General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
whoa buddy. nowhere did i say they were a lazy fuck. everywhere did i say that they are trying to go to school when they can't afford it. i like you guy, but don't put words in my mouth.

no, you just implied that he's stupid and can't handle money.

/go with jesus, bra

__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 07-18-2012, 02:00 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#376  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
then he shouldn't be going to college. like, alright it makes sense to educate yourself to get a better career... but this is the reality of it. there are a lot of people who choose to go to school and work multiple jobs and still can't get by, but school isn't mandatory and while generally necessary to advance in life... if you can't afford it you can't afford it. when everyone goes to college it becomes meaningless too. its situations like this where he should really be working and SAVING to go to school, not trying to work and go to school at the same time while living in poverty. if more people did this not only would their degree be worth more as now there aren't quite so many people getting them, but they wouldn't have to live on other people's couches.

it reminds me of a girl i know who complains that she can't pay her rent, she can't afford to do anything or go anywhere or even get new underwear... but she goes to the bar every night. EVERY night.

another example is the person working two jobs, barely making ends meet, but has a pet dog. the dog is a luxury.

school is a luxury too. it sucks that he wouldn't be able to get that education, and really we should live in a world where its more affordable and easy to access... but we don't and its an elective system that far too many people think is mandatory. its a tough choice sometimes but a lot of people don't consider it and then go into debt.

edit: i could go on for pages with anecdotal evidence about people living above their means, or trying to. yeah, that doesn't count for much generally, but you yourself admit 'mike' is working 2 jobs and going to school and still living in poverty.

Are you kidding me? You just justified the whole further separation of upper and middle class.

Don't go to school to better yourself if you can't own your own property? You're telling people they should just stay in fast food or menial jobs.

I can't get a better job because I don't have the skills. I can't get the skills because I can't afford the schooling, I can't afford the skills because I can't get a better job.

Sure college might be a luxury, but it is a necessary luxury. I agree that if you can't afford it, you should be going to a community school or a technical school, but you should never knock someone for going to school to increase their chances of a better job.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 04:14 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#377  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcric View Post
then he shouldn't be going to college. like, alright it makes sense to educate yourself to get a better career... but this is the reality of it. there are a lot of people who choose to go to school and work multiple jobs and still can't get by, but school isn't mandatory and while generally necessary to advance in life... if you can't afford it you can't afford it. when everyone goes to college it becomes meaningless too. its situations like this where he should really be working and SAVING to go to school, not trying to work and go to school at the same time while living in poverty. if more people did this not only would their degree be worth more as now there aren't quite so many people getting them, but they wouldn't have to live on other people's couches.

it reminds me of a girl i know who complains that she can't pay her rent, she can't afford to do anything or go anywhere or even get new underwear... but she goes to the bar every night. EVERY night.

another example is the person working two jobs, barely making ends meet, but has a pet dog. the dog is a luxury.

school is a luxury too. it sucks that he wouldn't be able to get that education, and really we should live in a world where its more affordable and easy to access... but we don't and its an elective system that far too many people think is mandatory. its a tough choice sometimes but a lot of people don't consider it and then go into debt.

edit: i could go on for pages with anecdotal evidence about people living above their means, or trying to. yeah, that doesn't count for much generally, but you yourself admit 'mike' is working 2 jobs and going to school and still living in poverty.

Oh look! It's people that get it! xcric and edplayer.

Once again Pyramid being retarded and thinking being a citizen of DUH YU-NITED STAYTES OF AMERICUH means entitled to money for a dog, alcohol, advanced education -- Oh and while working a crap job we are also entitled to free time to make an ass of ourselves at a bar drinking and making an ass of ourselves to drown sorrows instead of working and looking for something better

Apparently Pyramid was someone that never got the message that you can succeed just fine in the world without an advanced education. Or better yet - you can strive just fine in the world when you save for that advanced education and THEN go later when you are more comfortable (and have some brain cells to manage money, something that people like Pyramid lack the ability because these concepts are oblivious to him). Ask yourself this - or if you are too stupid to know the answer ask someone that does know: If you have 2 resume's side by side for a basic position of a job:
#1 is fresh out of college - no experience, but he has a degree
#2 has been in the workforce his entire life. He has held at least 2 jobs for long periods with backup of all his experience and good references from said jobs.


