General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Vagamus
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViriiK
Where did I say this? The Jumping to conclusion is ..

are you done?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sanchi

How can a man kill another man? By demonizing him until he is no longer human. To soldiers these are no longer men, they are the "Enemy". Its ok to kill the "Enemy".

Quote:
Well, that's just it really. Guys over there usually DON'T deal with it because they are too busy ducking rounds. For most of them, the process of dealing with it doesn't start until they get out of that environment and back into the "real world". That's why you see alot of these stories about guys that came back from the hellhole of Afghanistan and just losing it (killing their families and so forth).
As soon as you "deal" with it you realize that you have just killed a son, husband and/or father. Then they are no longer then "Enemy", they are human's again. Better to conflict these problems when they are on thier way home.

fatrat

Quote:
Then go to Walter-Reed's or your branch hospital and take care of your problem.. We're a year into this crap and people are already jumping to conclusion.. Kind of like Iraq.. "Okay we've changed Iraq, time to get out now! What? The job's done.. We should be going home soon" When in comparsion to Germany/Japan. This shit is nothing yet.. We're still reporting on Gulf War Syndrome from the first and we still haven't reached a conclusion.. It's always filled with gaps from "DU" to "Chemical Weapons" to etc.. That was 13 years ago.. Again we're doing the same BS today.. Reporting too damn early and jumping to conclusions already..

Actually, this should be talked about.

In this war, we left people in a combat zone for 18 months. It's way too long.

In prior wars, people were rotated out on a regular basis. Not this time.

4 years ago, George Bush and Dick Cheney promised our troops "help is on the way".

Well, where it is? Why are we still cutting back on force strength if we don't have the troops to rotate them out and minimize the psychological damage?

These are real questions that need to be asked. We owe it to them.

gadfly

what more can I say?

<example.com> is there for a reason, use it!

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatrat
Actually, this should be talked about.

In this war, we left people in a combat zone for 18 months. It's way too long.

In prior wars, people were rotated out on a regular basis. Not this time.

4 years ago, George Bush and Dick Cheney promised our troops "help is on the way".

Well, where it is? Why are we still cutting back on force strength if we don't have the troops to rotate them out and minimize the psychological damage?

These are real questions that need to be asked. We owe it to them.
Combat Zone? Pardon me but the only combat zone that are created are when the foreign terrorist bombs/assassinate/kill Iraqi citizen and that causes the United States Military to find those responsible. Other than that, Iraq is stable.

As for the "help is on the way" reference. Rumsfeld shaped our military into an all-mobile military and still doing so today. Our forces have been redesigned to the point we need special forces and lots of them. Crusader for example is not the idea of a mobile military. Air Superiority combined with Special Forces on the ground makes the military more mobile and efficient. Sorry, but this isn't Clinton's military. Liberals goes on that we're not protecting our troops with enough. Well pardon me, didn't John "I voted for it before I voted against it" Kerry voted against the 87 billion dollar package that included body armor and protections for troops. The troops in Iraq have been adjusted to the terrorist attack. The problem is that the terrorist organizations are using IED's and there is no fucking way to predict that. It is hard to detect ahead of time especially travelling in convoy's. The best way to prevent that is to get the Iraqi's working with the Military which they have been doing so. Fallujah and al Najaf for example were controlled by the Al Sadr group but they sure as hell weren't supported by the population. People were being killed to the point they were forced to defend themselves and their city from those idiots by helping the US Military track those bastards down and kill or capture them.

As for troop rotation, we have been doing so with the IRR which is nothing new and is in your contract with the US Military when you sign up that you are committed to IRR after you've served your 4 year active duty period. To avoid this, they serve the full 8 years which some do. I'm' pretty sure my friend's going to get called up because he's only done 4 years with 2 in Korea and 2 in Fort Bragg.
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

caughtsuckingcock
jive
turkey

viriik sure knows a lot about how it is in iraq for never having been there

Mike Tyson
Boxer-Poet

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jive
viriik sure knows a lot about how it is in iraq for never having been there
So this logic applies to all thsoe morons who claim to know about Iraq as well.. However I got 12 good friends over there in Iraq. 7 of them from High School whereas the 5 were from college back home.. There is a 13th one who is on the Marines that was injured on the first day of the war taking a bridge.. His two buddies were killed by artillery while he got injured himself..
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

Last edited by ViriiK; 07-21-2004 at 01:54 AM..

fatrat

Quote:
So this logic applies to all thsoe morons who claim to know about Iraq as well.. However I got 12 good friends over there in Iraq. 7 of them from High School whereas the 5 were from college back home.. There is a 13th one who is on the Marines that was injured on the first day of the war taking a bridge.. His two buddies were killed by artillery while he got injured himself..

So it's ok for them to be hung out to dry for 18 months in a semi combat zone?

I don't know about you, but this is not the type of military the US is supposed to have.

IIRC, the strategy of the US from time immemorial is to be able to fight 2 major conflicts simultaneously. Now we are scrambling for troops in Iraq which does not even come close to major conflict. Same for Afghanistan.

We can't even fight two minor conflicts anymore without having to scramble. Pray tell what will we do when the US actually has to fight a war against anyone not named Sadaam Hussein. Send for the French?

It's not you I'm fighting. I've just seen the military gutted for far too long now and we are paying the price in ways you can't even fathom.

Our current military is hollow. The sooner you realize it, the sooner we can get our government to stop and think about what it's doing.