General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub
how were they going to get there.... swim ?
Whatever it would take.....Stalin was pretty pissed that all of Germany didn't become part of his empire.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

jubjub
TweedleDumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama
Whatever it would take.....

the simple fact is that the Soviets did not have the landing craft(or the manpower) needed to mount an invasion of Japan.

ViriiK
http://military.revenanteagle.org/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubjub
the simple fact is that the Soviets did not have the landing craft(or the manpower) needed to mount an invasion of Japan.
They could have used those crappy boats they used at Stalingrad and hope at least 20% of it made it through..
- Proud Sponsor of the American Military-Industrial Complex

arthur pendragon
TweedleDumbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmuck
and Japan was nowhere near developing an atom bomb or the means to deliver it. The Japanese were prepared to surrender at that point.

You couldnt be more full of shit if you tried you fucking eurocock..........

Japan's WWII A-bomb Project in Hungnam, N Korea

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion

Ken
fucknut
Hay bob. girl there hot. big boobs. nice pussy.

Well, the aliens certainly don't want us to.

http://www.disclosureproject.org/

At any rate, nuclear weapons = bad. Have the potential to do a lot of harm. There'll be better energy technology coming along soon once people realize how fundamendally flawed their closed system electronics are with respect to never getting a COP > 1.0

Anyway.

Zero point energy > nuclear. 'nuff said. We'll get there eventually.

Besides, do you really want to be next to something that's radioactive? I'd fear for my groin.

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthur pendragon
You couldnt be more full of shit if you tried you fucking eurocock..........

Japan's WWII A-bomb Project in Hungnam, N Korea

good thing they were beaten to the punch
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

synaesthesia
ihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomoneyiwantstobejapaneseiisaloserihasnomon

If, say, the nuclear weapon was detonated in tokyo bay, where the emperor himself alongside all of his advisors could see the power of the bomb as the mushroom cloud grew on the horizon before their eyes, maybe they would have surrendered without the need for Hiroshima/Nagasaki to be bombed

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumb OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG
If, say, the nuclear weapon was detonated in tokyo bay, where the emperor himself alongside all of his advisors could see the power of the bomb as the mushroom cloud grew on the horizon before their eyes, maybe they would have surrendered without the need for Hiroshima/Nagasaki to be bombed
Maybe you should fire up the old time machine and go back and educate Truman with your astounding insight...

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

auction1

Quote:
A mere display of force (as opposed to actually exercising that force) would've simply reinforced the belief that we were weak, cowardly westerners that could never defeat the pure and righteous japanese army.

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy
if the aliens were advanced enough to travel all the way from another solar system just to invade us, i'm sure nukes will be childsplay for them

They'd probably some anti-matter stuff that would be like a pipe bomb for them that would really fuck some shit up

mofugger
I'm married to a gay man

Quote:
Originally Posted by wen

So you're saying Bush has been successful in justifying military spending through invalid (aka invasion of Iraq on completely false pretenses, given that every single reason given for invading iraq was proven wrong, and "To remove the fierce dictator" was never on that list). .

If removing Saddam was never on the table as you claim, then why was he given the ultimatum of leave willingly, or forcefully before the first shot was fired?

Carl Rove
Schmuck
Why do people like you listen to me? You realized everything I say is a load of bullshit?

Quote:

Another good point. IIRC the US government decided not to give any warning whatsoever of the Hiroshima attack (even keeping the existence of the bomb a secret until it had been used). Apparantly they wanted to kill innocent women and children. And then lie about it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truman
The world will note that the first atomic bomb was dropped on Hiroshima, a military base. That was because we wished in this first attack to avoid, insofar as possible, the killing of civilians.

Whats worse than wiping out 100,000 civilians in order to show off? Wiping out 100,000 civilians in order to show off and then claiming it was a military target.

Currently being spied on by ECHELON (Anthrax Terrorist Bomb etc.)

UK Represent

ApathyEcstasy
yeah, different species of slanteye here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugger
They'd probably some anti-matter stuff that would be like a pipe bomb for them that would really fuck some shit up

lawl carpet bombing our planet from orbit with antimatter weapons

edit: or they could design a biological weapon geared specifically towards killing homo sapiens and leaving everything else untouched and unharmed
8.1%, Chinese growth has over-heated! People are
going to riot in the streets! The CCP is about to fall!

Sanchi

How many people have watched Clerks? Contracters working on the Deathstar anyone?

Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by mofugger
If removing Saddam was never on the table as you claim, then why was he given the ultimatum of leave willingly, or forcefully before the first shot was fired?

Perhaps it was a ploy to make it look like that was the wanted result?

Its not that far fetched to assume that saddam wouldnt leave, thus making the ultimatum a pr move.