining for the next 2-3 days so we won't be able to get accurate boost numbers. Too bad too, because it's like 45 degrees outside, the colder air the better.

Last edited by ritalinjoe; 10-28-2011 at 12:59 PM..

ritalinjoe

No belt slip, even when he's not using the RR no slip pulley. I guess we got the right belt.

With the 3.5" upper pulley, it's hitting around 19lbs, maybe a little more. It's hard to keep your eye on the boost gauge when yer going 140mph down a rural road.

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritalinjoe View Post
No belt slip, even when he's not using the RR no slip pulley. I guess we got the right belt.

With the 3.5" upper pulley, it's hitting around 19lbs, maybe a little more. It's hard to keep your eye on the boost gauge when yer going 140mph down a rural road.

(or vids) or ...

--John Hobbs

M-Unit
Master-B and is gay lover Jumbypunk = OWNED.

make with the pics already!

sounds fun

"All messages posted become the property of General Mayhem, LLC."

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

I will never, ever, in a million fucking years buy anything made by """tipard""""

in fact I'm going to go pirate it, burn 100 copies and leave them at the library

ritalinjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-Unit View Post
make with the pics already!

sounds fun

What do you want to see? I've got so many photos of the mods we've done to this car, Whipple, Clutch, Kooks long tube headers, Boss 5.0 block, Livernois stage 2 heads,

Some of them were lost when both my laptop and desktop took a shit, but I still have probably 200 at disposal.

What do you want to see?

Tex Arcana

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
I will never, ever, in a million fucking years buy anything made by """tipard""""

in fact I'm going to go pirate it, burn 100 copies and leave them at the library

--John Hobbs