General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Bone Closet
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Assyrian

How's the no breakfast thing go?

Can I actually just move the window to 8AM-2PM? Would this be counter productive? I'm really interested in this. I am coming off a bulk and want to start cutting.

Let me know.

twitter.com/thespazz

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Apologies for not updating this religiously, I'm preparing to defend my dissertation in two weeks and am already moving towards my departure from the county.

The diet is going well--I took a week off recently for a camping trip, so I cannot reflect on effectiveness with that cog in the mix (I went with my girlfriend and two friends, and they literally brought 2 weeks worth of food for five days. Sooo stuffed)

I've adapted to the diet quite well, I do not have many hunger pains. I take the schedule day to day, if I think I should start an hour earlier or an hour later one day, I do it, I just maintain the six hour window.

I've lost roughly 8 pounds, but I do not know if it is a result of the diet or increases in athleticism because of the warming weather. I periodically question the legitimacy of the diet, as I dont know specifically how the impact can establish metabolically. Regardless, the diet seems to more accurately reflect how I prefer to eat, schedule wise.

No drop in strength, that I can tell.

Clos
cheezy

Beautiful day out today, and wonderful energy in the gym. This is the second time I went early, and it's been better. I might start making a trend of it.

335x3 ATG squats were easy, I honestly felt I could have done 6-8 of them. No hitching, excessive leaning forward or back involvement.

I decided to try some dumbbell bench, because I haven't done any since I've been back in the gym. Started with 70's and made it up to 90's, and I think I had the 95's or 100's in me.

Did some rows and dips too. I forgot to get a morning weight, sorry.

Butthole Eliminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendetta View Post
I periodically question the legitimacy of the diet, as I dont know specifically how the impact can establish metabolically. Regardless, the diet seems to more accurately reflect how I prefer to eat, schedule wise.

No drop in strength, that I can tell.

I think this is how all the different diets out there should be. There isn't one cookie cutter diet for all. Different people have different schedules, tastes, eating habits, different bodies, different goals, one's eating should be adapted to his/her lifestyle, not the other way around.

There are numerous legit diets, the Warrior Diet, the Zone, Paleo, Ketogenic... which are all more or less complicated and which all produce more or less of the desired results. It's only about preference and if you're getting the results that you want and not feeling bad from it at all, then there's no reason to stop just because its not for someone else

Clos
cheezy

I decided I'm going in mornings M W F now on. Changes my window a LOT though.

335x5 ATG squat was super freakin easy, just like they were Friday. Doing 355x3 Friday, maybe 365x5 if I feel it.

Benched the dumbbells today again, and I like them better than the bar. Did 75, 85, 95, and 100x5. That's as high as they go though, so it's back to the bar Friday.

425x4-5 deadlift set for Wednesday. I'm sneaking chalk in. Also, I'm eating too much =(

Impulse Rxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrian View Post
How's the no breakfast thing go?

Can I actually just move the window to 8AM-2PM? Would this be counter productive? I'm really interested in this. I am coming off a bulk and want to start cutting.

Let me know.

I would think it would depend on the structure of your day. If you work until five and then tend to be active thereafter, I would think you might have energy issues by time you hit your 7:00 workout. Conversely, I would think it would be very difficult to adjust to eating that heavy of a breakfast that early. No doubt, no matter the time period, the transition would be difficult in terms of managing hunger, but I know that personally, as I eat a light breakfast pretty consistently, heavy breakfasts wreck havoc on my stomach.

[M]ilitary [M]ayhem
1A2- C-5 Loadmaster

Assyrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse Rxn View Post
I would think it would depend on the structure of your day. If you work until five and then tend to be active thereafter, I would think you might have energy issues by time you hit your 7:00 workout. Conversely, I would think it would be very difficult to adjust to eating that heavy of a breakfast that early. No doubt, no matter the time period, the transition would be difficult in terms of managing hunger, but I know that personally, as I eat a light breakfast pretty consistently, heavy breakfasts wreck havoc on my stomach.
I'm active for most of the morning. I have classes and am on my feet for a while from 9-3. I would probably end up working out at the end of my window.

Hmm...

twitter.com/thespazz

CarlosC

Bump.

Clos
cheezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlosC View Post
Bump.

I quit bumping it with my progress because no one seems interested.

Anyways, I'm still doing this and my lifts are still going up. My squat has improved greatly. Monday I did 345x5. I'm going back to deadlifting every other week. Did 430x3 last week because my grip gave out. I'm going to sneak in chalk next week and do 435x5. Did good mornings today instead.

On the 16th I'll take a new picture for a 2nd month of progress. I'm not losing any fat because I'm eating a lot.

Whizzleteets
I'll teach you to be happy! I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!

don't assume lack of thread activity means nobody's interested. i've been reading this thread every time i see a new post.
[IMG]http://www.uploderx.net/dphrag/whizzlewtf397921.jpg[/IMG]
follow mentner on twitter if you're not a giant fagmo.

Bukkakeboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizzleteets View Post
don't assume lack of thread activity means nobody's interested. i've been reading this thread every time i see a new post.

even for this post?

this is the internet... and someone is WRONG on it

-Tongboy

Vendetta
That's "Doctor Vendetta" to you

Things are still going well for me, I start my window whenever I am hungry, and then close it 6 hours later. I am still considering however beginning a day with a protein shake and then ending the night with a protein shake (both whey) to just get some nutrients in me.

This diet allows me the opportunity to eat more "normal people" food rather than super clean. I enjoy that. The fat loss isn't lightning fast as the alternative of course, but I also don't tun into super douche and snap at random people on the street, as I normally do when dieting.

My body is entering my known phase of contest fat loss preparation. I lost a general weight sense from all over my body--legs, stomach, back, upper body. Now the weight is melting from my back and chest and arms. Muscle definition is getting very good on those areas. The 3rd phase should be the last bit from my legs and then it finishes with my stomach area.

Energy levels are as normal as ever. Then again, I'm not powerlifting. I did my standard 300 on the bench, 300 squat, and 1000 leg press.

Considering tabling all back exercises and just reincorporating the deadlift as the ONLY lift for back that day. I kind of want to bring my core up just a little bit.

Assyrian

Quote:
Energy levels are as normal as ever. Then again, I'm not powerlifting. I did my standard 300 on the bench, 300 squat, and 1000 leg press.

Eyyyyyy! Pretty standard!

twitter.com/thespazz

skadeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assyrian View Post
Eyyyyyy! Pretty standard!

hahah that's what I was thinking too.

g|aSsJaw
NEW YORK GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS, ELI MANNING SUPERBOWL 42 MVP

Quote:

Considering tabling all back exercises and just reincorporating the deadlift as the ONLY lift for back that day. I kind of want to bring my core up just a little bit.

I wish 300 on the bench was my "standard"

What are you doing for your back right now?? I've always wondered if just deadlifting would be enough to get a really nice back, or if you have to do more.