General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
L.A. Noire

I haven't seen a thread about this recently and it comes out tomorrow. Is anyone else picking up this gem? The facial motion capture tech turns out awesome and it's some of the best I've ever seen. The game has a lot of different aspects to it as you work different departments in the force, so that looks pretty interesting in terms of depth.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


I think I'll take a short trip to Gamestop to take advantage of their additional 50% credit on used games traded towards this

There's also a three gameplay series from rockstar: Orientation, Rising Through the Ranks, and Investigation and Interrogation.
Part 1 :Orientation
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Part 2: Rising Through the Ranks
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.


Part 3: Investigation and Interrogation
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.

Last edited by cokezeroholic; 05-16-2011 at 09:47 AM..
Old 05-16-2011, 09:42 AM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Yup I got it preordered w/ release day shipping, should be here tomorrow. Excited++
__________________
Sup
Old 05-16-2011, 09:49 AM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#2  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
I got this game with a video card I ordered a while ago. Thought I already had it, guess it must have been for a pre-order? I haven't bothered trying to play it or the other game I got.

I guess I'll give a whirl. Seems interesting.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:55 AM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#3  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
I got this game with a video card I ordered a while ago. Thought I already had it, guess it must have been for a pre-order? I haven't bothered trying to play it or the other game I got.

I guess I'll give a whirl. Seems interesting.

__________________
Sup
Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 AM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#4  

Jeck
 
I'll be stopping on the way to work to get it tomorrow. Been looking forward to it.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:06 AM Jeck is offline  
Reply With Quote
#5  

zerokewl
 
zerokewl's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
I got this game with a video card I ordered a while ago. Thought I already had it, guess it must have been for a pre-order? I haven't bothered trying to play it or the other game I got.

I guess I'll give a whirl. Seems interesting.

Im guessing Mafia II....

Looks the same as this.

I have heard some shit about this game and that no matter what way you do things youll still successfully complete everything. So, it makes you think you have decision making power that affects the game, but in reality its just a linear game with cloverleafs that lead back into the main story.

Again, I just read this somewhere, so not sure. The game looks awesome, and it will probably be the first game I will buy for my PS3 for in a while
__________________
Myke
Old 05-16-2011, 10:07 AM zerokewl is offline  
Reply With Quote
#6  

Serv0h
Stilts and a straw, you'll be in heaven.
 
Serv0h's Avatar
 
It arrives for my 360 tomorrow
__________________
█▀▀▀▀▀████████|||██|▓▓▓▓▓|██| -▬──▬☻
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‛
___//╨─┘
__//
__||
▀▀
__________________
Malamute face is my warm fuzzy wifey! She penetrates my nose, butt, and rectum -- "Words of encouragement are overrated."
Old 05-16-2011, 10:27 AM Serv0h is offline  
Reply With Quote
#7  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerokewl View Post
Im guessing Mafia II....

Looks the same as this.

I have heard some shit about this game and that no matter what way you do things youll still successfully complete everything. So, it makes you think you have decision making power that affects the game, but in reality its just a linear game with cloverleafs that lead back into the main story.

Again, I just read this somewhere, so not sure. The game looks awesome, and it will probably be the first game I will buy for my PS3 for in a while

oh shits you're right. I feel like a now. Nevermind.

on that note, is Mafia II any good?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:52 AM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#8  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
oh shits you're right. I feel like a now. Nevermind.

on that note, is Mafia II any good?

not really no
__________________
Sup
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#9  

cokezeroholic
 
cokezeroholic's Avatar
 
I wonder if people will be all since there is no online play. I an excited though since I don't really play online and enjoy well made single player games.
__________________
There are doorways I haven't opened, and windows I've yet to look through. Going forward may not be the answer ... maybe I should go back.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:56 AM cokezeroholic is offline  
Reply With Quote
#10  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
I wonder if people will be all since there is no online play. I an excited though since I don't really play online and enjoy well made single player games.

its weird tho, the people that would be mad @ no online play must have a really fucked up idea of what the game is...the game is closer to an adventure game than anything else, online play makes no sense
__________________
Sup
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 AM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#11  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiholic View Post
I wonder if people will be all since there is no online play. I an excited though since I don't really play online and enjoy well made single player games.

Retards, maybe. I wish they would slash the crappy, useless multiplayer on a bunch of games so they could focus on making the single player shine more.


Did anyone really play the multiplayer for Dead Space 2 and Bioshock 2 ?
Old 05-16-2011, 12:16 PM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#12  

Serv0h
Stilts and a straw, you'll be in heaven.
 
Serv0h's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
not really no

Seconded. The first one was quite enjoyable though. Second blew it.
__________________
█▀▀▀▀▀████████|||██|▓▓▓▓▓|██| -▬──▬☻
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‛
___//╨─┘
__//
__||
▀▀
__________________
Malamute face is my warm fuzzy wifey! She penetrates my nose, butt, and rectum -- "Words of encouragement are overrated."
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM Serv0h is offline  
Reply With Quote
#13  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
Retards, maybe. I wish they would slash the crappy, useless multiplayer on a bunch of games so they could focus on making the single player shine more.


Did anyone really play the multiplayer for Dead Space 2 and Bioshock 2 ?

srsly
__________________
Sup
Old 05-16-2011, 12:17 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#14  

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi
 
Daishi's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
not really no


Quote:
Originally Posted by Serv0h View Post
Seconded. The first one was quite enjoyable though. Second blew it.

Guess it'll remain unplayed then.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:27 PM Daishi is offline  
Reply With Quote
#15  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.