General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Fhattothe///M3Crasher

It's an absolute DREAM to drive. Every element of "Wow, so this is how a BMW is better than the other shitboxen I've always driven" that I experienced when I first got the Cockster is... Even better in this car.

I do not know what this aftermarket exhaust is exactly, but I see no reason to change it. It is shouty and loud when I romp on it, it doesnt' done on the freeway...

The intake and exhaust noises.. H.o.l.y.F.U.C.K...!!! Orgasmic.

here's the text from the CL ad...

Quote:
1. Reinforced sub frame= around 4k
2. Varstoen wheels on low pro tires
3. German CSL brake package only comes on german cars
4. Vogtland progressive rate drop springs
5. Aero exaust with anodized tips
6. Carbonio carbon fiber intake
7. Custom front bumper two holes go to brake ducts for added brake cooling
8. Custom Colby steering wheel
9. M3 short shifter
10. German fold up side mirrors. They only came on german models. Linked to key fob. Tap it twice mirrors fold Up and convertible top closes with windows. Dealer can program different settings for the key fob for about 200$ if u don't want to it set to the top an windows.
11. German flag colored badging and others I'm probsbly forgetting off the top of my head like dinavin 2 upgrade DVD.cd player navi system. Seat heaters. Tinted windows new passenger side window motor was also done recently. Glass rear window on the top, so no problems with the typical plastic. Pretty much every upgrade has been done to this car.
Problems:
The wheels rub going over bumps... I think that's gonna drive me fucking batty, not to mention potential tire failure? dunno... I'll prob be trading them away. I love the design, just wish they werent' so monstrously huge. The top squeaks a bit when extending/popping it back... What else... Traction control is obnoxious, and kicks on at completely inappropriate times. It's almost like it's not even waiting for any actual loss of traction, it jumps in ahead of time, and it comes down HARD.

The M Roadster went back to the dude I bought it from, he'll be plucking parts off of it for his own M Roadster, returning mine to stock then selling it... He fronted the price difference which I'll be paying off. Much less "aggressive" of a payment plan. Will be easy for me to pay off, and I will still have money to flush on mods/repairs.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Sup

so tires/wheels then what is next

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Stereo/nav has no aux in... I need aux in... Key needs reprogramming.. Replace gay cabron fibre roundels (again....) Uhhh hmm... Will know more tomorrow.

Should prolly do a tip to tail fluid change asap as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Triple B

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Traction control is obnoxious, and kicks on at completely inappropriate times. It's almost like it's not even waiting for any actual loss of traction, it jumps in ahead of time, and it comes down HARD.

turn it off

RazorWind

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhEttOrAiD View Post
Stereo/nav has no aux in... I need aux in... Key needs reprogramming.. Replace gay cabron fibre roundels (again....) Uhhh hmm... Will know more tomorrow.

Should prolly do a tip to tail fluid change asap as well.

Does it have the stock radio?

There's a BMW part that adds an aux in port to the stock one. It costs about $35 at the dealer, and my local dealer actually just stocks it. Installation is pretty easy - it just plugs into the back of the stock head unit, and then you drill a little hole to mount the other end wherever you want it. I put mine in the glove box.

I think you can reprogram the key yourself. I bought an extra key when I bought my car, and the only thing you really need the dealer for is to sell you a key with the right chip for the immobilizer. The dealer did it for me when I went to pick up the extra key, but there's a procedure where you cycle the ignition switch on and off a few times with the old key, and then hit buttons on the new one, or something.

IcW@teR
Ice Cool

neato always wanted one

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Nope. Too much wheelgap
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

dipshit.
royjr
65/m/furry looking for 12/m/top

Oh yeah,....it's still not going to help get you laid, sooooo.........
"I'm done here fuck all of you faggots." -GhEttOrAiD 07-16-2014, 05:10 PM.

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

You got some sour cream on the lens of your potato phone...looks more like a bigfoot sighting. (especially interior)

However it does look pretty good for a vert, but those wheels are borderline ghettoriffic. A car that size doesn't really need anything larger than 18"

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/········\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Does it have the stock radio?

There's a BMW part that adds an aux in port to the stock one. It costs about $35 at the dealer, and my local dealer actually just stocks it. Installation is pretty easy - it just plugs into the back of the stock head unit, and then you drill a little hole to mount the other end wherever you want it. I put mine in the glove box.

I think you can reprogram the key yourself. I bought an extra key when I bought my car, and the only thing you really need the dealer for is to sell you a key with the right chip for the immobilizer. The dealer did it for me when I went to pick up the extra key, but there's a procedure where you cycle the ignition switch on and off a few times with the old key, and then hit buttons on the new one, or something.

Yeah i know exactly the part youre talking about. I will check it out today.

The key still operates the locks, but apparently it was also supposed to drop the top, flip the mirrors, roll the windows up and down. P/o couldn't get it to work when he tried. He said it costs a couple hundred to have stealership do it.

Last edited by GhEttOrAiD; 09-19-2015 at 09:42 AM..

BlisterDick
boobie poo bear luv hugs

yeah wheels are black guy status

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

yeah

I personally LOVE the spokes, one of my all time fave designs, but... rubbing = No. Could probably have been avoided if they were a tad narrower? idk.

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Drivetrain HECK
Transmission MECH
Color STEEL gray metallic (400)
Upholstery Teilleder WN / BLACK (N5SW)
Production Date 2002-10-19

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM

Hahahhahahaha fuck... Not going to remove dsc completely, just tapping it once is good enough

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax

trying to be like BFlaps i see