General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
Do you not know how to fucking read? i dont even know how to respond to this as you obviously didnt read a fucking word i wrote.

I already said that companies will pay less than ethical scientists to alter data sets, and the responsible ones, like the ones i know, do not do that. And observing a predicted phenomenon is not altering data sets, dipshit.

It's pretty obvious you have zero scientific background and training, Morcock.

You are quite funny. In a watch the drool cup boy in action kind of way.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

So why not throw some cash his way and give him a title.

Thanks again for thinking I was worth spending money on. If you're still making bank from your AWESOME job, maybe you could throw an avatar my way?

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:

then prove me wrong asshole.

Oh wait, you can't.

Dolphin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vote McCain! View Post
It's pretty obvious you have zero scientific background and training, Morcock.

He can tell by the pixels, and from seeing quite a few sciences in his day.

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin View Post
He can tell by the pixels, and from seeing quite a few sciences in his day.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I know some of you are very young and have been saturated in this "global warming" stuff ever since you were kids watching Saturday morning tv shows. Hell, I'm over 30 now but I've been hearing it for the better part of my life. The problem is that once something becomes "irrefutable" then any serious scientific finding to the contrary is automatically labeled as "paid for by oil executives" or simply someone trying to be different. Is it too much to ask for these same GW disciples to use sound science to refute findings that don't agree with theirs..instead of taking the easy way out by labeling them crackpots? Don't get me wrong, I am all for moving towards cleaner energy and vastly reducing pollutants and a stop to clearing rain forests..it the alarmism sweeping the world that bothers me.

These days cold weather is attributed to GW, Hot weather is GW, rain is GW, no rain is GW, hurricanes are GW, lack of hurricanes is GW..

When you say this, in a nutshell you have stated exactly why AGW is a religion instead of a science. In science theories must be disprovable. There is not a set of measurements that will cause the adherents of this particular belief to give it up. The poles on the whole are not melting. Indeed quite the opposite if you do not cherry pick the data. The earth is not warming. Polar bear populations are increasing except for one particular subset.

The infamous "hockey stick" has now been proven a hoax. It was found that only some of the data from the tree ring measurement set was used... that favorable to the theory being promoted. Al Gore lost on 9 counts in an English court when his film was challenged there (schools wanted to show it in class). Carbon dioxide has some beneficial effects on the environment. Regulation has lots of detrimental effects on the economy and on liberty. Pelosi literally doesn't even know what a fossil fuel is and she will now set energy policy for an entire nation. It is madness.

I am not a scientist and don't claim to be, but the dirty little secret is that people with science degrees are much less likely to fall for this sort of bilge than the population at large. We are nowhere near being able to model a system as complex as the earth and anyone who says otherwise is lying or incompetent. If I were to say that increased carbon production is helping stave off the next ice age and use any contradictory evidence as proof then I should by all rights be scorned. The earth does not love us. The earth does not hate us. It is indifferent to us. There is a lot of concrete evidence we are making things better for ourselves by consuming energy. It is directly tied to standard of living for one, and there are unsupportable and hysterical theories that we may be causing increased... or decreased temperatures (depending on the weather) on the other hand. What we do know is that the eco-idiots killed the cleanest energy source we had in nuclear energy so their motives are anything but pure. That is something that scientists truly DO agree upon.

The reason politics invades a discussion on GW like this is because politics now invades every aspect of life. It is one thing to say your neighbor doesn't need to use so much electricity. It is another to force him to do so at the point of a gun. People are tired of being told to shut up and do what the government says. Wherever the government intrudes it must be pushed back and those who would cover for it must be confronted.

You have the right to believe your religion but DO NOT have the right to inflict your religion on everyone else.
lmao well I tried but I guess you've already made up your mind to believe stupid bullshit so whatever.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
sorry chum, it's page after page after page. You keep trying to pretend each one is an isolated case and is not a cumulative kick to the head of global warming. I hear adversity is good for character building. It must be true since you are such a character.

Page after page of worthless blogs and shit "science" articles that morons like yourself parade as proof that they've proven many actual scientific studies wrong with pop-science garbage. It's kind of like that scene in A Beautiful Mind were they find Nashs' cabin in the woods filled with tons of news articles to bolster his schizophrenic delusions, only instead of a mathematical genius you're just some fat wino.

TheMorlock

Keep pretending that. Deliberate moron looks very good on you

Mr. Susan

Can't our children deal with this?

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Susan View Post
Can't our children deal with this?

Deal with what? Bad treaties based on junk science?

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
lmao well I tried but I guess you've already made up your mind to believe stupid so whatever.
Funny how I think the exact same thing about you and all your boyfriends in this thread. Would you really have the U.S./E.U. take ourselves back to the dark ages and abandon our industrialized society based on computer models created by a group whose mission was not to test global warming theories..but to promote it to the world? China, India and Russia will gladly take up where we left off..they have no intentions of bankrupting their countries and abandoning civilization..

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Funny how I think the exact same thing about you and all your boyfriends in this thread. Would you really have the U.S./E.U. take ourselves back to the dark ages and abandon our industrialized society based on computer models created by a group whose mission was not to test global warming theories..but to promote it to the world? China, India and Russia will gladly take up where we left off..they have no intentions of bankrupting their countries and abandoning civilization..

Reducing CO2 emissions =/ going back to the dark ages.

And enough with the "Great Science Conspiracy" you're spouting. It's worse than the 9/11 theories.

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
Reducing CO2 emissions =/ going back to the dark ages.

And enough with the "Great Science Conspiracy" you're spouting. It's worse than the 9/11 theories.
Governments are seriously discussing legislation to cut Co2 by more than 80%.....do you think we have existing technology to do that without abandoning industrialized society as we know it? Even with a 40 year target, reaching even close to half of that 80% would require technology that doesn't exist.....not to mention astronomical amounts of money that will come from where? I don't think anyone is advocating maintaining status quo...but panicking ourselves into bankruptcy while shifting world power to China, Russia and others doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Jason

Apparently the environmentalists are all up in arms about Chapter 5 of Superfreakonomics.
http://delong.typepad.com/files/supe...-chapter-5.pdf
I personally thought that the inventors that he talked to were very well researched and their ideas were very well thought out in addition to being cheap.
My favorite part?
"It would cost $50 million less to stop global warming than what Al Gore's foundation is paying just to increase public awareness about global warming."

wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Apparently the environmentalists are all up in arms about Chapter 5 of Superfreakonomics.
http://delong.typepad.com/files/supe...-chapter-5.pdf
I personally thought that the inventors that he talked to were very well researched and their ideas were very well thought out in addition to being cheap.
My favorite part?
"It would cost $50 million less to stop global warming than what Al Gore's foundation is paying just to increase public awareness about global warming."

So you've changed your stance on AGW?

Or did just start a non-sequitur because you can't actually argue against any of the points we've offered so far?

But if you really want to get into why it doesn't make sense to try tinkering with global processes without doing adequate research I suppose we can.

OH RLY?

Ahahahahaha