General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > Armageddon and Survival
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth

Hmmm... I know a bunch of guys that did 1 or more tours in Iraq with EOs and none of them said anything about reliability issues. Interesting.

Regardless, I doubt it will be a problem. This is my personal rifle and I don't plan on beating the shit out of it- if the world turns Mad Max we will all be shooting iron sights soon enough anyway that it won't really matter about batteries or battery contacts.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

BPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Care to elaborate?

Do they not deliver the hours of usage they advertise?

I've had to change batteries in them every time I've pulled them out of storage. Just a pain in the ass. Had one on a HD rifle and after 2 battery failures gave up and sold the two I had.

Hell I have some $75 Hakko Tacpoints that are 4 years old and the battery still works fine

I have some beat to hell Aimpoint M68s that work fine, but will just be buying more Trijicons from now on.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

00 Buck

Quote:
Hmmm... I know a bunch of guys that did 1 or more tours in Iraq with EOs and none of them said anything about reliability issues. Interesting.

Regardless, I doubt it will be a problem. This is my personal rifle and I don't plan on beating the shit out of it- if the world turns Mad Max we will all be shooting iron sights soon enough anyway that it won't really matter about batteries or battery contacts.

Just save up for an aimpoint; leave it on the desired setting, and change the battery every year or two.

Firehawk0220

Quote:

The reliability thing was more of an issue with pre-Revision F EOTech sights. I've got two EOTech's and they are fine. Though I really have come to prefer Aimpoint sights over the EOTech.

BPJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk0220 View Post
The reliability thing was more of an issue with pre-Revision F EOTech sights. I've got two EOTech's and they are fine. Though I really have come to prefer Aimpoint sights over the EOTech.

Well in their defense, mine were pre F revisions.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED

New addition:

Firehawk0220

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPJ View Post
Well in their defense, mine were pre F revisions.

Well the revision F models aren't much if any better about battery life. They have fixed the durability issues that some people claimed to have experienced though.

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehawk0220 View Post
Well the revision F models aren't much if any better about battery life. They have fixed the durability issues that some people claimed to have experienced though.

In the interest of science, I've been turning mine on for 8 hours every single day to see how long the batteries last.

Gearhead
god of welders and keeper of the magical torch

it may not hold more than 5 rounds, but with a 12" barrel... its pretty damn evil and sneaky...

Zombie Outbreak Response Team: Urban Division

McMahan

Some nice hardware in this thread!

Here is my latest POF bulid, not quite finished as far as accessories go but right now I'm funneling all of my funds into shit that will probably be banned pretty soon:

?psalus
Apsalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post

Here is my latest POF bulid, not quite finished as far as accessories go but right now I'm funneling all of my funds into shit that will probably be banned pretty soon:

Fucking

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMahan View Post

Specs!?

McMahan

Quote:
Specs!?

Howís your Eotech battery experiment going? Iím curious to see what kind of life you get out of that bad boy. Iím kind of an Aimpoint guy myself these days but I do like the Eotech reticle quite a bit. Iíve got one on one of my shotties and itís pretty sweet to try and match up the spread to the outside circle. My only issue has been that the battery life didnít seem to be very impressive but Iím hoping that newer revisions will start to address this.

As far as build specs, letís see-
POF Gen III lower with ambi-bolt release
RRA lower parts kit
RRA 2-stage match trigger
Magpul MIAD grip
VLTOR E-Mod stock
POF QCB piston upper with 14.5 barrel / perm-attached FH / 11 inch Predator rail system

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps

So far so good... I turn it on with "up" button so it turns off automatically after 8 hours every day. No problems so far, but I've only been doing this for a couple weeks now, so I didn't expect to see any change yet. Today I picked up a Tango Down combat grip that I also plan on storing 2 fresh batteries in at all times. I don't expect the batteries to be a big issue... but I will definitely keep doing this until the batteries croak and update. As I mentioned before, when the zombie apocalypse comes we'll all be using iron sights after all the batteries run out anyway.

Sweet rifle, dude.

00 Buck

Quote:
As I mentioned before, when the zombie apocalypse comes we'll all be using iron sights after all the batteries run out anyway.

Not me, my larue mount has a compartment with an aimpoint battery in it + one in the aimpoint so I'm good for at least 6-8 years.

Iron sights are caveman stuff. Can't imagine being able to do 7+ shots at close range in a second and a half with those. With decent accuracy anyway.