General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
My plan is all based on synergist training. Back/biceps, chest/triceps, then legs/shoulders. I won't put the whole plan on here since that's probably enough for you to recognize exactly what it is. I'm probably not at a point in training where I can do muscle prioritization but I'm sure one day I'll be contacting you for an updated plan

Are you still doing a 3 days on 2 days off lifting schedule?

I did a similar version of your plan for the first 4 years of my training life. Now I do a 5 day a week training schedule (5 on, that is)

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I did a similar version of your plan for the first 4 years of my training life. Now I do a 5 day a week training schedule (5 on, that is)

OK cool. I'm only about a year in right now. If you weren't competing would you have still made the switch to a muscle prioritization routine??

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by g|aSsJaw View Post
OK cool. I'm only about a year in right now. If you weren't competing would you have still made the switch to a muscle prioritization routine??

Probably

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
Probably

Tired of the same routine all those years or do you like the results better with muscle prioritization?

SKYY

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezy View Post
Day 8 -

*Snip*

Replacing oatmeal with jellybeans isn't too counter productive though, so I'm not worried. Progress pictures aren't coming until day 30 though, but I'm taking them at regular intervals.

Heh, a "Warrior" dieter eating Jelly Beans.

Just pointing out teh irony. Keep up the good work.

Clos
cheezy

SKYY - I'm not following the Warrior Diet by any means, I'm just fitting all my nutrition in a 7-8 hour chunk. I make sure I get enough protein and fats, then carbs, but I'm not very picky on what I eat. I make sure I'm satisfied and not eating the same bland foods over and over. Weight gain and loss is as simple as calories in vs calories out, and as long as I get enough protein to spare or build muscle, I'm lenient with how "clean" a dish is.

Death is imminent, and I try to live my life to where I'm satisfied.

Clos
cheezy

Day 10 -

Still eating at a deficit, and saw a weekly 10lb bench and 5lb squat gain.

225x3 bench, 300x3 squat. I'm still learning to use the proper technique that I run through my head, and my arch is becoming more flexible and noticeable. Squats were not hard, and I should have gone ahead and done 315.

I'm taking a week off to go on vacation, so Monday the 16th I'll start the week off with 225x5 bench and ~300x5 squat. I'll find some kind of exercise to do during the week, and I'll continue an IF diet and calorie deficit.

Also, I picked two USAPL competitions I'm aiming for. Regional meet in November, where I hope to total with a 1200, which will allow me to lift next July in the Raw Nationals, where I'm aiming for 1300-1325. I believe my goals of 400/300/500 are practical by November time frame.

Gibonius

Quote:
Day 10 -

Still eating at a deficit, and saw a weekly 10lb bench and 5lb squat gain.

225x3 bench, 300x3 squat. I'm still learning to use the proper technique that I run through my head, and my arch is becoming more flexible and noticeable. Squats were not hard, and I should have gone ahead and done 315.

I'm taking a week off to go on vacation, so Monday the 16th I'll start the week off with 225x5 bench and ~300x5 squat. I'll find some kind of exercise to do during the week, and I'll continue an IF diet and calorie deficit.

Also, I picked two USAPL competitions I'm aiming for. Regional meet in November, where I hope to total with a 1200, which will allow me to lift next July in the Raw Nationals, where I'm aiming for 1300-1325. I believe my goals of 400/300/500 are practical by November time frame.

What body weight are you shooting for with those numbers? Seems reasonable to hit 1200 in seven months, depending on how much weight you want to cut.

I hit a pretty bad plateau once I got my total up to 1200. It was fun getting there, but I was just doing powerlifting for the hell of it while I looked for another sport. My body really wanted to just blow up as I got stronger, and I had a hard time getting stronger without getting huge (which I didn't want).

Clos
cheezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
What body weight are you shooting for with those numbers? Seems reasonable to hit 1200 in seven months, depending on how much weight you want to cut.

I hit a pretty bad plateau once I got my total up to 1200. It was fun getting there, but I was just doing powerlifting for the hell of it while I looked for another sport. My body really wanted to just blow up as I got stronger, and I had a hard time getting stronger without getting huge (which I didn't want).

