General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Photography and I[M]aging
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax
 
The Unflushable Turd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
also the two lights are a Surefire M3 Combat Light (with flip-up red beam filter) and a Surefire 6P LED flashlight.

I photograph abandoned places so those lights help out a great deal. q

How powerful are those lights? You think it would be possible to shoot wildlife at night with them?
My Xti probably ain't up to it though, need that max ISO shit and a 400 2.8.
__________________
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Old 07-15-2008, 09:39 PM The Unflushable Turd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#31  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
omg I want that. I have a helios-44-m 58mm/2 lens that is really neat and I'd love to try it on F mount. where did you get it

ebay has a shitload of cheap adapters, most of them dont have an element so the focus is all different depending on the lens, some cant focus to infinity, others have crazy close focusing now and one just wont focus at all

Mine was $5 shipped but the ones with the glass in them go for $30 or so

No glass


Glass
__________________
_--_|\
/ #AUZLAND
\_.--._/
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
¯\(º_o)/¯ IRC Partay!! ¯\(o_º)/¯
Old 07-15-2008, 11:16 PM Nevermore is offline  
Reply With Quote
#32  

ocbaud
SVT Lightning killa!!!1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
How powerful are those lights? You think it would be possible to shoot wildlife at night with them?
My Xti probably ain't up to it though, need that max ISO shit and a 400 2.8.

i have a surefire 6p, which comes stock with a 60lumen incan. bulb. its bring as hell.

i upgraded to a 3rd party led bulb that is rated at 230+ lumens.
it will momentarily blind you and you will be seeing a large spot for atleast 10 minutes afterwards.

i would say that with the upgrade it would be to bright to do wildlife at night as it would scare them away.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:30 PM ocbaud is offline  
Reply With Quote
#33  

ocbaud
SVT Lightning killa!!!1
 
i'll contribute



Nikon D300 w/ MB-D10 grip
70-200mm f/2.8 VR lens
18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 lens
50mm f/1.8 lens
Sb-600 Flash
Gary Fong Lightsphere
Two 4gb extreme IV cards
Old 07-15-2008, 11:53 PM ocbaud is offline  
Reply With Quote
#34  

tobrien
 
tobrien's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
How powerful are those lights? You think it would be possible to shoot wildlife at night with them?
My Xti probably ain't up to it though, need that max ISO shit and a 400 2.8.

well they're ridiculously bright, but as ocbaud said, you're probably going to end up scaring away wildlife with them.

but like LED lights don't have the 'throw' that incandescents do so they can't penetrate fog nearly as well. but if you're going to be using the flashlights as a camera aide, then I'd say get an LED light so you're not totally blinding your subjects, but YMMV.

also check out http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...br/6/sesent/00
__________________
.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:39 AM tobrien is offline  
Reply With Quote
#35  

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax
 
The Unflushable Turd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
well they're ridiculously bright, but as ocbaud said, you're probably going to end up scaring away wildlife with them.

but like LED lights don't have the 'throw' that incandescents do so they can't penetrate fog nearly as well. but if you're going to be using the flashlights as a camera aide, then I'd say get an LED light so you're not totally blinding your subjects, but YMMV.

also check out http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...br/6/sesent/00

Yeah don't think lights will cut it.
I found something better but a bit more expensive.

http://www.naturescapes.net/docs/ind...e/306-tom-vezo

Its called the photo trap

This is some sick shit, fuck i want it now!
__________________
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 PM The Unflushable Turd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#36  

tobrien
 
tobrien's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unflushable Turd View Post
Yeah don't think lights will cut it.
I found something better but a bit more expensive.

http://www.naturescapes.net/docs/ind...e/306-tom-vezo

Its called the photo trap

This is some sick shit, fuck i want it now!

lol nice. how much is that stuff? I didn't see a dollar sign anywhere. :/

or check this out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Gen_3_PRO.html
__________________
.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:32 PM tobrien is offline  
Reply With Quote
#37  

The Unflushable Turd
BetaMax
 
The Unflushable Turd's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobrien View Post
lol nice. how much is that stuff? I didn't see a dollar sign anywhere. :/

or check this out: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Gen_3_PRO.html

lol 6k, holy shit. That is badass though.
The phototrap is alot cheaper.

