General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

sanjay

I want her to be Palin's VP and Rick Perry can be Secretary of Texas.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

DarkHelmet
BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD BIGHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbin View Post
Most recently this was address in Gonzales v. Raich, which held that the federal government could regulate, under the Commerce Clause, marijuana cultivated, grown, and used in California by a medical marijuana patient. It's a pretty clear cut analysis under the precedent.

Actually the reason for this was stated that there was no easy way to identify California pot from other pot. Since any Montana firearms must be engraved "MADE IN MONTANA" it's quite easy to identify them, thus preventing them from "export" to other states.

Corbin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHelmet View Post
Actually the reason for this was stated that there was no easy way to identify California pot from other pot. Since any Montana firearms must be engraved "MADE IN MONTANA" it's quite easy to identify them, thus preventing them from "export" to other states.

Sure, and that might be good enough for me and you, but I doubt the Supreme Court would see it the same way. The main point from that case is that the activity at issue - manufacturing and selling firearms - is an economic activity that will affect interstate commerce. That's all that is needed for Congress to regulate. I'm not sure that stamping "Made in Montana" on the guns is going to change that analysis. Unless we can convince Justice Kennedy

Edit: I actually just read that case again because we are having the same argument in the Pit. I don't recall a part of the holding that rested on not being able to identify California pot from other pot. Could you quote it to me or something, it would be useful for me to have.

TommyTheCat

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey-boy View Post
to bad nobody lives there

Im from TX, the best god damn state in the union(tongue in cheek), and Montana and Alaska the only states I would consider moving too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjay View Post
I want her to be Palin's VP and Rick Perry can be Secretary of Texas.

As a resident of TX, and a loyal,semi intelligent American, I disagree with both of those statements.

I voted for Kinky.