General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
x3r0n
Seppukakke?
 
x3r0n's Avatar
 
Medal of Honor Open Beta - Steam

Steam just announced to me that the open beta is up and let me start downloading it. Apparently free play until October 7th, so get on and check it out! Not sure if my computer will run it great or not, but I hope so
__________________
b7be174bbf3cc618ea2351f934a44f91
Old 10-04-2010, 02:18 PM x3r0n is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

.akai
Veteran of the Games Forum Mod Wars
 
.akai's Avatar
 
I've been playing it on and off today. I personally think it's a great game.

People keep bitching about gameplay issues. It's a beta, probably an older release than what they have now, since this is for stress testing. Fags also keep comparing it to MW2 and BC2, its not either of those game, so obviously its going to be different.

Shit we all know every war game that comes out nowadays is a cookie cutter, so why bitch anyway.

I still plan on buying it regardless. If you pre-order on steam you get a Battlefield 3 beta key and some other shit, so why not.

also:

Last edited by .akai; 10-04-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Old 10-04-2010, 03:59 PM .akai is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

growler
Since I continuously bitch when The Queen posts, she is my new av.
 
growler's Avatar
 
I didn't mind the beta that they released after E3 but everyone else seemed to hate it

I'm in the middle of downloading the new beta to check out if anything has changed
__________________
<----popnfresh
http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/assholecrew974.jpg
Old 10-04-2010, 04:11 PM growler is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Drizzt
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
sweet thanks for the heads up, downloading now, got to love steam 2.2 MB/s
__________________
MBON|gHub|LbYpavflKJ
59fce89076a3d2f5851e8c291f40e708

"Do not be afraid of the darkness, be afraid of what it hides"

- Drizzt Do'Urden

d53f78fef409408e2230f13db8ca19bb [pornmay.com]

b93149b95e0d7e32a815b7ae4e95c3d6
Old 10-04-2010, 05:53 PM Drizzt is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Drizzt
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
holy crap, done it already.
__________________
MBON|gHub|LbYpavflKJ
59fce89076a3d2f5851e8c291f40e708

"Do not be afraid of the darkness, be afraid of what it hides"

- Drizzt Do'Urden

d53f78fef409408e2230f13db8ca19bb [pornmay.com]

b93149b95e0d7e32a815b7ae4e95c3d6
Old 10-04-2010, 06:10 PM Drizzt is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

lonedawg
Stiler
 
lonedawg's Avatar
 
Beta that I played just wasn't that fun IMO.

The game fits the definition of "generic" to a T.

It simply offers nothing new or different in the world of multiplalyer FPS games these days (CoD/Battlefield) and infact even takes a step back with no environmental destruction (unless it's been added since I played).

Overall to me the game felt like it's about 5 years too late to the scene.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:33 PM lonedawg is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

sir tex
 
sir tex's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
Beta that I played just wasn't that fun IMO.

The game fits the definition of "generic" to a T.

It simply offers nothing new or different in the world of multiplalyer FPS games these days (CoD/Battlefield) and infact even takes a step back with no environmental destruction (unless it's been added since I played).

Overall to me the game felt like it's about 5 years too late to the scene.

gotta agree with this
__________________
cd6e8ebb5168d8886a502892ceb7e346
Old 10-04-2010, 06:46 PM sir tex is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Drizzt
 
Drizzt's Avatar
 
ya i dunno about the game, it's like MW2 meets BC2, but the gameplay does not feel as good as MW2, and there are no destructible environments like in BC2, I have both MW2 and BC2 and i can't see any reason to get this game.
__________________
MBON|gHub|LbYpavflKJ
59fce89076a3d2f5851e8c291f40e708

"Do not be afraid of the darkness, be afraid of what it hides"

- Drizzt Do'Urden

d53f78fef409408e2230f13db8ca19bb [pornmay.com]

b93149b95e0d7e32a815b7ae4e95c3d6
Old 10-04-2010, 07:07 PM Drizzt is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Caelum
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt View Post
ya i dunno about the game, it's like MW2 meets BC2, but the gameplay does not feel as good as MW2, and there are no destructible environments like in BC2, I have both MW2 and BC2 and i can't see any reason to get this game.

Yep and what stiler said
Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM Caelum is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

Disarm
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by .akai View Post
Shit we all know every war game that comes out nowadays is a cookie cutter, so why bitch anyway.

Wonderful logic. Since they're all the same, give them your money anyway to let them know that you want them to keep putting out the same crap over and over again.

Oh yeah, and no one cares about your score especially since you're holding a sniper rifle. Any idiot can stand far away and snipe people from long range all day. Of course you're going to have few deaths that way.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM Disarm is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Master_Shake
 
why anyone wants to play a game where all you do is stare at the "connecting to server" message is beyond me.

well maybe in the open beta they added more gameplay, like perhaps this time I get to only stare at the options menu.

It's laughable that in order to sell this turd they announce "BATTLEFIELD 3 BETA ACCESS "

As much as I would love to, I'm not spending 50$ for that access.

I'll save my money for the bc2 expansion or possibly even black oops... I mean ops
__________________
not enough content to lurk
Old 10-04-2010, 09:21 PM Master_Shake is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

.akai
Veteran of the Games Forum Mod Wars
 
.akai's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disarm View Post
Wonderful logic. Since they're all the same, give them your money anyway to let them know that you want them to keep putting out the same crap over and over again.

Oh yeah, and no one cares about your score especially since you're holding a sniper rifle. Any idiot can stand far away and snipe people from long range all day. Of course you're going to have few deaths that way.

I never said it was sound logic.

also, welcome to genmay games forum.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:22 PM .akai is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

snugglecaekz
 
Boring. I haven't been this unimpressed in a game in a while.

Battlefield needs to fix the combat and the game would be amazing. The amount of time it takes for shots to register is unacceptable really.

And can fucking devs realize that hit confirmation is stupid?
1. Shoot into bush
2. Crosshair lights up
3. Shoot more

Fucking retarded. Sorry I'm just pissed at the state of FPS, competitive ones don't exist anymore.

/tears
__________________
'08 NC
Old 10-08-2010, 10:23 AM snugglecaekz is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:03 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.