Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

A) Venus' atmosphere is something like 92% CO2 right now. Not that it matters really. The point is simply that Venus is hotter because its atmosphere contains high amounts of gases which can retain heat. CO2, like water vapor, is a gas which can retain heat.

B) Your second article talks about how increased temperatures caused increased evaporation...nothing about CO2 release.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 04-14-2009 at 05:58 PM..

TheMorlock

poor boy, we understand your confusion

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
You did not change your story when you were spouting 5 years is nothing. But well it's been ten. Now you want me to commit to a 1 year varience after watching global warming be a non performer for over 30 years Why do you think people are as absolutelyfuckingimbecilic as you?

Yeah, it sure looks like a non performer here:

EDIT: Oh wait, all the scientists have conspired to fake this graph!!! Please TheMorlock, show us the REAL temperature graph!

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

well actually we dont understand your confusion since we are not ad absolutelyfuckingimbecillic as you. Hell we cant even begin to.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
well actually we dont understand your confusion since we are not ad absolutelyfuckingimbecillic as you. Hell we cant even begin to.

Yeah, people who look at the last 30 years on that graph and say "nope, no temperature increase" sure have a lot to teach me!

Tell me more about how solar radiation creates matter!

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

Gibonius

Quote:
Except as the earth warms the IR signature increases in freq and bandwidth. More energy gets radiated in frequencies that CO2 does not trap effectively. Also the expanding atmosphere will conduct heat up to a larger radiating surface. Again bypassing CO2 effects

The IR signature of...what? The atmosphere? The Earth itself? More energy gets radiated from where, the Earth? Specifics, man, this doesn't make any sense as written.

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
The IR signature of...what? The atmosphere? The Earth itself? More energy gets radiated from where, the Earth? Specifics, man, this doesn't make any sense as written.

I suspect he'll claim he's posted it before, just like he does whenever I ask him for that ice core data which proves that global warming is a myth and that jesus will return as a panda in 2012.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha

TheMorlock

Quote:

as the atmosphere heats up and ground temp heats up the frequencies they radiate change. Now unless the frequencies then radiated are Better absorbed by CO2 then the effectiveness of CO2 as a heat retention mechanism is compromised.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Yeah, I lie out my ass like Schmuck used to do

Tell me more about how solar radiation creates matter! OH wait You cant because I invented this tripe myself

Exactly

Gibonius

Quote:
as the atmosphere heats up and ground temp heats up the frequencies they radiate change. Now unless the frequencies then radiated are Better absorbed by CO2 then the effectiveness of CO2 as a heat retention mechanism is compromised.

The Earth is a blackbody radiator, and changing its temperature by a couple degrees is only going to shift the wavelength distribution a trivial amount. You're not going to just fall off the cross section for CO2 absorption, which is so enormous that you can saturate the transition even without being dead-on in frequency.

Similar business in the atmosphere, you're going to slightly broaden the absorption and emission profiles, but not enough to matter for a couple degrees change. You're not going to see any non-trivial change in Doppler broadening or pressure broadening either.

I'd be happy to read an article on this if you have one, but I don't see it. I've done a decent amount of work with CO2, and I'm pretty fucking familiar with infrared spectroscopy. Going to look into the expanding atmosphere business.

TheMorlock

Quote:
The Earth is a blackbody radiator, and changing its temperature by a couple degrees is only going to shift the wavelength distribution a trivial amount. You're not going to just fall off the cross section for CO2 absorption, which is so enormous that you can saturate the transition even without being dead-on in frequency.

Similar business in the atmosphere, you're going to slightly broaden the absorption and emission profiles, but not enough to matter for a couple degrees change. You're not going to see any non-trivial change in Doppler broadening or pressure broadening either.

I'd be happy to read an article on this if you have one, but I don't see it. I've done a decent amount of work with CO2, and I'm pretty fucking familiar with infrared spectroscopy. Going to look into the expanding atmosphere business.

Well I will take your word on that for now. But it seems that it just marginalizes CO2 as a forcing factor even more than it has been shown to be so far.

Gibonius

Quote:
Well I will take your word on that for now. But it seems that it just marginalizes CO2 as a forcing factor even more than it has been shown to be so far.

Well, what do you mean "forcing factor?" The argument coming down from the media is misleading really, nobody in the scientific community thinks CO2 is directly responsible for warming, that's coming from the sun. The CO2 is only exacerbating the warming cycle, making the temperature increase more rapidly.

TheMorlock

Quote:
Well, what do you mean "forcing factor?" The argument coming down from the media is misleading really, nobody in the scientific community thinks CO2 is directly responsible for warming, that's coming from the sun. The CO2 is only exacerbating the warming cycle, making the temperature increase more rapidly.

GWT from the begining denied that there was any influence from solar activity. That it was not only CO2 increase merely trapping more heat but that it was mans contribution of co2

As I said. I have been following this since the mid 70.s

For years it was co2 and co2 alone And that it was causing an out of control spiral upwards.

Now they are admitting other factors. And it looks like they will have to admit that there is NO out of control spiral that will raise the oceans 14 feet any time soon.

The media is getting this directly from the GW "scientists"

Quote:
Few of the climate models used for AR4 forecasts account for solar changes
http://homepage.mac.com/WebObjects/F...ND-COMMENT.ppt

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
GWT from the begining denied that there was any influence from solar activity. That it was not only CO2 increase merely trapping more heat but that it was mans contribution of co2

As I said. I have been following this since the mid 70.s

For years it was co2 and co2 alone And that it was causing an out of control spiral upwards.

Now they are admitting other factors. And it looks like they will have to admit that there is NO out of control spiral that will raise the oceans 14 feet any time soon.

The media is getting this directly from the GW "scientists"

Let's be clear about something. You haven't been following global warming science for 30 years, you've been following anti-global warming arguments for 30 years. You probably got pissed off that the MEDIA reported that there would be an ice age (no scientific body ever thought this...there might have been one article that said it "could" happen, which was subsequently attacked by most climatologists) and when it didn't happen you decided never to trust scientists ever again. And so you've been clinging onto every word attention-starved morons have been spouting, believing only THEY know what they're talking about.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha