General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Straw Man
RuHo
And my head I'd be scratchin' while my thoughts were busy hatchin; If I only had a brain......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
You need to troll harder

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=821924&page=5

see pyramids vid links

and a funny comment on warming

"Analysis: Reading the Climategate archive is a bit like discovering that Professional Wrestling is rigged. You mean, it is? Really?"

this is further evidence of your obvious retardation

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother

Any more news from the Dan Rather School of Climatology?

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

I apologize if this has been added:

I'm a member of the American Physical Society and I recently received this e-mail from Hal Lewis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Lewis
Subject: scientific misbehavior

Dear fellow member of the American Physical Society:

This is a matter of great importance to the integrity of the Society. It is being sent
to a random fraction of the membership, so we hope you will pass it on.

By now everyone has heard of what has come to be known as ClimateGate,
which was and is an international scientific fraud, the worst any of us have seen
in our cumulative 223 years of APS membership. For those who have missed
the news we recommend the excellent summary article by Richard Lindzen in
the November 30 edition of the Wall Street journal, entitled "The Climate Science
isn't Settled," for a balanced account of the situation. It was written by a scientist
of unquestioned authority and integrity. A copy can be found among the items at
http://tinyurl.com/lg266u, and a visit to http://www.ClimateDepot.com can fill in
the details of the scandal, while adding spice.

What has this to do with APS? In 2007 the APS Council adopted a Statement on
global warming (also reproduced at the tinyurl site mentioned above) that was
based largely on the scientific work that is now revealed to have been corrupted.
(The principals in this escapade have not denied what they did, but have sought
to dismiss it by saying that it is normal practice among scientists. You know and we
know that that is simply untrue. Physicists are not expected to cheat.)

We have asked the APS management to put the 2007 Statement on ice until the
extent to which it is tainted can be determined, but that has not been done. We
have also asked that the membership be consulted on this point, but that too has
not been done.

None of us would use corrupted science in our own work, nor would we sign off
on a thesis by a student who did so. This is not only a matter of science, it is a matter
of integrity, and the integrity of the APS is now at stake. That is why we are taking
the unusual step of communicating directly with at least a fraction of the membership.

If you believe that the APS should withdraw a Policy Statement that is based on
admittedly corrupted science, and should then undertake to clarify the real state of
the art in the best tradition of a learned society, please send a note to the incoming
President of the APS ccallan@princeton.edu, with the single word YES in the subject
line. That will make it easier for him to count.

Bob Austin, Professor of Physics, Princeton
Hal Lewis, emeritus Professor of Physics, University of California, Santa Barbara
Will Happer, Professor of Physics, Princeton
Larry Gould, Professor of Physics, Hartford
Roger Cohen, former Manager, Strategic Planning, ExxonMobil

I remember reading about the investigation regarding the APS statement (with which I disagreed from adoption)
If you follow the tinyurl link you'll find a number of interesting and relevant letters.

Last edited by Zangmonkey; 12-04-2009 at 06:02 PM..

topcat989

TheMorlock

Maybe now the mental midgets can let it be placed where it belongs. Right next to Cold Fusion in the junk science department as I have been saying for 30 years.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Jason

I really enjoyed The Daily Show's take on the whole thing.
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...l-warming-data
2:25 and forward.

I especially liked how the raw data from the 80s have conveniently disappeared.

TheMorlock

didn't conveniently disappear. The emails discussed and advised destroying any remaining raw data sets to leave nothing for Freedom of Information act to access.

I do like how the First Rat is deserting the sinking ship. Al Gore has canceled his appearance at the climate summit. Must be figuring out how to cash out of his multimillion dollar Green business.

And a couple of the Oscar Academy members want his Oscar back.

Last edited by TheMorlock; 12-04-2009 at 10:37 PM..

the snake

Quote:
Maybe now the mental midgets can let it be placed where it belongs. Right next to Cold Fusion in the junk science department as I have been saying for 30 years.

I love it when a plan comes together.

fuck man, i never post in this forum,but ya captured my senitmentes (sp) to the T

MC

Where is your liberal Tree God now, hippies?

TheMorlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC View Post
Where is your liberal Tree God now, hippies?

Please dont squeeze the charmin.

Zangmonkey
3y3 4m t3h Gr4et gr4nD m0th4rfUxing mor4n! W4t<h //\y b33f kur+4nz F|4p!!# 4y4m 1e37!

Quote:
didn't conveniently disappear. The emails discussed and advised destroying any remaining raw data sets to leave nothing for Freedom of Information act to access.

I do like how the First Rat is deserting the sinking ship. Al Gore has canceled his appearance at the climate summit. Must be figuring out how to cash out of his multimillion dollar Green business.

And a couple of the Oscar Academy members want his Oscar back.

I don't know the policies of the research institution in question, but at the University of Nevada all the data and any resulting patents are university property.

topcat989

TheMorlock

Hmmm I wonder of Al Gores company is is publicly traded. If so he can be assfucked by the SEC and spend weekends with Bernie.

Patriotic Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOne View Post
Fuckyouformakingmeregister, you really oughtta grab that leaked data, shut the fuck up for a second, and read it all before commenting further. The entire first chart was nuked from orbit by its contents - and the actual raw datasets are in it, as are the various source code snippets, so you can verify it for yourself. Global warming is real but it isn't manmade, and the jerks at Hadley knew it because their own data told them so.

What does this mean? Pretty simple: everything you've posted to support AGW now has to be redone as it can't realistically be considered valid any more. Yep, all the articles, all the research, all the efforts from scientists worldwide was all shot to hell because one group of idiots played fast and loose with basic rigor.
There is no evidence in the e-mails that the data was manipulated in the sense that actual measurements were changed to support an anthropogenic explanation. Likewise they certainly didn't know anthropogenic climate change isn't real, I don't know where you're getting that except for one of the e-mails from an individual who had publicly, long before these e-mails came out, written about his own doubts about anthropogenic climate change (and had his doubts publicly scrutinized). What code there is from the e-mails has no context as to whether it was actually used or whether it was out of date code and there's nothing in it to suggest fraud, possibly poorly written code at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddOne View Post
BTW, I continue to be amazed at how many logical fallacies I see in support of AGW in light of revelations of data tampering. Talk about cognitive dissonance and a lack of understanding of scientific method!
For someone who thinks the medieval warm age is a shock to climate scientists you don't have much room to talk about logical fallacies.

TheMorlock

"to hide the decline"

Nice try though