General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuckyouformakingmeregister View Post
So you've changed your stance on AGW?

Or did just start a non-sequitur because you can't actually argue against any of the points we've offered so far?

But if you really want to get into why it doesn't make sense to try tinkering with global processes without doing adequate research I suppose we can.

Nothing in my post had anything to do with my personal positions... nor have I really made any statement one way or the other on my position... so clearly you have never read my posts in this thread... including that most recent one.

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

Vote McCain!
Retardism

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Governments are seriously discussing legislation to cut Co2 by more than 80%.....do you think we have existing technology to do that without abandoning industrialized society as we know it? Even with a 40 year target, reaching even close to half of that 80% would require technology that doesn't exist.....not to mention astronomical amounts of money that will come from where? I don't think anyone is advocating maintaining status quo...but panicking ourselves into bankruptcy while shifting world power to China, Russia and others doesn't sound like a good plan to me.

dumbass...

The technology to reduce emissions and have a positive impact on climate change is being developed as we speak, I have seen some of it with my own eyes. I've talked to scientists and engineers that are developing the technology; it is possible. And developing it will NOT bankrupt us, as you have assumed. Also, if it were all manufactured here in the US, not only would the economy soar, but china and russia will never see a fucking dime from any of it.

Have you ever worked on research dealing with these issues? Have you ever seen the budget that goes into this kind of research? i dont think you have, because if you had you would know that it is a small drop in the bucket compared to the total US budget.

Since you clearly arent anything close to a practicing scientist, i'll let you in on a little secret: the technology does exist, although its still in the research phase... so in a good 10 years and about ten billion dollars in research grants (hardly going bankrupt, and BTW this is the typical cost of a 10 year grant research project) we will be well on our way to reaching the goal of cutting GHG emissions and even recycling emissions (using/converting one factory's waste emissions into your raw materials). In reality it will probably take 20 years and 4 to 5 times as much to start massive production of the necessary technology, because currently the oil/coal/gas companies have such a large influence over legislation.

In short, you need to quit talking out your ass about something you obviously know very little about. I study atmospheric physics, and I work with people every day that have been studying climate change phenomenon for most of their careers, and I have seen the evidence to support the theory of global warming and have been taught the theory and its supporting theories. In light of the evidence presented to me, I have no choice as a rational person but to accept global warming as a real phenomenon.

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

So just in time to know the research was mostly a waste as the sun dials down. Hopefully it can be repurposed to merely get particulate waste out of the air.

TheMorlock

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post

So how is the media writing off all the current scientists that oppose the IPCC view? They just don't exist? They have an agenda? They get money from someone that benefits from waste? Or maybe they take the Janeane Garofalo view that they are brain damaged and suffering from Stockholm Syndrome in their captivity by the right-wing anti-earth activists.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
Funny how I think the exact same thing about you and all your boyfriends in this thread. Would you really have the U.S./E.U. take ourselves back to the dark ages and abandon our industrialized society based on computer models created by a group whose mission was not to test global warming theories..but to promote it to the world? China, India and Russia will gladly take up where we left off..they have no intentions of bankrupting their countries and abandoning civilization..
This is completely retarded scare-mongering.

Escaped Gorilla Genitals
Jim Morrison
Hey, Jim <3 ules, You didn't deserve this because you can't guess numbers but anyways BREAK ON TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
So how is the media writing off all the current scientists that oppose the IPCC view? They just don't exist? They have an agenda? They get money from someone that benefits from waste? Or maybe they take the Janeane Garofalo view that they are brain damaged and suffering from Stockholm Syndrome in their captivity by the right-wing anti-earth activists.

The media isn't writing them off. They get media exposure all the time, far beyond what they get in the scientific community. Why do you retards keep bringing this up? It's entirely a myth manufactured by business groups and conservatives.

Gibonius

A lot of the people who "disagree" with the IPCC don't disagree with the overall AGW thesis, merely with some of the data modeling and conclusions. The outright deniers are a pretty small minority.

Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Morrison View Post
The media isn't writing them off. They get media exposure all the time, far beyond what they get in the scientific community. Why do you retards keep bringing this up? It's entirely a myth manufactured by business groups and conservatives.

Media exposure all the time? I have yet to see a single story in the US talking about those scientists that question the official IPCC view.

TheMorlock

Quote:

sorry shit for brains, one of the people you write off so blatantly peer reviewed and killed the hockey stick .

Gibonius

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
sorry shit for brains, one of the people you write off so blatantly peer reviewed and killed the hockey stick .

Man, you really ought to let all the scientific journals know, they still think it's real! In fact, there was a Nature paper last month where they just found a different way to measure the same data and it confirmed the hockey stick. Amazing how the best journal in the world doesn't know the truth yet!

TheMorlock

you'll figure it out some day Gibs

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?

Quote:
This is completely retarded scare-mongering.
And "all the polar bears will die and Florida will be underwater" isn't? iirc..you are a champion of the poor and disadvantaged..right? Have fun being a part of creating a new kind of serfdom..hurting them much worse than the average middle class American.

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v

Jason

Found a compilation of peer-reviewed journal articles that would be appropriate to this thread.
CLICK ME FOR KNOWLEDGE

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Found a compilation of peer-reviewed journal articles that would be appropriate to this thread.
CLICK ME FOR KNOWLEDGE

I read a number of thsoe papers and skimmed the rest. Did you actually read them?

Because I have news for you: They don't do what you want them to do.

EDIT: This is just another example of you defending the position you claim not to be (see the first post of this page...lol)

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha

Last edited by Fuckyouformakingmeregister; 11-14-2009 at 10:12 AM..