General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Gaming
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Savenor
Look at my tits.

loving the new world changes so far. Darkshore looks pretty cool now. Going through all these revamped zones is a trip down memory lane.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

lonedawg
Stiler

how the hell do I get out of Shatterath/outlands?

I am only lv 34 and had it set as my hearthstone because of the easy portals to all the major cities. However the portals are gone now (with the shattering patch) so I'm stuck here and don't know how to get out and back to the blood elf city.

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
how the hell do I get out of Shatterath/outlands?

I am only lv 34 and had it set as my hearthstone because of the easy portals to all the major cities. However the portals are gone now (with the shattering patch) so I'm stuck here and don't know how to get out and back to the blood elf city.

Get a mage...

Or run to the dark portal for hilarity

Daishi
daishi daishi bo baishi banana fana fo faishi

Would anyone feel like making a new character on another server so I can have a leveling buddy?

Condoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
Would anyone feel like making a new character on another server so I can have a leveling buddy?

No heirlooms no care.

lonedawg
Stiler

Quote:

I'm still getting into the swing of things. What server/faction?

Malakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiler View Post
So, With Cata out soon and the fact I got a decent deal for the CE edition I'm going to give WoW one more go until GW2 is out.

I have vanilla WoW and TBC. My old characters I got to around lv 30-40'ish before leaving last time.

With Cata will I need to get WOTLK or what? Also what's with the Death Knight class? I looked at some videos of the Worgen (which is the race I plan to try out this time) and the worgen death knight's look awesome, however I heard it's only for lv 55+?

I really want to try and get up to the end game this time and get a flying mount and everthhing.

Is there still an active genmay guild for the game or what? Anyone in a good active guild that usually has people playing mots of the time and actively doing things? I'd like to try it one more last time with a good guild to play with before completely throwing it out.

If you have never gotten a character to the end game (max lvl) of whatever version you played, than you really did not experience wow at all. The leveling is just there for fun, learning the lore and your class and the world, ect. The real game starts at max lvl. Lvl60 was pretty boring IMO, but TBC's level 70 was a blast (a lot more fun than 80 was), level 80 in wrath was ok too, but it was just too easy. Way to many tank n spank/easy mode raids, and heroics were a plain joke difficulty wise.

Cata is supposed to be bringing difficulty back into the endgame which I am looking forward too. I do not mind if good gear is relatively easy to get, but I want the content to take more than just good gear. In TBC, a guild clearing SSC and TK consistently (25 man only's at the time) had some skill as well as organization.. in wrath any guild and lots of pugs were/are consistently clearing all content.

But still, the game is the endgame, leveling is just there as an introduction. and sort of a mini-game before the real game starts.

And of course no real pvp starts until max lvl with arenas, bg's, ect + new cata stuff waiting.

raven01

Quote:

What hours do you play? My guild on Chromaggus doesn't have many people leveling so I wouldn't mind going on a diff server. Would suck without the heirlooms but no biggie.

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakai View Post
If you have never gotten a character to the end game (max lvl) of whatever version you played, than you really did not experience wow at all. The leveling is just there for fun, learning the lore and your class and the world, ect. The real game starts at max lvl. Lvl60 was pretty boring IMO, but TBC's level 70 was a blast (a lot more fun than 80 was), level 80 in wrath was ok too, but it was just too easy. Way to many tank n spank/easy mode raids, and heroics were a plain joke difficulty wise.

Cata is supposed to be bringing difficulty back into the endgame which I am looking forward too. I do not mind if good gear is relatively easy to get, but I want the content to take more than just good gear. In TBC, a guild clearing SSC and TK consistently (25 man only's at the time) had some skill as well as organization.. in wrath any guild and lots of pugs were/are consistently clearing all content.

But still, the game is the endgame, leveling is just there as an introduction. and sort of a mini-game before the real game starts.

And of course no real pvp starts until max lvl with arenas, bg's, ect + new cata stuff waiting.

I think they brought back the difficulty to early levels too. I remember blowing by the low level instances, chain pulling lots of groups, grabbing the entire cathedral in SM in one pull... you can't do that anymore. Makes leveling way more interesting now. Healers run out of mana, too. Heirlooms don't seem to make a huge difference either for healing or tanking (dps is a totally different story - 150dps @ lvl 20 vs. 50dps ). I love it. For me, leveling was the most fun part of the game... I'm trying it without heirlooms right now. It makes getting that new sword or shield or chestpiece that much more fun. You all should try it!

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Biospider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
I think they brought back the difficulty to early levels too. I remember blowing by the low level instances, chain pulling lots of groups, grabbing the entire cathedral in SM in one pull... you can't do that anymore. Makes leveling way more interesting now. Healers run out of mana, too. Heirlooms don't seem to make a huge difference either for healing or tanking (dps is a totally different story - 150dps @ lvl 20 vs. 50dps ). I love it. For me, leveling was the most fun part of the game... I'm trying it without heirlooms right now. It makes getting that new sword or shield or chestpiece that much more fun. You all should try it!

I cannot wait to level like that.
In entirely new zones.
With revamped talent trees.
And every change I haven't seen since I quit at the end of TBC.

The only part that's gonna suck is leveling in Outland - the only part I will have already seen

raven01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biospider View Post
I cannot wait to level like that.
In entirely new zones.
With revamped talent trees.
And every change I haven't seen since I quit at the end of TBC.

The only part that's gonna suck is leveling in Outland - the only part I will have already seen

That's the point you throw on the heirlooms if you have them. I imagine BC will be even more boring after all the changes to the old world.

Bill

extra 80
portable holes
server transfer
profit!

Depending on my time and 85 activity I might do it to see the old world (I'm out of character slots on my current server lulz.)

Bill Brasky
He killed Wolfman Jack with a trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
extra 80
portable holes
server transfer
profit!

Depending on my time and 85 activity I might do it to see the old world (I'm out of character slots on my current server lulz.)

Do you buy herbs to mill? I find I pretty much have to, especially for the glyphs that require the low level inks. I don't know why they made the ink trader lady only take cata inks when it's not even out yet

Sucks because I don't have any of those inks anymore. I should have created a backstock...

Also, is there a list somewhere of the most popular glyphs used? It's getting kind of old making a few glyphs that'll never sell, no matter the price.

I'm a Son of a Bitch and you fucking love me for it.

Bill

I have roughly 10k "old" inks. ~5k are ethereal

Use APM, click summary, click glyphs. Click expensive ones to add to craft queue.

lonedawg
Stiler

What's a good UI mod to get? Really just like my UI to look very simple, clean, not any baggage or uneeded graphics or anything and the ability to resize/change opaque, etc.