General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

cokezeroholic

Well done, not just put Ninja Turtles on it and you're good to go.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

3nk1du

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
Well done, now just put Sunset Riders on it and you're good to go.
fixt

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.

single player arcade unit?

jonnydooluvsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3nk1du View Post
fixt

+ XMEN

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by growler View Post
single player arcade unit?

Better than what I got.

Simpsons FTW!

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch

Nice! I collected all 900GB of the Hyperspin Project this past weekend. I have all US releases of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PSX, Gamecube, as well as every US MAME ROM. I am currently in the process of collecting the PS2 redump project but need another 2TB drive.

I am most likely going to build a mini-ITX case and keep it in my living room with wireless game pads.

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Static Vision View Post
Nice! I collected all 900GB of the Hyperspin Project this past weekend. I have all US releases of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PSX, Gamecube, as well as every US MAME ROM. *snip*

Link?

Bill

Quote:
Nice! I collected all 900GB of the Hyperspin Project this past weekend. I have all US releases of NES, SNES, Genesis, Saturn, N64, Dreamcast, PSX, Gamecube, as well as every US MAME ROM. I am currently in the process of collecting the PS2 redump project but need another 2TB drive.

Dazz
Dazz 4 Games Forum Mod

Quote:

I am most likely going to build a mini-ITX case and keep it in my living room with wireless game pads.

That HyperSpin project is something that we are extremely against and was unauthorized. UG refuses to remove the listing even though people have been coming to us that are having problems with it. If you download this pack and have problems with it; don't come to us crying if its not working.

branno

About how much would it cost to put together a 2-player MAME cabinet?

Static Vision
...and that's the way we all became the brady bunch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazz View Post

That HyperSpin project is something that we are extremely against and was unauthorized. UG refuses to remove the listing even though people have been coming to us that are having problems with it. If you download this pack and have problems with it; don't come to us crying if its not working.

What is so awful about the UG Hyperspin Project? From what I have gathered they just put together all the frontend, artwork, menus, emulators, and roms together in nice packages for download.

I am already registered on the Hyperspin boards so I will def be crying there when it comes time to configure all this properly. In the mean time I need to sort out what hardware specifications I will need to achieve maximum performance in Saturn/PSX/Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2 emulation.

Dazz
Dazz 4 Games Forum Mod

Quote:
What is so awful about the UG Hyperspin Project? From what I have gathered they just put together all the frontend, artwork, menus, emulators, and roms together in nice packages for download.

I am already registered on the Hyperspin boards so I will def be crying there when it comes time to configure all this properly. In the mean time I need to sort out what hardware specifications I will need to achieve maximum performance in Saturn/PSX/Dreamcast/Gamecube/PS2 emulation.
Well, we've already had 2 reports of viruses contained in the "HyperSpin Project" torrent. Another stating that he's having all kinds of problems with HQ crashing and HS not responding. Not sure if that was related to the torrent, but he downloaded the official build and it worked fine.

As far as specs... If you want to run HyperSpin with all features turned on. You will want at least a dual core machine with min. 2gb ram. That would work perfectly fine for Saturn - Gamecube. I've not looked into PS2 emulation, but last I heard most games run like crap on a nicely specc'd setup.

uRizen

Finished this project a few weeks ago, had to post after Jas updated his thread.

I did a little video too so you can see how awesome HyperSpin is once you get all the assets in place.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

chronage

Nice, good job

Pigs
this broccolis is sufficient

wow dude, looks really nice