General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

UnknownWanderer

Question: She's been on the pill for four months. This is enough time to be effective, correct? And what about cumming inside her?

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Loose Cannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownWanderer
Question: She's been on the pill for four months. This is enough time to be effective, correct? And what about cumming inside her?

Pill is effective within a week of starting. Assuming she's regular about taking it, it's effective protection to the levels described in the original post, ie. 95% effective over the course of a year. Cumming inside her is unlikely to get her pregnant, but no protection is provided against STDs.

"wow.. a 22k thread that doesnt suck" - jewbloob

Chief [M]icrosoft Hater of Gen[M]ay [M]ac Club.

23b1270ade80a399f61ee8f9b42a87dc

f00ker's Wife
SlickChicFallen
... and the LORD struck him with an incureable disease of the bowels ...

so I recently switched from the Nuva Ring to Nor-QD (progesterone only pills; too much risk of stroke because of migranes w/ auras)

How do I tell which pills are placebos and which ones are real pills? I read and re-read the directions several times and it says nothing. All the pills look the same. The directions said take all the pills and soon as the 'sheet' is done, start a new one. I'm planning on doing exactly that; however, when am I supposed to start my period? I started the pills as soon as I finished my last period on the ring; so assumedly would it be around the same time? I have a 28 day supply of pills, btw. I've also had some spotting while my body was getting used to the pills; which, according to the info pamphlet, is normal.

Pills are not my thing

Anyone else on Progesterone Only Pills (POPs)?

John Holmes
jaime21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickChicFallen
so I recently switched from the Nuva Ring to Nor-QD (progesterone only pills; too much risk of stroke because of migranes w/ auras)

How do I tell which pills are placebos and which ones are real pills? I read and re-read the directions several times and it says nothing. All the pills look the same. The directions said take all the pills and soon as the 'sheet' is done, start a new one. I'm planning on doing exactly that; however, when am I supposed to start my period? I started the pills as soon as I finished my last period on the ring; so assumedly would it be around the same time? I have a 28 day supply of pills, btw. I've also had some spotting while my body was getting used to the pills; which, according to the info pamphlet, is normal.

Pills are not my thing

Anyone else on Progesterone Only Pills (POPs)?

If you have 28 pills, then the last 7 should be the placebos and you should get your period that week.

f00ker's Wife
SlickChicFallen
... and the LORD struck him with an incureable disease of the bowels ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime21
If you have 28 pills, then the last 7 should be the placebos and you should get your period that week.

ahhh... gotcha...

my other question is thus...

7 collums, 4 rows ... 7 collums labled with Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc... and the 4 rows represent weeks...

I started my pills on a Thursday; so I took the thursday pill on the first week. That means that Sunday, Monday ~ Wednesday are still there. Once I "finish" through the bottom of the sheet, do I go back and take those other pills? Or do I just start another sheet from the top?

John Holmes
jaime21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickChicFallen
ahhh... gotcha...

my other question is thus...

7 collums, 4 rows ... 7 collums labled with Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc... and the 4 rows represent weeks...

I started my pills on a Thursday; so I took the thursday pill on the first week. That means that Sunday, Monday ~ Wednesday are still there. Once I "finish" through the bottom of the sheet, do I go back and take those other pills? Or do I just start another sheet from the top?

Start a new sheet from the top

sykoex

I have a problem. I think my gf might be pregnant because she was supposed to get her period about 3 days ago. I have never once actually been having sex with her and came inside her without a condom. I always use a condom if I plan to finish. but there have been times where i had my penis inside her without a condom, so there could be the possiblity of precum getting her pregnant? and once i was rubbing my penis on her clit and came in the general area of her vagina.

I checked the site for planned parenthood so i have a good idea of what to do if we know for sure that she's pregnant (like what clinics to go to and what options we have in terms of what type of abortion we want). but the only problem is that she's only 15 and i'm 19. Can i really just walk into the clinic with her and be honest with them about everything or will i be arrested or what?
I really hope someone can answer this.

Edit: this site talks about age of consent where i live.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/newyork.htm
but it still doesnt say much about whether a clinic would have me arrested or have to tell her parents or what..

Last edited by sykoex; 07-28-2005 at 09:04 PM..

John Holmes
jaime21

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoex
I have a problem. I think my gf might be pregnant because she was supposed to get her period about 3 days ago. I have never once actually been having sex with her and came inside her without a condom. I always use a condom if I plan to finish. but there have been times where i had my penis inside her without a condom, so there could be the possiblity of precum getting her pregnant? and once i was rubbing my penis on her clit and came in the general area of her vagina.

