General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
The cinematic wasn't bad, it was neat in fact, but they could have done better. I am highly bias however as I don't think anything will beat the Wrath Gate cinematic.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-18-2010, 04:00 AM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#376  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

spoon
KangarooMolester
Kiddie Corral Material
 
spoon's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by arimanius View Post
Agree. This one just didn't hit the mark. All the other cinematics were jaw dropping. Maybe expectations were set to high?

TBC one was fucking awesome. Seeing Illidan, Outlands, etc.

WotLK one was beyond incredible. Amazing music, set an awesome atmosphere for the expansion... So beautifully ironic and incredibly sad having Terenes narrate what he had forseen for Arthas, not knowing what he would become.

Cataclysm had me yawning and somehow not caring.

Edit: I always wanted to know who was singing in the LK cinematic. Her voice is so incredibly beautiful and so very haunting. I would also like to know the lyrics/translation.
__________________
Self Proclaimed King of the Kiddie Corral.

TheDude's Adopted 18k

Myndal is my Adopted 25k

- Proud to be an :18k: -
Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 AM spoon is offline  
Reply With Quote
#377  

Biospider
 
The problem with the Cataclysm cinematic isn't the production value, it's just the lore behind it.

Both TBC and especially WotLK were about concluding storylines that started way the fuck back in WC3:RoC. You know these characters and had a connection to them. Cataclysm is brand new, and Deathwing isn't exactly established as a character - it's no suprise people don't "care".

The vid is still epic, though
Old 10-18-2010, 07:03 AM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#378  

Codesage
 
Codesage's Avatar
 
Deathwing's got just as much lore behind him as Illidan/Arthas, it's just not lore that's really detailed inside the game. So most people just won't know most of it.

edit:
Speaking of which, did they ever go into detail about what happens after you kill Malygos? Am I the only one that is kind of curious as to what happens when you kill the entity that 'controlled' all magic in Azeroth? What happens when you kill the Black Dragon Aspect? He controls the earth...shouldn't the planet fall apart? Or did they wrtie it in somewhere that another member of the flight becomes the Aspect...
Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM Codesage is offline  
Reply With Quote
#379  

Condoner
 
Condoner's Avatar
 
Most people aren't old enough to remember WC2.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:54 AM Condoner is offline  
Reply With Quote
#380  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
I really don't like the 31 point talent trees personally. They might as well just have 6 buttons. 3 PVE and 3 PVP buttons depending on the 'style' of play you want. That's about all the real choice you have when specc'ing anyway.

I don't really see how its any different than the old trees. The game is just a bunch of math, someone will make a spreadsheet and the math will tell you whats best. Not to be a dick; thats what min/maxing is. If you get 10 more dps swapping to another talent, then people will take that talent. Good luck trying to balance multiple talent options that will net the exact same final numbers.

I can spam Healing Surge and Riptide hasted GHW all day long, throw in a couple LBs when damage is low, and never run out of mana, ever. A friend gears for more mana regen and specs for bonus healing off his shocks. Is one way better? It probably depends on the fight, the tank, the healer composition. Will we both be able to take both of the talents at 85? Nope. Instant ghost wolf. 3/7/31.

Or will we sacrifice a huge mobility boost to take other talents? Resto has a lot of good options and you can't take them all while keeping insta ghost wolf and the 3% crit, which will be much more valuable in the expansion.

Also, I think survivability talents will be more valuable in cata. Right now people are LOLPVPTALENT but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the survivability stuff makes a big difference and you'd be hard pressed to spend every talent point on healing or dps. So there are even more decisions to make when speccing. You can swap around for 22% less damage magic damage taken. Is that worth it? 22% is pretty significant. Or how about just the "almost always" 10% damage reduction?
__________________
Bill
Old 10-18-2010, 09:37 AM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#381  

Biospider
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Condoner View Post
Most people aren't old enough to remember WC2.

Pretty much.

Even though it's all the same universe, WC3 and WoW have so far contributed to the same continuous storyline. Everyone PLAYED Illidan's and Arthas' stories before seeing them in WoW. WotLK bring the setup of WC3 to a close and Cataclysm starts fresh by calling back to a character brought in from a 15 year old game (WC2).
Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 AM Biospider is offline  
Reply With Quote
#382  

DigitalMocking
I :plane: M|22

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I don't really see how its any different than the old trees. The game is just a bunch of math, someone will make a spreadsheet and the math will tell you whats best. Not to be a dick; thats what min/maxing is. If you get 10 more dps swapping to another talent, then people will take that talent. Good luck trying to balance multiple talent options that will net the exact same final numbers.

I can spam Healing Surge and Riptide hasted GHW all day long, throw in a couple LBs when damage is low, and never run out of mana, ever. A friend gears for more mana regen and specs for bonus healing off his shocks. Is one way better? It probably depends on the fight, the tank, the healer composition. Will we both be able to take both of the talents at 85? Nope. Instant ghost wolf. 3/7/31.