Who will get the job? This is something Pyramid is too fucking dumb to know.


Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post
What a dumbass, thinking that more skills to go along with his hard work would ever get him anywhere in life...

/do you guys even remember what side of an argument you are on?

hurr durr poor people are poor because they are stupid and unskilled and unwilling to work.

lololol, why would a poor person work two shit paying jobs and try to get more skills? what a stupid poor person.

what the actual fuck, people?

how does someone win in your fucked up world?

It's called A-D-V-A-N-C-E-M-E-N-T. Say it with me now my little children Budgeting and saving is a very odd concept, I know, but believe me, you CAN DO IT!!! Put some positive attitude in there, YAY!!!
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝

Last edited by s0me0nesmind1; 07-18-2012 at 07:18 AM..
Old 07-18-2012, 07:07 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#378  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Oh look! It's people that get it!

Once again Pyramid being retarded and thinking being a citizen of DUH YU-NITED STAYTES OF AMERICUH means entitled to money for a dog, alcohol, advanced education -- Oh and while working a crap job we are also entitled to free time to make an ass of ourselves at a bar drinking and making an ass of ourselves to drown sorrows instead of working and looking for something better

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:10 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#379  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Are you kidding me? You just justified the whole further separation of upper and middle class.

Don't go to school to better yourself if you can't own your own property? You're telling people they should just stay in fast food or menial jobs.

I can't get a better job because I don't have the skills. I can't get the skills because I can't afford the schooling, I can't afford the skills because I can't get a better job.

Sure college might be a luxury, but it is a necessary luxury. I agree that if you can't afford it, you should be going to a community school or a technical school, but you should never knock someone for going to school to increase their chances of a better job.

COLLEGE IS NOT NECESSARY. Once again showing how young some of you are because you are too fucking stupid to understand how the world works . If you want to become the CEO or a Lawyer - yes it is necessary. But guess what? There are other holes that need filling - like your mouth with a penis.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#380  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
COLLEGE IS NOT NECESSARY. Once again showing how young some of you are because you are too fucking stupid to understand how the world works . If you want to become the CEO or a Lawyer - yes it is necessary. But guess what? There are other holes that need filling - like your mouth with a penis.

You mean those holes you outsourced to China? Great. I'll get right on that.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:25 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#381  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
COLLEGE IS NOT NECESSARY. Once again showing how young some of you are because you are too fucking stupid to understand how the world works . If you want to become the CEO or a Lawyer - yes it is necessary. But guess what? There are other holes that need filling - like your mouth with a penis.

Show me one job that guarantees 40,000+ a year that doesn't require a bachelor's degree nowadays. This is 40K in a low to medium cost of living area, not California or New York
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 07:32 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#382  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post
Show me one job that guarantees 40,000+ a year that doesn't require a bachelor's degree nowadays. This is 40K in a low to medium cost of living area, not California or New York

Chef.


Boy that was easy!
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#383  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
Chef.


Boy that was easy!



In order to be allowed universally to do anything other than prep sauces, you need additional schooling other than high school GED.

So you're not even a chef at that point.

You have plenty of levels to rise before you reach that $40k mark


Next.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 07:56 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#384  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coqui View Post


In order to be allowed universally to do anything other than prep sauces, you need additional schooling other than high school GED.

So you're not even a chef at that point.

You have plenty of levels to rise before you reach that $40k mark


Next.

That is TOTALLY incorrect. There are certainly Culinary Art schools - however that isn't a requirement. There are schools for anything. If you are expecting $40k+ out of high school, you are after all - a dumbass like Pyramid.

