General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Sarah Palin
 
Sarah Palin's Avatar
 
You sound like a horny 20 year old.
Old 08-04-2006, 04:27 PM Sarah Palin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

explosivo
you will be sick of this title in a week <3 IMN
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
Faith doesn't have to form out of thin air, but by definition you have to extrapolate what you know, into what you believe. If you knew that the things that you believe were absolutely correct... then you would have no faith.

faith ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fth)
n.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

Everything that I know I also believe...if I didnt, I wouldn't know it.
I don't believe anything that is not correct because I know it to not be true. You can only have faith in something when you know it's rooted in truth...which can be proven, and therefore is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
You may know the answer to that problem because you have memorized the answer before hand, but anyone can do that calculation, and the answer can't be disputed. For you to compare your beliefs to a math problem is truly tragic and shows a paucity of understanding of even your own religion.

The math problem is just used as an example to illustrate something I know that you dont know. You could replace that with anything. The things I know can be learned by most anyone else and of course can't be disputed..fact is fact. Lemme explain yet another way. Say I said that I knew for a fact that my keyboard was made mostly of plastic. And you replyed by saying you knew for a fact that it is made of cheese. Well you would then either be mistaken or you would be lying. There is only one right answer and I can assure you, it aint cheese. Surely you must agree that I know some things that you don't know and vice versa. We dont both know the exact same things. Just the fact that we are having this discussion proves that. Therefore, like I already stated, for someone who doesn't know the answer to say that it is fact that we can't prove or disprove something that someone else already knows is false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
Faith and religion are entirely different from math problems. You have *your* beliefs figured out. Nothing that you believe can be proven on this earth. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, but face the facts.

Nothing that I believe can be proven?
You should look up the word believe and then look up the word prove.
Then read what you wrote a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
If you really believe that at your age, you have everything figured out, and you know everything there is to know about your faith (let alone all the absolute truths of the world) then you have failed. If you know what all of the answers are now, then they can never change and I truly feel sorry for you.

Again, I never proclaimed to know everything. That would be against my religion. Actually
if you go back you will see that this was already covered. I admitted two times previous to this post that I didnt know everything.
Old 08-05-2006, 12:00 AM explosivo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

Sarah Palin
 
Sarah Palin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivo
faith ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fth)
n.
2. Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence.

Everything that I know I also believe...if I didnt, I wouldn't know it.
I don't believe anything that is not correct because I know it to not be true. You can only have faith in something when you know it's rooted in truth...which can be proven, and therefore is correct.

.
Does not rest on logical proof = cannot be proven

Your arguments would hold much more weight if you didn't contradict yourself with your own supporting data
Old 08-05-2006, 08:55 AM Sarah Palin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

explosivo
you will be sick of this title in a week <3 IMN
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMisCarRiaGe
Does not rest on logical proof = cannot be proven

Your arguments would hold much more weight if you didn't contradict yourself with your own supporting data

"rooted" as in they are two different things
Faith stems from things already known and proven.
Or it is only because something has been proven that I can have faith in something else.
There is no contradiction.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:32 AM explosivo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

Sarah Palin
 
Sarah Palin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivo
"rooted" as in they are two different things
Faith stems from things already known and proven.
Or it is only because something has been proven that I can have faith in something else.
There is no contradiction.
Faith, by it's very definition is a belief in something that cannot be proven
Old 08-05-2006, 10:18 AM Sarah Palin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

Gibonius
 
I have no problem with any Christian believing their faith is the single true faith. Unlike some other faiths, Christianity is based on interpreting and following something that is written down. It's not just a philosophy. If you think your interpretation is right, others must be wrong by default. It can be annoying if you aren't Christian, but that's not a reason for them to stop if they really believe.

As far as any religion being "proven" correct:
Many of the things that religious people claim to "know" are based on faith. Some things from the Bible have been verified in other sources, but the vast majority are strictly from the Bible with no outside verification. Only faith allows you to believe that these things actually happened.

So if you think your religion is proof positive correct, you either have a very low standard of proof, or don't understand the difference between faith based belief and real proof.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:07 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

explosivo
you will be sick of this title in a week <3 IMN
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMisCarRiaGe
Faith, by it's very definition is a belief in something that cannot be proven

No, it is a belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence, there
is a difference. The definition is saying that logical or physical proof is not a necessity
for you to have that belief. I am saying, the reason you can even have faith in the first place
is because you know something else to be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I have no problem with any Christian believing their faith is the single true faith. Unlike some other faiths, Christianity is based on interpreting and following something that is written down. It's not just a philosophy. If you think your interpretation is right, others must be wrong by default. It can be annoying if you aren't Christian, but that's not a reason for them to stop if they really believe.