$460

http://www.phototrap.com/
__________________
GIANTS SUPERBOWL CHAMPS 2008
“We hope T.O. has his popcorn ready,” Michael Strahan said. “Maybe him and Crayton can sit in his home theater and watch us next week.”
Old 07-16-2008, 07:41 PM The Unflushable Turd is offline  
Reply With Quote
#38  

blank
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overconfidence View Post
that must mean you don't need any of your other lenses anymore and can just give them to me >>;

That's true! Get an M mount and we'll see
Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 AM blank is offline  
Reply With Quote
#39  

Overconfidence
Underperformance - <3 ShillinTheVillain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
That's true! Get an M mount and we'll see

shit i am THIS close to buying an ikon and I'm stuck between a 28 or 35 (and possibly wanting a 25/21 down the road), alternating zeiss and voigtlander (zeiss 25 and 35, voigt 28 and 21 I think), i'm so drunk now hahaahah
Old 07-17-2008, 01:57 AM Overconfidence is offline  
Reply With Quote
#40  

Rang3find3r
sabercat tamer
 
Rang3find3r's Avatar
 


Old 07-17-2008, 02:28 AM Rang3find3r is offline  
Reply With Quote
#41  

blank
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overconfidence View Post
shit i am THIS close to buying an ikon and I'm stuck between a 28 or 35 (and possibly wanting a 25/21 down the road), alternating zeiss and voigtlander (zeiss 25 and 35, voigt 28 and 21 I think), i'm so drunk now hahaahah

You won't regret it, no doubt. If you're doing one lens at first it's hard to go wrong with a 35. I've only used a 35 and 50 on the RF. I've been tempted by 28 but haven't found the right one for me. Maybe the Canon 28/2.8 like Winogrand.
Old 07-17-2008, 03:20 AM blank is offline  
Reply With Quote
#42  

Nevermore
I <3 d4rkme4t
 
Nevermore's Avatar
 
I was bored with this M42 adapter and testing shit, figured I'd post

Pentacon 1:1.8/50mm that I don't have a pic of yet, not that it matters

Has incredibly precise focus :S



This looks okish



But its a close crop of..


Hmm Bokeh?




This Takamur 1:3.5/28mm has incredibly short and close focus, lame but can be used (Notice the fungus from the 50mm .. good thing I have another with no fungus in a box I'm too lazy to open and reshoot with..)


I have a sticker of a band I don't play in on my guitar.


But this 28mm could be interesting.. I should really get the film from that Agfa processed ugh
__________________
_--_|\
/ #AUZLAND
\_.--._/
.......v
<domisi> i'm not in anyone's sig
¯\(º_o)/¯ IRC Partay!! ¯\(o_º)/¯
Old 07-17-2008, 10:45 AM Nevermore is offline  
Reply With Quote
#43  

tobrien
 
tobrien's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rang3find3r View Post



70-200 f/4L non-IS?

edit: nvm it's the one from earlier itt right?
__________________
.

Last edited by tobrien; 07-17-2008 at 04:54 PM..
Old 07-17-2008, 04:47 PM tobrien is offline  
Reply With Quote
#44  

Overconfidence
Underperformance - <3 ShillinTheVillain
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by blank View Post
You won't regret it, no doubt. If you're doing one lens at first it's hard to go wrong with a 35. I've only used a 35 and 50 on the RF. I've been tempted by 28 but haven't found the right one for me. Maybe the Canon 28/2.8 like Winogrand.

There's a 28/2.8 biogon but it costs as much as the 35 and fills the viewfinder right to the edge (I think?)... and like you said the 35 is a little more natural for a single lens.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:27 PM Overconfidence is offline  
Reply With Quote
#45  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.