General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
ZMan
title fixed for good of forums
 
ZMan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
Because people hate affordable cars with great mileage numbers and still manage to have decent daily driver power. Who the fuck would want that?

I have no problem with it, its a fine engine for the Fiesta, never would have expected them to put it in the focus.
__________________
[M] Ranger Club
'92 x-cab, 4.0l V6 5spd
'94 longbed, 3.0l auto, bagged and chopped.
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 02-23-2016, 05:18 PM ZMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#16  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
I have no problem with it, its a fine engine for the Fiesta, never would have expected them to put it in the focus.



When you recall that the original Focus back in 2000 had an engine with twice the displacement yet less horsepower and at least a dozen less MPG efficiency... seems a bit like a good idea to me
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:28 PM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#17  

Rancidpunk666
 
Rancidpunk666's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
I have no problem with it, its a fine engine for the Fiesta, never would have expected them to put it in the focus.

Ya man, I got 2 kids now so a fiesta was out of the question, and a tdi golf was out of my price range.

Wife's got a highlander for when we need space but the four of us use it for running around town and grocery getting.
__________________
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Senator Date Rape
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings
Old 02-23-2016, 08:00 PM Rancidpunk666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#18  

ZMan
title fixed for good of forums
 
ZMan's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
When you recall that the original Focus back in 2000 had an engine with twice the displacement yet less horsepower and at least a dozen less MPG efficiency... seems a bit like a good idea to me

guess you're right! Dunno why I thought of it like that, I mean, I do have an ecoboost F-150 afterall lol. I guess it would be right there with the '98 escort I had for 2 years, just sold it a month ago, 32mpg was about max for that thing, sucks because we could get 34 out of the v6 Accord we have before that.
__________________
[M] Ranger Club
'92 x-cab, 4.0l V6 5spd
'94 longbed, 3.0l auto, bagged and chopped.
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 PM ZMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#19  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZMan View Post
guess you're right! Dunno why I thought of it like that, I mean, I do have an ecoboost F-150 afterall lol. I guess it would be right there with the '98 escort I had for 2 years, just sold it a month ago, 32mpg was about max for that thing, sucks because we could get 34 out of the v6 Accord we have before that.



TBH a one lliter does seem strange when you read it, but they're just getting a lot more out of smaller and smaller packages these days. Well, at least some are. There's still a huge market for the 'no substitute for cubes' crowd. It amuses me to remember my 2.0L four banger is actually a quicker car than a lot of the bubbas in their 5.7 HEMI charger next to me at a stoplight. Whatever floats your boat Jethro. Better floor that thing and get back to your trailer before your last tooth falls out,,,
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 02-25-2016, 07:07 AM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#20  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
That's not a Yugo


Son, I am disappoint
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 02-25-2016, 08:20 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#21  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
I was surprised to see so many Yugos on the road the last time I was in that part of the world. Many of them literally had body ports held together with tape, string and wire.


Yet the cars were still driving. That's being resourceful. Or something.
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 02-25-2016, 08:45 AM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#22  

Rancidpunk666
 
Rancidpunk666's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloneyflaps View Post
TBH a one lliter does seem strange when you read it, but they're just getting a lot more out of smaller and smaller packages these days. Well, at least some are. There's still a huge market for the 'no substitute for cubes' crowd. It amuses me to remember my 2.0L four banger is actually a quicker car than a lot of the bubbas in their 5.7 HEMI charger next to me at a stoplight. Whatever floats your boat Jethro. Better floor that thing and get back to your trailer before your last tooth falls out,,,

Monotone, superchips and puma speed have all made 173 and 190tq with just a tune.

Add in a short ram, larger inter cooler and exhaust for about $1,200 (including the tune) you'd have a 200 hp 1 liter
__________________
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Senator Date Rape
.......v
Grandpa Motors (GM) pussrods and leafsprings
Old 02-25-2016, 07:24 PM Rancidpunk666 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#23  

ZMan
title fixed for good of forums
 
ZMan's Avatar
 
maybe I should get my wife one of those instead of the ST she wanted.
__________________
[M] Ranger Club
'92 x-cab, 4.0l V6 5spd
'94 longbed, 3.0l auto, bagged and chopped.
'95 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 5.2l
'13 F-150 Ecoboost
Old 02-27-2016, 09:33 AM ZMan is offline  
Reply With Quote
#24  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 02-29-2016, 11:41 PM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#25  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyramid View Post



p-dog!





since you know enough about Pilot Super Sport tires to recognize them by seeing the tread pattern, are they odddly.... QUIET? And I don't at all mean that in a bad way. Even when they come unstuck they rarely make so much as a mouse fart. To me that's good, but I was a little surprised
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:07 AM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#26  

pyramid
COORS LIGHTSPEED: ENGAGED
 
pyramid's Avatar
 
Yeah, I don't think I've ever heard mine squeal. Maybe over a paint line or some brick but never on regular pavement. When I hoon I get mine so hot they smell like I've been doing burnouts but I never hear them protest even a little bit.

How are you liking them?

Still my recommended goto tire for performance vehicles.
__________________
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monsters_Are_Due_on_Maple_Street
Old 03-01-2016, 12:26 AM pyramid is offline  
Reply With Quote
#27  

Baloneyflaps.
Baloneyflaps
My dick: more mass than the earth
 
Baloneyflaps.'s Avatar
 
I love them. Even when the rear is a little squirrely they silent. And that doesn't happen unless I almost try to do it. They be good tires
__________________
This signature is metal as fuck. Is yours?
Old 03-01-2016, 12:40 AM Baloneyflaps. is offline  
Reply With Quote
#28  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:58 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.