It's not written down just in the bible, it written on everyones heart. Everyone has the capability
to finding truth but the key lies inside. It really is as if non-believers see everything in black &
white, whereas Christains see everything in color. The world has a "color" (for lack of better words)
but the non-believer just can't see it. It is only until they are willing to accept the truth that is buried
in their hearts. Then the veil will be lifted from their eyes and they will be able to understand.
I happen to be non-denominational. The different denominations are formed from different interpretations
of the same thing. That doesnt mean some are completly right and some are wrong. All anyone can do
is interpret something the best they can. And if they find contradiction, they they need to reevaluate what
their looking at.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:58 AM explosivo is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by explosivo
It's not written down just in the bible, it written on everyones heart. Everyone has the capability
to finding truth but the key lies inside. It really is as if non-believers see everything in black &
white, whereas Christains see everything in color. The world has a "color" (for lack of better words)
but the non-believer just can't see it. It is only until they are willing to accept the truth that is buried
in their hearts. Then the veil will be lifted from their eyes and they will be able to understand.
I happen to be non-denominational. The different denominations are formed from different interpretations
of the same thing. That doesnt mean some are completly right and some are wrong. All anyone can do
is interpret something the best they can. And if they find contradiction, they they need to reevaluate what
their looking at.

Reminds me of the line Mormons like to toss around: "Pray to know that this is true."

Something that tends to get overlooked by a lot of Christians when they go to preach to the heathens is that a good number of people used to believe, and stopped. As a kid, I wanted to have that epiphany, the feeling of God in my life. I never did. I stopped looking for years, and then eventually realized that I didn't even feel the need anymore.

Now, belief in the supernatural goes against my professional training and against the instincts I've developed over the last ~10 years. I no longer desire a supernatural part of life. I don't need an omnipotent being for comfort me. I don't feel that anything significant is missing from my life, and by the standards I've developed, "truth" needs to have much higher standards than what "feels right." So many religious people believe because they don't want to face the idea that this life is all we get, that they'll never see their loved ones or pets again. They have no objective reason to believe there is an afterlife, but it "feels right" to them that there should be one. It "feels right" that people who live morally should get rewarded and the wicked should get punished.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:25 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

98029802980298029802
ieholly
love Ted Bundy's cock
 
lol, this now the pit and no longer the BC.
Old 08-05-2006, 03:54 PM 98029802980298029802 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98029802980298029802
lol, this now the pit and no longer the BC.
I wonder how many people think others actually read their long arse posts like that though?

Unless it's funny, interesting or written by someone I like, I won't read more than a couple of lines of a post.

I think about the many thousands of lines that people have written at me and I've just completely ignored and it makes me happy on the inside
__________________
._--_|\.
/........\
\_.--._/
.......v.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:43 AM vinnie is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

tmoney1876
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
I wonder how many people think others actually read their long arse posts like that though?

Unless it's funny, interesting or written by someone I like, I won't read more than a couple of lines of a post.

I think about the many thousands of lines that people have written at me and I've just completely ignored and it makes me happy on the inside

You don't read my posts do you? haha

explosivo seemed to read my posts,... I guess I pissed him off enough to hold his attention.

Yeah,... this thread has left the bounds of the bone closet, but it was sanctioned. (a split from another thread)
Old 08-06-2006, 02:51 PM tmoney1876 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

Kahnza
el borracho
I luvs me some big ole fatties... too bad my lil weiner makes them cry! :(
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmoney1876
You don't read my posts do you? haha

explosivo seemed to read my posts,... I guess I pissed him off enough to hold his attention.

Yeah,... this thread has left the bounds of the bone closet, but it was sanctioned. (a split from another thread)

i'm just quoting this. i didn't actually read it because i only read posts by vinnie, and the posts that he quotes.

sorry.
__________________
Most will agree when I say half my posts arent worth reading.

OWK is my official hero.

suffocate (9:05:45 PM): he's the sweetest guy you will ever meet. fuck off.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:29 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

vinnie
OH MY GOD!!! I LOVE SUCKING COCK!!!!!
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnza
i'm just quoting this. i didn't actually read it because i only read posts by vinnie, and the posts that he quotes.
sorry.

It's funny... because he's on ignore and I wouldn't have even glanced at it if you hadn't quoted it.

I can't even remember who he is, let alone why he's on ignore
__________________
._--_|\.
/........\
\_.--._/
.......v.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:06 PM vinnie is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

tmoney1876
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
It's funny... because he's on ignore and I wouldn't have even glanced at it if you hadn't quoted it.

I can't even remember who he is, let alone why he's on ignore

I'm so hurt,... haha
Old 08-06-2006, 08:29 PM tmoney1876 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

Kahnza
el borracho
I luvs me some big ole fatties... too bad my lil weiner makes them cry! :(
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnie
It's funny... because he's on ignore and I wouldn't have even glanced at it if you hadn't quoted it.

I can't even remember who he is, let alone why he's on ignore

he says he's hurt, and then he chuckles.
__________________
Most will agree when I say half my posts arent worth reading.

OWK is my official hero.

suffocate (9:05:45 PM): he's the sweetest guy you will ever meet. fuck off.
Old 08-06-2006, 08:31 PM Kahnza is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.