Or will we sacrifice a huge mobility boost to take other talents? Resto has a lot of good options and you can't take them all while keeping insta ghost wolf and the 3% crit, which will be much more valuable in the expansion.

Also, I think survivability talents will be more valuable in cata. Right now people are LOLPVPTALENT but I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the survivability stuff makes a big difference and you'd be hard pressed to spend every talent point on healing or dps. So there are even more decisions to make when speccing. You can swap around for 22% less damage magic damage taken. Is that worth it? 22% is pretty significant. Or how about just the "almost always" 10% damage reduction?

Oh, no doubt the specs will all wind up the same anyway, I just enjoyed having my offspec be something weird on a few toons for specific fights that required different utility (DK tank with hungering cold for faction champs comes to mind, a specific DK dps spec designed for vile spirits, etc).

In the end the amount of points don't matter, and you'll wind up with less people with completely asstarded specs now that they have to finish a tree out, but it was fun looking at the stupid fucking specs some people would use.
__________________
6f624cfe64bfdec898a859577098a73b [y yuo throw haet :( :(] porn may <3's yuo.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:14 AM DigitalMocking is offline  
Reply With Quote
#383  

Codesage
 
Codesage's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalMocking View Post
Oh, no doubt the specs will all wind up the same anyway, I just enjoyed having my offspec be something weird on a few toons for specific fights that required different utility (DK tank with hungering cold for faction champs comes to mind, a specific DK dps spec designed for vile spirits, etc).

In the end the amount of points don't matter, and you'll wind up with less people with completely asstarded specs now that they have to finish a tree out, but it was fun looking at the stupid fucking specs some people would use.

Yeah, but Blizzard's said for the longest time that they don't want any fights to have a mechanic where a certain class/spec is 'vital'.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:15 AM Codesage is offline  
Reply With Quote
#384  

Bukkakeboy
 
Bukkakeboy's Avatar
 
hehe yeah digital. was browsing through my screenshots one of these days and saw a warrior who had all his points in arms.
wooo!

ps: 15k dps on rotface by spamming moonfire, woo!
__________________
fuck IRL

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy
Old 10-18-2010, 11:31 AM Bukkakeboy is offline  
Reply With Quote
#385  

d4rkspike
<3
 
most of the good talents that were removed from the game are just glyphs now
Old 10-18-2010, 01:02 PM d4rkspike is offline  
Reply With Quote
#386  

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident
 
Bill Brasky's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I can spam Healing Surge and Riptide hasted GHW all day long, throw in a couple LBs when damage is low, and never run out of mana, ever.

Glad to see Shaman haven't changed

I guess I'll go back to mine come Cata
__________________
Nikon DSLR Club: D70

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.
Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM Bill Brasky is offline  
Reply With Quote
#387  

Bill
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Here let me crit heal you with a 1s cast for 20k (and then heal some more with ancestral awakening, oh, and have a buff to help against that physical damage, and maybe even another HoT) for 1k mana. Now I shoot a single LB and get 2k mana back. kthx.
Its pretty :rad: I think there is some "mana efficient" heal we're supposed to use (normal healing wave?) but I don't even have it setup on clique. I'm sure this'll all change in cata. Either way, pewpewing to get mana back means you never run dry, ever, regardless of what you're forced to spam during a really intense part of a fight. Pretty awesome.
__________________
Bill
Old 10-18-2010, 01:53 PM Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote
#388  

Scatman
 
Scatman's Avatar
 
Well I just picked up my first battered hilt ever, what do I wif it?

There's one on the AH and it's going for 3500/6200, maybe just hang on to it for when my lock hits 80?
__________________
Code:[M]ayhem: Owned.
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=804869

"I'm gonna be rich and famous one day when I invent
a device that can be used to stab someone in the
face over the Internet."
Old 10-18-2010, 02:09 PM Scatman is offline  
Reply With Quote
#389  

Reverend Sin
The Man Your Man Could Smell Like
 
Reverend Sin's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatman View Post
Well I just picked up my first battered hilt ever, what do I wif it?

There's one on the AH and it's going for 3500/6200, maybe just hang on to it for when my lock hits 80?

It's easy enough to get a comparable one for a warlock, save it for either a 2H class or a healer. IMO, sell that bitch for as much as you can.
__________________
Proud [M]ember of the Seattle Krew
Член российской [М]афии
Ирландец Кикбоксер
"I'm Irish Wahoo! What does it mean? Ahhh! It means I'm not fuckin' English, that's what it means!"
Old 10-18-2010, 03:21 PM Reverend Sin is offline  
Reply With Quote
#390  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:04 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.