General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
chriszuma
 
a thread about threads about religion.

Man, arguing about religion really takes a lot out of me. Being an atheist, it always seems like trying to break up a herd of cattle. I don't even know why I try.
I actually considered making a thread about religion, then i realized the above, so I made this thread, to bitch about people who argue about religion.
Don't you think its stupid how people argue about religion and shit online? I mean, who has ever read an argument online and thought, "Wow, my whole belief structure is wrong." These arguments serve no purpose and frankly make me exhausted.

[/rant]
Old 07-18-2004, 01:05 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Wren5
 
I've wondered why they don't just make a few subjects stickies, religion being one of them.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:36 AM Wren5 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
I mean, who has ever read an argument online and thought, "Wow, my whole belief structure is wrong."


:raises hand:
__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 07-18-2004, 01:38 AM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burninator
:raises hand:
damnit, you're ruining everything!
Old 07-18-2004, 01:40 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
damnit, you're ruining everything!


__________________
Use Linux and BSD
Old 07-18-2004, 01:40 AM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!
 
You're an idiot.

Anyone who argues religion, especially when you're wrong, is an idiot. That you actually spend that much time doing it that you feel exhausted means that you're really and truly an idiot.

I learnt at about age 2 that if I didn't want to do something and didn't have to then I didn't. Pity you're not bright enough to work that out isn't it? I'll pray for you though.
__________________
._--_|\.
/........\
\_.--._/
.......v.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:41 AM vinnie is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

chriszuma
 
that's the thing though, it doesnt take much for me to be exhausted, dealing with the mindless cattle like vinnie here, who calls me stupid because i don't step in line with all the pretty little zombies, believing whatever their clergymen say is the divine truth.

damn, now i'm all tired again.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:42 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
that's the thing though, it doesnt take much for me to be exhausted, dealing with the mindless cattle like vinnie here, who calls me stupid because i don't step in line with all the pretty little zombies, believing whatever their clergymen say is the divine truth.

damn, now i'm all tired again.

I bet you dress in black and pierce your eyebrows so you can be an individual like every other teenager atheist loser.
__________________
._--_|\.
/........\
\_.--._/
.......v.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:46 AM vinnie is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
I bet you dress in black and pierce your eyebrows so you can be an individual like every other teenager atheist loser.
you sir are a fucking retard.
i am not gothic, i am a nerd.
nerds think.
thinkers realize the truth.
the truth is that there is no god, it's all just a tall tale to explain what they can't otherwise.

disagree with me if you want, call me names if it makes you feel better, but I'm enlightened, while you are savagely defending a system of beliefs that has no proof or support other than a book that was written by a bunch of people who sought to control the ignoble masses (i.e. you)
Old 07-18-2004, 01:51 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

KhenemetSobek
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszuma
you sir are a fucking retard.
i am not gothic, i am a nerd.
nerds think.
thinkers realize the truth.
the truth is that there is no god, it's all just a tall tale to explain what they can't otherwise.

disagree with me if you want, call me names if it makes you feel better, but I'm enlightened, while you are savagely defending a system of beliefs that has no proof or support other than a book that was written by a bunch of people who sought to control the ignoble masses (i.e. you)

So the truth = No Deity of anyform?

Your just as bad as any christian saying that their Deity is the only Deity. You assume way to much.
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:53 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhenemetSobek
So the truth = No Deity of anyform?

Your just as bad as any christian saying that their Deity is the only Deity. You assume way to much.
i don't assume anything. i fully realise that there is a lot of shit i can't explain, i just know that, following human nature and history, god was made up to explain the mysteries, and then his 'word' contorted into a system of controlling the masses.

and i resent being called as bad a christian. never compare me to that scum (even though i'm dating one, ironic isn't it)

edit: i believe what i see, i assume nothing
Old 07-18-2004, 01:55 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

:ninja:
My cooter sweats, and reeks like rotting sea vermon.
 
:ninja:'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
I'll pray for you though.


You'll pray to God that he becomes more open minded and accepts Christ?

Sounds like God forcing him to love Him. Kind of a contradiction, isn't it?



Maybe you weren't talking about that though, but I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that they will "pray that _______ accepts Christ". It contradicts the entire Christian doctrine.

Edit: Actually praying in general contradicts the entire Christian doctrine. Unless you're praying for thanks (which is uncommon), then you're praying because you want something. And if God "grants" it, then that would show favoritism, which means he is not a fair God, which is contradictory.

The same goes with miracles.
__________________
Use Linux and BSD

Last edited by burninator; 07-18-2004 at 01:58 AM..
Old 07-18-2004, 01:56 AM :ninja: is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

chriszuma
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by burninator
I'm sick and tired of hearing people say that they will "pray that _______ accepts Christ". It contradicts the entire Christian doctrine.
haha, i hadn't noticed that before, but that is a hilarious hypocracy.
Old 07-18-2004, 01:57 AM chriszuma is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

KhenemetSobek
 
But you are just as bad. You assume that you are enlightened. You assume that you know for a "fact" that no god or higher power of anyform exists.

Go study Existentialism and come back and we can discuss this more.
__________________
1180802418
Old 07-18-2004, 01:58 AM KhenemetSobek is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Carl Rove
Schmuck
Why do people like you listen to me? You realized everything I say is a load of bullshit?
 
Carl Rove's Avatar
 
Trying to explain to religious people that they are wrong is futile. As they value belief over reason, no rational argument can ever convince them.

As for vinnie, just tell him you talked disrespetfully to a girl once, and he will call you a woman beater and put you on his ignore list
__________________
^ I did not come up with these "original" thoughts; the Devil or one of his imps put these thoughts in my head and I adopted them as my own.

Currently being spied on by ECHELON (Anthrax Terrorist Bomb etc.)

UK Represent
Old 07-18-2004, 02:00 AM Carl Rove is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:46 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.