Want some more examples, fgt?
-Truck Drivers
-Plumbers
-HR Positions
-Nursing
-Government Jobs - You think that TSA guy at Airports has a degree? Or The Postal Workers?
-Experience at Retailers will get you management positions
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-18-2012, 08:12 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#385  

Jack's raging erection
 
Jack's raging erection's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
That is TOTALLY incorrect. There are certainly Culinary Art schools - however that isn't a requirement. There are schools for anything. If you are expecting $40k+ out of high school, you are after all - a dumbass like Pyramid.

Want some more examples, fgt?
-Truck Drivers
-Plumbers
-HR Positions
-Nursing
-Government Jobs - You think that TSA guy at Airports has a degree? Or The Postal Workers?
-Experience at Retailers will get you management positions

TSA, Postal worker are about the only jobs that actually match the criteria being discussed, and then you must have worked there for +20 years to even think of getting close to $40k. Others require licensing/training paid out of pocket. Money that people who have these GED only jobs don't have. Most retailers would require the degree for management positions.

I know you weren't born yesterday, but try to convince me your mom didn't drop you and use the skull deformation as an ashtray.
__________________
My real name is Shaved Dog's Ass.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 AM Jack's raging erection is offline  
Reply With Quote
#386  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
That is TOTALLY incorrect. There are certainly Culinary Art schools - however that isn't a requirement. There are schools for anything. If you are expecting $40k+ out of high school, you are after all - a dumbass like Pyramid.

Want some more examples, fgt?
-Truck Drivers
-Plumbers
-HR Positions
-Nursing
-Government Jobs - You think that TSA guy at Airports has a degree? Or The Postal Workers?
-Experience at Retailers will get you management positions

Now I know you go based on opinions of what you think about everyone and not fact.

Just about everything you mentioned requires schooling/training of some sort. You're right. You don't need to go to Culinary school, however you do need to attend training which comes out of your own pocket (or a company willing to pay for your schooling)

I'm not expecting 40k right out of high school, however, I'm also not the one calling training/schooling a luxury.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 08:22 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#387  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
Most retailers would require the degree for management positions.

or 15+ years experience which you can still be superceded by a person with a degree.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 08:24 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#388  

s0me0nesmind1
 
s0me0nesmind1's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's raging erection View Post
TSA, Postal worker are about the only jobs that actually match the criteria being discussed, and then you must have worked there for +20 years to even think of getting close to $40k. Others require licensing/training paid out of pocket. Money that people who have these GED only jobs don't have. Most retailers would require the degree for management positions.

I know you weren't born yesterday, but try to convince me your mom didn't drop you and use the skull deformation as an ashtray.

None of you have tried actually applying to places, huh? While there are schools, there are very few jobs that actually REQUIRE that.

20+ Years? Good god you are full of shit and have 0 clue what you are talking about. It's fucking EASY to advance in this world if you put your foot forward, but none of you do that. You sit back and look like everyone else - a slacker.
__________________
8e12bfe909ef9fcfaa2d400a638d4801 [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
◑ ◔
╔═╗
║▒▒▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
╚═╝
Old 07-18-2012, 08:26 AM s0me0nesmind1 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#389  

Coqui
 
Coqui's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by s0me0nesmind1 View Post
None of you have tried actually applying to places, huh? While there are schools, there are very few jobs that actually REQUIRE that.

20+ Years? Good god you are full of shit and have 0 clue what you are talking about. It's fucking EASY to advance in this world if you put your foot forward, but none of you do that. You sit back and look like everyone else - a slacker.

I'm on my 5th job since graduating college. Since 2004, every single job except the lowest in my field requires a college degree. The lowest pays minimum wage.

And you need to be TSA pay band E to break the 40k mark. Guess what one of the competencies required are for it?







Wait for it










Schooling.
__________________
I lack boobs and have a penis
Old 07-18-2012, 08:30 AM Coqui is offline  
Reply With Quote
#390  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:29 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.