General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Captain Moosehead

Makeshift War Room

I read this great idea on another forum. It was basically setting up a war room in the event SHTF. I don't remember the details (it was basically a basement or bunker with provision and stuff) but one neat idea was getting nine 15 minute USGS maps and laminating and setting them up on your wall with your property in the center.

It was a little more to the extreme side detailing who your neighbors were and so forth but it sounded useful if you owned land and needed an escape route or resources or something. Also it is obviously geared more towards rural areas since at 15 minutes you essentially have a fifty mile radius from your place or something. A neat idea none the less; and even if you aren't paranoid or something I personally think it would look nice as a picture - assuming your area looks topographically attractive.

Anyways post whatever else you would toss in your fuhrer bunker aside from basic food stuffs and water.
Not everyone is lucky enough to have been raised in a whiskey tango trailer park, by a bow-legged female, whose sole qualification for motherhood is a womb that happened to catch the sperm of a passing truck driver.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Caelum

I would make sure the map you got was a contour map and as high res as you can get it. You want to be able to find the areas where the water sheds so you can set up some kind of collection system there.

godofcheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelum View Post
I would make sure the map you got was a contour map and as high res as you can get it. You want to be able to find the areas where the water sheds so you can set up some kind of collection system there.

USGS maps have the contour lines, buildings, wells, roads, ect on them.

I have a set of the maps, but I dont' have them up on the wall. They are rolled up in their tubes so they don't fade. Don't forget to get them updated regularly.

CoRPS

Sorry for sounding like a schmuck, but why is everyone so paranoid? Is it all in fun or do you guys really think some crazy shit is going to go down and you'll actually need all this shit. I'm really confused.

MadDog
NO FAT CHICKS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRPS View Post
Sorry for sounding like a schmuck, but why is everyone so paranoid? Is it all in fun or do you guys really think some crazy shit is going to go down and you'll actually need all this shit. I'm really confused.

Be Prepared

Caelum

Quote:

Theres no harm in being prepared, just in case.
Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:

I sincerely hope that this is all nothing more than talk and stocking up on extreme camping gear. But considering the different situations that could cause a SHTF scenario, I'm treating it like a condom. Better to have and not need than to need and not have.

CoRPS

All I have is a Ruger 10/22