General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

dvq
Berticus and wigglesworth are my bitches. But im Pidge's Bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroks
About two weeks ago on the field I was clocked at around 480 when just starting on the field, luckly the guy helping me knew about cutting the spring since I've never knew that you could accomplish this.

Christ man lol, you had to cut your spring, as in it was so heavy your velocity gov was backed out all the way? I'm surprised those of you doing 450+fps on cockers and whatnot aren't blowing your valve/cupseal first.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

gReen

diearzte2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gReen

For a shitty gun......

If anyone has any real questions I can answer them. I have been playing competitevly locally for 4 years now and at AM status for the past year. I can deal with most matrices, timmys, angels or blowbacks.

If anyone has any questions about tournament paintball feel free to ask me.

If anyone has any questions about equipment feel free to ask. I dont have a full sponsorship yet from a specific company so all opinions are unbiased. The only sponsorships i have are through fields so if you are looking for a field in MN you are going to be directed to Northside Sports.

I can answer most anything about paintball.

Edit: oh and actual injury statistics...
SPORT Yearly injuries per 1000 Participants

Water Skiing 260.84
Lacrosse 223.79
Wrestling 36.46
Rugby 31.21
Football 30.17
Baseball 28.42
Hockey 21.92
Basketball 19.76
Soccer 12.59
Boxing 11.34
Bicycle Riding 11.71
Gymnastics 10.49
Volleyball 4.03
Ice Skating 3.83
Snowmobiling 3.52
Snow Skiing 2.99
Racquetball 2.77
Tennis 2.77
Handball 1.92
Fishing 1.43
Swimming 1.34
Golf 1.22
Archery 0.85
Boating 0.75
Bowling 0.47
Paintball 0.24

And paintball is now more popular then snowboarding, i think the source was Maxim

Last edited by diearzte2; 10-28-2005 at 06:09 AM..

TheDon

Quote:
Originally Posted by diearzte2
For a shitty gun......

If anyone has any real questions I can answer them. I have been playing competitevly locally for 4 years now and at AM status for the past year. I can deal with most matrices, timmys, angels or blowbacks.

If anyone has any questions about tournament paintball feel free to ask me.

If anyone has any questions about equipment feel free to ask. I dont have a full sponsorship yet from a specific company so all opinions are unbiased. The only sponsorships i have are through fields so if you are looking for a field in MN you are going to be directed to Northside Sports.

I can answer most anything about paintball.

Aim: diearzte2
Email: ball0241@umn.edu

Edit: oh and actual injury statistics...
SPORT Yearly injuries per 1000 Participants

Water Skiing 260.84
Lacrosse 223.79
Wrestling 36.46
Rugby 31.21
Football 30.17
Baseball 28.42
Hockey 21.92
Basketball 19.76
Soccer 12.59
Boxing 11.34
Bicycle Riding 11.71
Gymnastics 10.49
Volleyball 4.03
Ice Skating 3.83
Snowmobiling 3.52
Snow Skiing 2.99
Racquetball 2.77
Tennis 2.77
Handball 1.92
Fishing 1.43
Swimming 1.34
Golf 1.22
Archery 0.85
Boating 0.75
Bowling 0.47
Paintball 0.24

And paintball is now more popular then snowboarding, i think the source was Maxim

Wow, water skiing? Didnt see that comming.

Kiwi

Ahh I find it kind of funny that some you guys would even play at anything above 300. Yeah I know about Ramping and what not where you can get it up to 315 in game, but most lense are only rated at 330 if you lucky. And getting shot at that speed is really bad, not only for the the guy gettting hit but the guy's gat gets messed up on the insides.

But eitherway, if you guys need help with some Shockers or DM4's let me know.

mattyfatty182
I love the type of men that have big dicks while at the same time have a great personality. I am the

DO NOT CUT YOUR FUCKING SPRINGS.

Jesus, you idiot. Half the people here use Co2. In different conditions, Co2 will give you different pressures, espicially on the Spyders/Spyder Clones. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who brought me their Spyders wondering why the gun wouldnt chrono above 160fps.

Time for a new spring!

Avoid cutting your spring like the plague.

EDIT:

I was an AGD nut at one time....haven't played in a couple of years.

Ules
I love milk and the memories of sucking my mother's breasts

nevermind

Last edited by Ules; 04-22-2005 at 01:16 PM..

jroks

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyfatty182
DO NOT CUT YOUR FUCKING SPRINGS.

Jesus, you idiot. Half the people here use Co2. In different conditions, Co2 will give you different pressures, espicially on the Spyders/Spyder Clones. You wouldn't believe the amount of people who brought me their Spyders wondering why the gun wouldnt chrono above 160fps.

Time for a new spring!

Avoid cutting your spring like the plague.

EDIT:

I was an AGD nut at one time....haven't played in a couple of years.

Dude you need to take a chill pill, the spring can be replaced for less than a dime. So what if I had mine cut? I didn't want to deal with replacing the spring itself with another just easier to pull out the bolt and cut the spring on the spot.

jroks

Quote:
Originally Posted by danvuquoc
Christ man lol, you had to cut your spring, as in it was so heavy your velocity gov was backed out all the way? I'm surprised those of you doing 450+fps on cockers and whatnot aren't blowing your valve/cupseal first.

I backed that damn spring out all the way and still was above 400fps, the only thing left was to either cut the spring or replace it with a weaker one. Frankly it was faster and easier for me to actually cut my spring than walk all the way back to my car to get another spring.

Davidelmo

I played paintballing a few weeks ago for the first time.

It was fun but the thing that spoilt it was the goggles steaming up.
Any way to stop that?

Praxis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidelmo
I played paintballing a few weeks ago for the first time.

It was fun but the thing that spoilt it was the goggles steaming up.
Any way to stop that?

Go buy a pair of vforce armors for $20. Or if you plan on playing a lot one of their better models. I use a profiler myself and never have fogging problems.

Davidelmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis
Go buy a pair of vforce armors for $20. Or if you plan on playing a lot one of their better models. I use a profiler myself and never have fogging problems.

That could be worth it, even though I will probably only play 2-3 times a year. It would give me one HELL of an advantage over everyone else

One frequently asked question is "how much does it hurt?"
I would say the pain factor is just right.

It hurts enough that you dont want to be hit if you can help it. That stops you doing anything completely reckless, and makes you have to *think* a little more before you do something.

But the pain isnt so bad that you are terrified of moving and end up cowering behind a tree for the whole game. You would still be willing to take chances.

mattyfatty182
I love the type of men that have big dicks while at the same time have a great personality. I am the

Quote:
That could be worth it, even though I will probably only play 2-3 times a year. It would give me one HELL of an advantage over everyone else

It hurts enough that you dont want to be hit if you can help it. That stops you doing anything completely reckless, and makes you have to *think* a little more before you do something.

But the pain isnt so bad that you are terrified of moving and end up cowering behind a tree for the whole game. You would still be willing to take chances.
I have always liked JT goggles more than anything else.

The Flex/Fog resistant are the best...thats what I used when we used to play tourney ball.

Praxis

Quote:

I play so much getting hit doesn't even make me flinch. I get bunkered I just get pissed not hurt. Plus there are always the lovely bonus balls when walking off. I could careless unless they hit my gun or goggles.

Cyanide Ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxis
I play so much getting hit doesn't even make me flinch. I get bunkered I just get pissed not hurt. Plus there are always the lovely bonus balls when walking off. I could careless unless they hit my gun or goggles.

For those that piss me off, I like making mental notes the next time we meet on the feild.

I never tell people to get out, I keep shooting until they get out and then say "thank you"