General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

x3r0n
Seppukakke?

darkfall... sadface

So i've put in about 8 hours or so... I don't think I can take much more of this game. I really want to like it, I just can't seem to get a grasp of how this game is supposed to be played.

I can't find any sort of intro into the game, you're just kinda thrown in and sent on a goblin quest, it takes forever to travel anywhere, kind of a grind, and nobody is really helpful. I had hopes of it being like UO in a way, but I guess not.

Any tips on this game before I can it and cry over my lost 49.95? I don't want to bail on darkfall this quick but I don't know how to have fun with it

Edit: I'm thinking part of the reason is because I have no guild and I can't find shit to kill, besides the goblins. I dunno.

Last edited by x3r0n; 01-31-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

dxmzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3r0n View Post
I can't find any sort of intro into the game, you're just kinda thrown in and sent on a goblin quest, it takes forever to travel anywhere, kind of a grind, and nobody is really helpful. I had hopes of it being like UO in a way, but I guess not.

I don't know when you started playing UO, but that's exactly how the game started off. You spawned in a town with no direction, which means you can practically do whatever you wanted. I remember spending the first few days of UO stealing starter gold from newbies in Yew Abbey . Darkfall is the same thing, there will be no hand holding and you DEFINITELY should find a guild if you want people to help you.

My advice? Start training up your archery and light magic by killing goblins then move up to skeletons at a graveyard until you find a good guild, then let the macro'n begin!

x3r0n
Seppukakke?

i started during t2a. it just seemed that it was easier because you were in a city that didn't take an hour to run through, easy to find npcs, and other people.

MooK

When it comes to MMOs, if you can't get into it, trying to push yourself isn't going to help. In my experience, a guild can offer a great deal of companionship, but if the game itself is unbelievably difficult to grasp, it's not going to be something worth spending an enormous amount of time on even with a great guild.

Phil Taylor
I'll be back

it's the latest AOC... years of hype, massive letdown.

nigga, you just made me click "go advanced"...

alexvaloo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDgGgunLhmA

eventually join a clan, if u want u can join NEW, stay in started towns to start (towers protect u)

there will be a 15 day free trial opening soon

zumpiez5
Lasko
<3 yuor sekrat admirer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvaloo View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDgGgunLhmA

eventually join a clan, if u want u can join NEW, stay in started towns to start (towers protect u)

there will be a 15 day free trial opening soon

This. Also, you WILL get ganked a lot more in noob areas then anywhere else. Why? because people are douches and want easy wins, so they head for noob areas to 3 shot you.

My tips:

Don't take anything you dont want to lose. I normally just take one 2h weapon, bow, wand, basic set of armor(sometimes nothing) and a few(20) arrows to start off.

If you get ganked, take a break and do crafting or gather a bit. I normally will grab a book to read while I chop a tree for a few minutes.

Kill things that are EASY to take down, and drop weapons/arrows/reagents you will use to kill them. This one in particular is the most important because if you farm 200 arrows and use 180 to kill, then if you get ganked, you only lose a bit and still have a huge skill gain.

alexvaloo

zumpie, whats ur name ingame

Liquid_Table
Waiting for that fateful day of bannage, c'mon Kyle be a man and push the button you big fairy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor View Post
it's the latest AOC... years of hype, massive letdown.

God, AOC was such a piece of shit. I have never felt worse about losing $50.

MooK

I want my money back from AoC.