General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Nope artic ice has been thinning for awhile as the antarctic gains more mass.

Thinner than EVER though? Yeah and the north pole has never been free of ice in the history of man before amirite?

nice try though poor guy

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock

Quote:
nice try shit for brains.

A yes or no would suffice for you to pretend I was saying something I am not.

Global warming is a trend, a spiral of increase in temps. there is no such trend.

we have at best a point 5 c increase after 20 different methods and data set after data set getting thrown out because it fails to match the models the global warming crowd keep putting forward. Data sets that does not only show no warming but a decrease in global temps above low cloud cover.

you want to play stupid it seems. Fine with me.

now shit for brains explain how your precious co2 can increase and the globe still cools?

TheMorlock

Quote:
POINT 5 c

LEARN TO FUCKING READ

sorry limp dick. the globe as a whole is colder. it's a bit warmer at ground level but colder above major cloud level.

Oh keep pretending you made a typo.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Little teaser for my new bitch

"Below is the letter written to Jeff Severinghaus, and his response:

Dear Jeff,

I read your article "What does the lag of CO2 behind temperature in ice cores tell us about global warming?" You mention that CO2 does not initiate warmings, but may amplify warmings that are already underway. The obvious question comes up as to whether or not CO2 levels also lag periods when cooling begins after a warming cycle…even one of 5,000 years?

If CO2 levels on planet Earth also lag the cooling periods, then how can it be that CO2 levels are causally related to terrestrial heating periods at all? I am not sure what the ice core records are related the time response of CO2 to the cooling trends. If there is also a lag in CO2 levels behind a cooling period, then it appears that CO2 levels not only do not initiate warming periods but are also unrelated to the onset of cooling periods. It would appear that the actual CO2 levels are rather impotent as an amplifier either way…warming or cooling. We are talking about planet Earth after all and not Venus whose atmospheric pressure is many times larger than Earth's.

If there is also a time lag upon the onset of cooling, then it appears that some other mechanism actually drives the temperature changes. So what is the time difference between CO2 levels during the onset of a cooling period at the end of a warming period and the time history of the temperature changes in the ice cores?

Dear John,

The coolings appear to be caused primarily and initially by increase in the Earth-Sun distance during northern hemisphere summer, (that would be insolation limpdick)due to changes in the Earth's orbit. As the orbit is not round, but elliptical, sunshine is weaker during some parts of the year than others. This is the so-called Milankovitch hypothesis [this really should say "theory" — eric], which you may have heard about. Just as in the warmings, CO2 lags the coolings by a thousand years or so, in some cases as much as three thousand years.

But do not make the mistake of assuming that these warmings and coolings must have a single cause. It is well known that multiple factors are involved, including the change in planetary albedo, change in nitrous oxide concentration, change in methane concentration, and change in CO2 concentration. I know it is intellectually satisfying to identify a single cause for some observed phenomenon, but that unfortunately is not the way Nature works much of the time.(but is the way that global warming junk science operates)

Nor is there any requirement that a single cause operate throughout the entire 5000 - year long warming trends, and the 70,000 year cooling trends.

Thus it is not logical to argue that, because CO2 does not cause the first thousand years or so of warming, nor the first thousand years of cooling, it cannot have caused part of the many thousands of years of warming in between."

Sorry if the s bother anyone. But we have "less than honest" AGW advocates among us and need to recap some of the stuff that showcases what they like to ignore.

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
some actually valid recaps

Someone forgot to take their crazy pills tonight.

CO2 not a forcing factor unless the earth was frozen? Priceless.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renork View Post
I hate to break it to you but if CO2 rises ALWAYS lag behind temperature increases(aka global warming) you can make that conclusion. Unless fluctuating CO2 is the key to time travel.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
]Thus it is not logical to argue that, because CO2 does not cause the first thousand years or so of warming, nor the first thousand years of cooling, it cannot have caused part of the many thousands of years of warming in between.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
You missed the point. What I said was that you can't make conclusions like "CO2 does not cause global warming" based purely on whether there's a lag between temperature increases and CO2 levels.

and we need this once again.

CO2 time travel effects have to be considered

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
I did compare venus and earth, anyone that wants to can go back and look at the posts. Some idiot compared venus and mercury in a My Hat Is A Bird So Your Agrument I Invalid response. (I think that was you binky)

Go back and check page 66 again.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Go back and check page 66 again.

I checked several pages. I read your time travel conspiracy posts on how CO2 causes global warming a decade before CO2 increase. I think William Shatner should play you in the movie

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
I checked several pages. I read your time travel conspiracy posts on how CO2 causes global warming a decade before CO2 increase. I think William Shatner should play you in the movie

Did you read the part where you were talking about Mercury and Venus? The part you said didn't happen 1 page ago?

Quote:
I did compare venus and earth, anyone that wants to can go back and look at the posts.

Did you read the part where you say solar radiation creates Venus' CO2?

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:
Except as the earth warms the IR signature increases in freq and bandwidth. More energy gets radiated in frequencies that CO2 does not trap effectively. Also the expanding atmosphere will conduct heat up to a larger radiating surface. Again bypassing CO2 effects

If this were not so then we would reach a point where the earth would not be able to cool again unless an unpredictable catastrophic event takes place to reduce the co2.

In other words. We would not be here because this would have happened already and there is no such evidence of such a catastrophic reversal of CO2.

I have been over this before. It's pretty straightforward.

Now you see what a fucking imbecile fuckyouforprovingI'maloser is?

wall candy eating retard

Which was followed by:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The Earth is a blackbody radiator, and changing its temperature by a couple degrees is only going to shift the wavelength distribution a trivial amount. You're not going to just fall off the cross section for CO2 absorption, which is so enormous that you can saturate the transition even without being dead-on in frequency.

Similar business in the atmosphere, you're going to slightly broaden the absorption and emission profiles, but not enough to matter for a couple degrees change. You're not going to see any non-trivial change in Doppler broadening or pressure broadening either.

I'd be happy to read an article on this if you have one, but I don't see it. I've done a decent amount of work with CO2, and I'm pretty fucking familiar with infrared spectroscopy. Going to look into the expanding atmosphere business.

Quote:
Well I will take your word on that for now. But it seems that it just marginalizes CO2 as a forcing factor even more than it has been shown to be so far.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

In other words All the FUD came home to rest.

We had dozens of people posting dozens of articles in mainstream media and by Top Of Their Field scientists showing AGW was wearing the emperors clothes and Fuck and Gibsy playing three monkeys. Then we had the email hack(still believed to be an inside job by someone who could not stand the dishonesty anymore) Proving collusion.

And fuckyou keeps crying NO NO it was the ONE Armed Guy!!!..

Last edited by TheMorlock; 04-23-2010 at 09:59 PM..

TheMorlock

Quote:
Which was followed by:

Argon filled windows

Gibsy cant tell the forest from the trees. I see it all the time.

He is accepting an extrapolation of something he understands to what it does not apply.

But what does that have to do with your special brand of idiocy and or dishonesty?