General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

tron119

Thanks for the info, but I get Michelin's at cost so I'll probably just grab another middle of the line Michelin and upgrade to a nice front in a few weeks and take it easy till then. I've been off work for 2 months and start back monday so kinda the worst timing ever for this to happen. To make things worse I just sold my truck so the bike was supposed to be my main transport for a few weeks till I found a real nice one now I'm fucking scrambling to pick up anything... fml

And I just pulled the bolt out, it was a 3inch long 3/8" bolt, not even a lag bolt like what are the odds that thing would get all the way in there. I'm sure I heard/felt it go in too as I passed a scrap metal dealer on my way home yesterday...I checked to see if it was still holding air at the next light... happy I could make it home at least.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron119 View Post
Thanks for the info, but I get Michelin's at cost so I'll probably just grab another middle of the line Michelin and upgrade to a nice front in a few weeks and take it easy till then. I've been off work for 2 months and start back monday so kinda the worst timing ever for this to happen. To make things worse I just sold my truck so the bike was supposed to be my main transport for a few weeks till I found a real nice one now I'm fucking scrambling to pick up anything... fml

And I just pulled the bolt out, it was a 3inch long 3/8" bolt, not even a lag bolt like what are the odds that thing would get all the way in there. I'm sure I heard/felt it go in too as I passed a scrap metal dealer on my way home yesterday...I checked to see if it was still holding air at the next light... happy I could make it home at least.

thats crazy that something that big would pierce your tire

California Pizza Chicken

Selfsucker
shmoblar
Because sticking a thumb up my ass and having my own dick in my mouth is better than pussy anyday.

Finally got to put in some quality time working on the sv...

Eliminated the ugly fender and put in a clutch cover window.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Found a nice surprise too. fuck.

[M]etallica [M]ember

www.stonybrookmotorsports.com

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

looks like I'm probably going to Buttonwillow on the 11th for free too

[Entropy]

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoblar View Post
Finally got to put in some quality time working on the sv...

Eliminated the ugly fender and put in a clutch cover window.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Found a nice surprise too. fuck.

What fender eliminator is that?

Selfsucker
shmoblar
Because sticking a thumb up my ass and having my own dick in my mouth is better than pussy anyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [Entropy] View Post
What fender eliminator is that?

I made it. I couldnt find one that hide the stock plate light out of the way wwithout removing it.

[M]etallica [M]ember

www.stonybrookmotorsports.com

[Entropy]

Quote:
I made it. I couldnt find one that hide the stock plate light out of the way wwithout removing it.

Badass, looks really good!

In other news, was riding down old marine drive in West Vancouver, had my face shield up and took a pretty fat bee to my right cheek at @ 65km/h. the fucker hurt quite a bit!

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

So I had an interesting weekend to say the least....
Saturday night I flew home from Texas, and Sunday morning i got on my bike and rode 850km, including an extra 100km of detour thanks to this:

Then I got about 80km from home and my bike took a dump.
So I waited on the side of the road swatting away mosquitos for 45 minutes for my dad to come rescue me.

Woke up this morning, got a new battery and went out to the bike, expecting it to run, but kill that battery as well.

To my surprise it held up just fine and appears to be charging just as it should (a very steady 14.4 through the revs)

So I rode it to my original destination (70km home), and had to park the bike, because by the time I had everything figured out it was way to late to head the 900+km back home.

My question is, what do you guys suppose would cause the battery to die outright, over the course of 10ish hours of riding??

When I pulled the old battery it had about 10.5V without load.
The regulator, like I said put out a perfect 14.4V. The only other thing of note is that I had to boost the bike first thing in the morning, and it was getting weak...

My theory is that the constant heat on the battery was enough to finish it off, and perhaps killed a cell in it, but there seems to be a lot of different opinions on if thats possible or not on a sealed battery (glassmat)

Anyways, the bike seems to be doing fine, and now I have to find another weekend to go retrieve it

California Pizza Chicken

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

How old was the battery? I've seen them just outright die before in the 4-5 year range.

zoopnazi
no zoop for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by DopefishLives View Post
How old was the battery? I've seen them just outright die before in the 4-5 year range.

about 3 years old

California Pizza Chicken

Junkie Mod
totensiebush
shit the needle broke off in my ass cheek

yall niggas should come to the track: http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=829813

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Any of you guys have a recommendation on oil for an air cooled engine? It's about that time.

I also figured out that using 92 octane gas makes my bike run better, despite only 'requiring' 87 or so. No idea why. Maybe 92 doesn't have the 10% ethanol in it like 87?

vile1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopnazi View Post
So I had an interesting weekend to say the least....
Saturday night I flew home from Texas, and Sunday morning i got on my bike and rode 850km, including an extra 100km of detour thanks to this:

Then I got about 80km from home and my bike took a dump.
So I waited on the side of the road swatting away mosquitos for 45 minutes for my dad to come rescue me.

Woke up this morning, got a new battery and went out to the bike, expecting it to run, but kill that battery as well.

To my surprise it held up just fine and appears to be charging just as it should (a very steady 14.4 through the revs)

So I rode it to my original destination (70km home), and had to park the bike, because by the time I had everything figured out it was way to late to head the 900+km back home.

My question is, what do you guys suppose would cause the battery to die outright, over the course of 10ish hours of riding??

When I pulled the old battery it had about 10.5V without load.
The regulator, like I said put out a perfect 14.4V. The only other thing of note is that I had to boost the bike first thing in the morning, and it was getting weak...

My theory is that the constant heat on the battery was enough to finish it off, and perhaps killed a cell in it, but there seems to be a lot of different opinions on if thats possible or not on a sealed battery (glassmat)

Anyways, the bike seems to be doing fine, and now I have to find another weekend to go retrieve it

Sounds like a regulator/rectifier issue

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

Quote:

Plumb sauce anyone?

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

DopefishLives
The Artist Formerly Known As StratocasterMaster, I was so [H]ard Kyle could feel it in Texas and got

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
Plumb sauce anyone?

What?!