I'll compete at 198 for both competitions. The one in Nov is an equipped meet, but a dozen or so people show up to lift raw, just for a total for nationals. I'm hoping to be a pretty solid 205-215 by next July, which will be an easy water cut to 198.

After next July, I'd like to start putting on weight to compete in the 220 class. I feel I'm too tall at 5'10 to be reasonably competitive in 198.

If all goes well by Nov, I'd like to eat a little over maintenance and shoot for 500/350/600! I want get get relatively lean and stay there, though.

Gibonius

Quote:
I'll compete at 198 for both competitions. The one in Nov is an equipped meet, but a dozen or so people show up to lift raw, just for a total for nationals. I'm hoping to be a pretty solid 205-215 by next July, which will be an easy water cut to 198.
What you at now?
Quote:
After next July, I'd like to start putting on weight to compete in the 220 class. I feel I'm too tall at 5'10 to be reasonably competitive in 198.

If all goes well by Nov, I'd like to eat a little over maintenance and shoot for 500/350/600! I want get get relatively lean and stay there, though.
The disc injury really did me in, but I'd pretty much quit on powerlifting as a sport just from noticing that my body wanted to get too damn big as I got stronger. Wasn't really worth it for a hobby to me, it was really limiting my ability to play other sports effectively. Being 230 lbs is bad enough, getting up to 250+ as I saw myself doing if I wanted to compete would just be ridiculous. It would have been kind of neat to be 250 lbs and 12% BF, but I could see my general athletic ability dropping just from going from 220 to 230 and had no desire to go any farther.

Good luck though, it's a neat sport if you have the personality and body type for it. And intact discs in your back

Clos
cheezy

206 this morning. Most likely going to cut to 190, or whenever my strength stop increasing. It's about 3 more months of cutting, which I really don't enjoy, but I'll suck it up to make it to <15%. I'm not looking for abs. I definitely regret leaving the gym last year though. I'm still ~75lb off my squat and deadlift, and it's depressing having to struggle with weights that flew up with ease before.

Best Person in America
I'm a stupid fuck!

Quote:
I have slightly different goals than Vendetta, but this comment is baseless. How long do you suspect it is until my IF diet does a 180 and I start losing muscle and strength? I'm on my 4th week in the gym after a year break, eating under maintenance calories, and my lifts are still going up. Show me some science, will you? No one said IF is superior to a traditional 3 meal or 6 meal feeding schedule, but I did say it isn't necessarily inferior.

Well from skimming your posts it looks like you are a powerlifter. Powerlifting and bodybuilding are two very different things. If your goal is to enter a bodybuilding comp the best thing to do is eat every couple hours and before and after workouts. If you do this you will feel your body change into an anabolic state, you will grow muscle like a bitch, your metabolism will increase and you will always be STARVING. This is the way pro body builders diet, and yes their bodys are huge and very inefficient, meaning it's a pain in the ass to maintain unnatural amounts of muscle because you have to eat all the time. I am absolutely certain this is law and there is no other way to get better results as a bodybuilder.

Good luck with your powerlifting but be careful doing those heavy low sets only 4 weeks in from a year off period.

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Person in America View Post
I am absolutely certain this is law and there is no other way to get better results as a bodybuilder.

There are some bodybuilders who don't eat like that. Nothing is "law" in nutrition, especially when you start looking at genetic freaks like professional bodybuilders and athletes.

PapaBear

Quote:
Drawing conclusions from baseless assumptions is a good way to get nowhere - fast.
I can't believe the research article turned out to be a feghoot.

Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Best Person in America View Post
I am absolutely certain this is law and there is no other way to get better results as a bodybuilder.

Prove it with empirical research. In contradition to the studies I posted. As I've said. I've been a proponent of multi-meal days for years, it's what I recommend to my clients. However, I also understand the gaps in empirical research that come from well-designed research studies.

To say "I'm certain this is law and thats that" is just , and it's blind.