General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > General [M]ayhem > Automotive [M]ayhem
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
BORKED
__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 03-31-2015, 02:53 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#61  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Jas101
 
Jas101's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by [H]ard|On View Post
Also there's no ad revenue to miss out on bc it's BBC so they aren't losing out as much as History channel would

thats not how it works for the bbc.

no ad revenue as such, but they sell the show abroad, to just about every country on the planet. it also produces 'best of' and box sets which bring in huge amounts of money.

topgear is a money maker, and for every bbc there are 300 other tv networks ready to pick up the ball.

those stupid, stupid, arrogant bbc fucks.
__________________
gsharaf - maybe you just aren't ghey enough, so take one up da butt (for the team)
Jeff - Anyone got any midget porn? Its for a friend.
c449140ffaaa3f7c2e4d93e0ba37705e [pornmay.com]
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM Jas101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#62  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas101 View Post
thats not how it works for the bbc.

no ad revenue as such, but they sell the show abroad, to just about every country on the planet. it also produces 'best of' and box sets which bring in huge amounts of money.

topgear is a money maker, and for every bbc there are 300 other tv networks ready to pick up the ball.

those stupid, stupid, arrogant bbc fucks.
Yep, since the producer (punchee) didn't want to press charges and never reported the incident himself...the BBC would have been much better off sweeping the whole thing under a rug and going about their business.
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-31-2015, 03:13 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#63  

Jas101
 
Jas101's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Yep, since the producer (punchee) didn't want to press charges and never reported the incident himself...the BBC would have been much better off sweeping the whole thing under a rug and going about their business.

i liked the arrogant, fuck the gollies, stiff upper lip BBC in the 70's and 80's just before i left for portugal. but i hate the new politically correct BBC.

the UK really need to stop financing them through 'licensing fees' and make them stand on their own two feet.
__________________
gsharaf - maybe you just aren't ghey enough, so take one up da butt (for the team)
Jeff - Anyone got any midget porn? Its for a friend.
c449140ffaaa3f7c2e4d93e0ba37705e [pornmay.com]
Old 03-31-2015, 03:32 PM Jas101 is offline  
Reply With Quote
#64  

RazorWind
 
RazorWind's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas101 View Post
topgear is a money maker, and for every bbc there are 300 other tv networks ready to pick up the ball.

Trouble is, the BBC's funding model lets them say pretty much whatever they want on Top Gear. At least in the United States, this would not be the case, and the ability to say basically whatever they want is Top Gear's true secret sauce.

You couldn't have a TV show that reviews cars say anything particularly bad about a given car if the same channel gets its ad revenue from the company that makes that car. At least, not for very long.
__________________
90f54f9cfb4106d1ef0e6a82e53f14
Old 03-31-2015, 04:23 PM RazorWind is offline  
Reply With Quote
#65  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorWind View Post
Trouble is, the BBC's funding model lets them say pretty much whatever they want on Top Gear. At least in the United States, this would not be the case, and the ability to say basically whatever they want is Top Gear's true secret sauce.

You couldn't have a TV show that reviews cars say anything particularly bad about a given car if the same channel gets its ad revenue from the company that makes that car. At least, not for very long.

yea, that's not true at all. also top gear rarely does shit on cars that would be advertising on american tv.
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:26 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#66  

GhEttOrAiD
<--- EVOM
 
GhEttOrAiD's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcW@teR View Post
yea, that's not true at all. also top gear rarely does shit on cars that would be advertising on american tv.

__________________
[QUOTE=BlisterDick;25482810][b]PLZ keep door unlock for roach and spider[/b][/QUOTE]
✓, ✓, ☑, ☐
Old 03-31-2015, 05:55 PM GhEttOrAiD is offline  
Reply With Quote
#67  

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT
 
JoePits's Avatar
 
I don't own a car
So why would i give a fuck
Old 03-31-2015, 06:05 PM JoePits is offline  
Reply With Quote
#68  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
jp why do u post at godlikeproductions
__________________
Sup
Old 03-31-2015, 06:08 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#69  

IcW@teR
Ice Cool
 
IcW@teR's Avatar
 
ok doesnt do shit i care about
__________________
The secret to success, whether it's women or money, is knowing when to quit. I oughta know: I'm divorced and broke.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:23 PM IcW@teR is offline  
Reply With Quote
#70  

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT
 
JoePits's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
jp why do u post at godlikeproductions

i don't any more i got ip banned
Old 03-31-2015, 10:03 PM JoePits is offline  
Reply With Quote
#71  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePits View Post
i don't any more i got ip banned

lol why what did u post
__________________
Sup
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#72  

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT
 
JoePits's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
lol why what did u post

i posted the thing saying i wanted a free room and board and expenses to get me out of the USA

they censored it
Old 03-31-2015, 10:05 PM JoePits is offline  
Reply With Quote
#73  

Sup
 
Sup's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoePits View Post
i posted the thing saying i wanted a free room and board and expenses to get me out of the USA

they censored it

oh, so i guess you're not allowed to do that?
__________________
Sup
Old 03-31-2015, 10:06 PM Sup is offline  
Reply With Quote
#74  

JoePits
this shit right here is some HARDCORE SHIT -- its made from PLANT SHIT
 
JoePits's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup View Post
oh, so i guess you're not allowed to do that?

i guess...i thought it might be a good idea, though i wasnt entirely serious about it i guess.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:07 PM JoePits is offline  
Reply With Quote
#75  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.