Originally Posted by CommiePunk View Post
and get a big ass scope

that's where the majority of the money will be spent

Social Misfit
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkins View Post
that's where the majority of the money will be spent

Thats silly...My dad has killed more than 100 whitetail deer with nothing more than a Ruger 77 and an $80 Tasco World Class scope. Are you wanting a target rifle or a hunting rifle? I couldn't take a $1000 scope out in the woods.

SmashingPumpkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Social Misfit View Post
Thats silly...My dad has killed more than 100 whitetail deer with nothing more than a Ruger 77 and an $80 Tasco World Class scope. Are you wanting a target rifle or a hunting rifle? I couldn't take a $1000 scope out in the woods.

both. not everyone shoots deer at 100 yards

I can kill with less, but I want this to serve both as a hunting rifle and a long range target rifle.

I don't see the point in buying 2 when i can just get one

Social Misfit
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashingPumpkins View Post
both. not everyone shoots deer at 100 yards

I can kill with less, but I want this to serve both as a hunting rifle and a long range target rifle.

I don't see the point in buying 2 when i can just get one

Well...To each their own, I guess. I'd be cryin' if I took an $800 Leupold or similar out in the woods and got it all scratched up, espesially when a sub-$100 scope can do the same job.

SmashingPumpkins

Quote:
Well...To each their own, I guess. I'd be cryin' if I took an $800 Leupold or similar out in the woods and got it all scratched up, espesially when a sub-$100 scope can do the same job.

some people treat their weapons nicer than others.

BPJ

If you don't reload, .308. .300WM gets you a flatter shot at over 1k yards, but most folks don't even have a range for those sorts of shots.

You'll be able to shoot a lot more rounds for the same money with .308.

Wood, wood, wood. Would you please get that penis out of my butt?

That's a good poem.

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

Quote:

If you dont know the difference in job that an $800 quality will do in the wood (where you need it) over a $100 off the shelf scope, you shouldnt be in this thread. Since you seem to think they're the same I'm going to suggest you go hug some whales.

Social Misfit
pwned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L33T_h4x0r_d00d View Post
If you dont know the difference in job that an $800 quality will do in the wood (where you need it) over a $100 off the shelf scope, you shouldnt be in this thread. Since you seem to think they're the same I'm going to suggest you go hug some whales.

I don't think they're the same, I know the difference. I just don't think it wise to go trodding around the woods with an $800 piece of glass. I'd rather throw an $80 Tasco or Leapers scope on there and let that get banged up. I don't care how well you take care of your weapons, they're gonna get scratched and banged around no matter what you do. Hell, the scope on my hunting rifle is fairly cheap (SWFA Super Sniper) but I still don't like it to get banged up, there ain't really much you can do about it.

CommiePunk
my rectum bleeds everyday

Quote:
I don't think they're the same, I know the difference. I just don't think it wise to go trodding around the woods with an $800 piece of glass. I'd rather throw an $80 Tasco or Leapers scope on there and let that get banged up. I don't care how well you take care of your weapons, they're gonna get scratched and banged around no matter what you do. Hell, the scope on my hunting rifle is fairly cheap (SWFA Super Sniper) but I still don't like it to get banged up, there ain't really much you can do about it.

i don't care if my leupold vx3l gets scratched up. i bought it becuase it's a damn fine piece of equipment and i bought it to do the job. to say that tasco makes anything even remotely close to it is rediculous.

CommiePunk

Quote:

he wants to shoot at a distance. and you can't accomplish that without using quality glass.

Social Misfit
pwned

Quote:
i don't care if my leupold vx3l gets scratched up. i bought it becuase it's a damn fine piece of equipment and i bought it to do the job. to say that tasco makes anything even remotely close to it is rediculous.

I never said that they did...I said i'd rather trash a Trashco than a Leupold.

Quote:
he wants to shoot at a distance. and you can't accomplish that without using quality glass.

Not necessarily...I've got a friend that can hit a quarter at 500 yards with some kind of Leapers scope using a 30-06. He's a crack shot though. His dad was a champion sport shooter. Wish he would teach me a thing or two.

CommiePunk

Quote:
I never said that they did...I said i'd rather trash a Trashco than a Leupold.

Not necessarily...I've got a friend that can hit a quarter at 500 yards with some kind of Leapers scope using a 30-06. He's a crack shot though. His dad was a champion sport shooter. Wish he would teach me a thing or two.

but still, if this guy wants to hit 200+ yards, the best and easiest way to go about it is with a quality scope if he can afford it.

Social Misfit
pwned

Quote:
but still, if this guy wants to hit 200+ yards, the best and easiest way to go about it is with a quality scope if he can afford it.

Well alright then. May I suggest the SWFA Super Sniper line. Read the reviews, they speak for themselves. I dropped (landed on) my rifle today thanks to a 2 foot hole filled with leaves and the zero didn't move. I was close to a rifle range so I stopped and fired a test bullet. <3 the 30mm tube too, looks big and bad. You can check em' out at www.swfa.com

L33T_h4x0r_d00d

The super sniper is still budget glass.