I checked the site for planned parenthood so i have a good idea of what to do if we know for sure that she's pregnant (like what clinics to go to and what options we have in terms of what type of abortion we want). but the only problem is that she's only 15 and i'm 19. Can i really just walk into the clinic with her and be honest with them about everything or will i be arrested or what?

Because you're over 18 and she's under I don't think you can be honest. I would suggest she goes with a friend or if you go with her don't tell them how old you are (or lie and say you're 17). It's considered rape if the person is under 18 and have sex with someone over 18 almost always but do check for your particular state

chubber911
Kiddie Corral Material

Quote:
Originally Posted by sykoex

Edit: this site talks about age of consent where i live.
http://www.ageofconsent.com/newyork.htm
but it still doesnt say much about whether a clinic would have me arrested or have to tell her parents or what..
If you live in the northern US, come up to Canada. Age of consent is 14.

John Holmes
jaime21

Is there any downside (besides not knowing if I'm pregnant) to skipping my period this month and going right to the next pill pack of my birth control? I'm supposed to get my period next week and I have some thing next week that would be much much better if I didn't have my period.

alphaivt

any new news on when the male pill will be released?

SpaceCase

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaime21
Is there any downside (besides not knowing if I'm pregnant) to skipping my period this month and going right to the next pill pack of my birth control? I'm supposed to get my period next week and I have some thing next week that would be much much better if I didn't have my period.
It's not a problem, that's actually one of the advantages to being on hormonal birth control like the pill or patch. From what I understand though, it's not suggested that you make it a regular thing unless your doctor specifically tells you to.

Member of the Genmay Women's Krew.

ROJO

Alright, just a couple quick questions if someone wouldn't mind answering....

My gf is about to start going on some form of bc (has an appointment at planned parenthood on wednesday), but we're unsure about a couple things.

We both like the idea of the patch, because its less to remember, etc. For those of you who have tried the patch.....how often have you had one fall off? Are there really any risks associated with the patch that don't also come with the pill? Are you still protected during the week you are without a patch, and if so, is this due to hormonal levels still in effect from the patch, or is this just because of the impending period? We still plan to use condoms in addition to whatever bc she chooses....but I think I might be uncomfortable just relying on her cycle to be the 2nd form of control during that week (I guess this question applies to any form of hormonal bc where there is an 'off' period).

As far as the ring goes.....I dunno if my gf would like the idea of something invasive.....but 3 weeks without having to replace it sounds appealing. My question is this: in the course of fingering (she likes it aggressive too), I assume its likely to become dislodged. Anyone have this problem?

I think we're leaning towards the patch....but I would be interested to hear any opinions on it.

And, a bit of an aside....anymore news on the male hormonal birth control?

I block avatars.

Last edited by ROJO; 08-08-2005 at 07:36 PM..

SpaceCase

Rojo:
I've been on both the pill and the patch. I switched to the patch cuz I had too much trouble remembering to take my pills. The patch I loved. I had a patch fall off once, like the second week I was on it, because I didn't pick a good spot for it, so it irritated my skin so I kept scratching at it. After that I got better about the placement of it. Some people prefer the pill because they can be absolutely sure that they are getting the hormones, since they are actively ingesting them, where with the patch you just trust that your skin is absorping them. I know little about the NuvaRing, when I asked my doctor about it, she said that if the reason I wanted to switch was that I forgot to take the pill, I may forget to change the ring as well, since you only have to think about it once a month.

Member of the Genmay Women's Krew.

Last edited by SpaceCase; 08-16-2005 at 04:30 PM..

The Singing Detective
I can't creep up on people like I'm in a Marx Brothers' film.

Alright, problem time:

My probationary wife (read: fiancée) is looking to come OFF the pill. She's been on it since we started dating, and they have never managed to get her dosage right: been through at least 8 different packages. The pill has been screwing her up bigtime, and she's beginning to worry about her long-term health and fertility.

Her problem seems to be that her body really doesn't like having its levels of estrogen and progesterone fucked with. She's already been told that the patch and shot would be horrible for her.

We've always used condoms, in addition to her pill-popping. I saw in kristchan's post ( kristchan!) that, as luck would have it, my thin Durex loyalty is well-founded. It also confirmed that the spermicidals are dogey as heck.

I am also a disturbingly fertile man. I had my semen tested for a genetic disorder years ago, and just for the heck of it, I had my doctor run a sperm count test as well. Let it suffice to say that I am in command of a well-regimented army that would overrun the fallopian tubes and claim victory in about nine seconds flat, if open war were ever to be declared.

Is there a method of chemical contraception that is 'gentler' on women than the pill?

Is there anything I can take? (I'm in Canada, if that narrows it down.)

Need options; not babies.

Last edited by The Singing Detective; 08-24-2005 at 08:25 AM..