General [M]ayhem

Go Back   General [M]ayhem > Real Time Sub-Forums > The Pit
Register Members List Mark Forums Read [M]erchandise Calendar

Reply
 
Thread Tools
TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
So you're on the "massive scientific conspiracy" bandwagon now.


Good to know.

So you are on the Massive Denial bandwagon now. Even after they broke the cookie jar.

Oh wait, you always were.

Nice hat.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-07-2010, 06:43 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1441  

Advertisement [Remove Advertisement]

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
You know, there IS pretty solid evidence of it.

It's not massive. It just takes a few key players, some protecting themselves from ridicule after being wrong, some ecofreaks that are saddened by our abuse of our holy mother and some International Law Is Best types. Mix in ignorant fucks and politicians(not mutually exclusive) and people like gibsy that would not let such abuse go if it was in any other field and you have what we have here.

Altering of radiosonde data

destruction of data

altering of other data with no attempt at justification.

wild claims backed up by Hikers and other "peer reviewed" sources.

selective culling of data sources to eliminate non supporting data

Perversion of peer review process

etc etc.

Right from the start the IPCC misused other peoples work and they complained but were shut up by press manipulation.

People like gibsy think that the only people that are scientists are people he agrees with. No matter how many times they have been caught doing everything BUT science to support their theory.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-07-2010, 06:52 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1442  

Gibonius
 
This is truly one of the epic conspiracies in the history of man: Multiple generations of scientists, government officials, and journalists from around the world all single mindedly driving towards a single goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
It's not massive. It just takes a few key players, some protecting themselves from ridicule after being wrong, some ecofreaks that are saddened by our abuse of our holy mother and some International Law Is Best types. Mix in ignorant fucks and politicians(not mutually exclusive) and people like gibsy that would not let such abuse go if it was in any other field and you have what we have here.

Altering of radiosonde data

destruction of data

altering of other data with no attempt at justification.

wild claims backed up by Hikers and other "peer reviewed" sources.

selective culling of data sources to eliminate non supporting data

Perversion of peer review process

etc etc.

Right from the start the IPCC misused other peoples work and they complained but were shut up by press manipulation.

You're talking, minimum, thousands of people over about 40 years, from across the world to make this kind of thing happen.
Old 03-07-2010, 06:55 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1443  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
This is truly one of the epic conspiracies in the history of man: Multiple generations of scientists, government officials, and journalists from around the world all single mindedly driving towards a single goal!



You're talking, minimum, thousands of people over about 40 years, from across the world to make this kind of thing happen.

Nice hat
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1444  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
Nice hat

Nice conspiracy theory.


I mean, it works out well because there's literally no way to prove there isn't a conspiracy. All evidence is just part of the conspiracy. It's perfect! It's also the same kind of thing you ruthlessly mock people for believing in, but hey, whatever works for you, right?
Old 03-07-2010, 06:59 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1445  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
Nice conspiracy theory.

So no data was faked? No data altered beyond any non believers ability to figure out what fucking reasoning came up with the ridiculous results ? No computer models fudged? No data cherry picked and then STILL had to be modified to fit the "Correct Result"

Radiosonde data alteration
CRU
Darwin 0
New Zealand
NOAH station dropping.


Very nice hat. You want a hockey stick to hang it on?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-07-2010, 07:03 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1446  

Fuckyouformakingmeregister
wall candy eating retard
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
So no data was faked? No data altered beyond any non believers ability to figure out what fucking reasoning came up with the ridiculous results ? No computer models fudged? No data cherry picked and then STILL had to be modified to fit the "Correct Result"

Radiosonde data alteration
CRU
Darwin 0
New Zealand
NOAH station dropping.


Very nice hat. You want a hockey stick to hang it on?

That's the Great Science Conspiracy for you.

You forgot to mention all the physicists who had to make up those 'laws of physics' you've shown to be false.

__________________
TheMorlock: "i have a 140+ IQ"

OH RLY?

TheMorlock: "Any atmosphere will trap heat. the CO2 in Venus's atmosphere is a RESULT of the high temps"

Ahahahahaha
Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 PM Fuckyouformakingmeregister is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1447  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Does the princess have the nice feather bed yet? Or is she still hiding from the wicked elves?
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-07-2010, 11:58 PM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1448  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
A lot of advanced technology came from government investment. And we're continuing to invest money in technology, as we should.

Is this supposed to be a relevant question for some reason? We came a long way on hydrocarbons, but it's time to start looking for a better solution where ever possible.
I agree on both of those points and have never disagreed...but can we also agree that the reality is that we will still need oil, gas and coal for quite some time to maintain our modern infrastructure and technology? The simple fact is that the average person doesn't really care where the electricity that powers their lights comes from, or what makes their vehicle move down the road....it can be from dino dung or fairy dust and it doesn't matter as long as it is reliable, affordable and nothing they've grown accustomed to is compromised to a great degree.

What I'm saying is that no matter if you follow the doomsday prophets or the diehard skeptics (concerning AGW)...continuing to use finite resources with no backup plan for the future is ludicrous...but so is thinking about not using them when the backup plan isn't ready for primetime. Russia, China and other countries sure aren't going to grind their economies to a halt based on the same kind of eco-guilt we see in the US/EU..
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-08-2010, 05:07 PM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1449  

Gibonius
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I agree on both of those points and have never disagreed...but can we also agree that the reality is that we will still need oil, gas and coal for quite some time to maintain our modern infrastructure and technology? The simple fact is that the average person doesn't really care where the electricity that powers their lights comes from, or what makes their vehicle move down the road....it can be from dino dung or fairy dust and it doesn't matter as long as it is reliable, affordable and nothing they've grown accustomed to is compromised to a great degree.

What I'm saying is that no matter if you follow the doomsday prophets or the diehard skeptics (concerning AGW)...continuing to use finite resources with no backup plan for the future is ludicrous...but so is thinking about not using them when the backup plan isn't ready for primetime. Russia, China and other countries sure aren't going to grind their economies to a halt based on the same kind of eco-guilt we see in the US/EU..

There's no serious proposals that call for ceasing use of hydrocarbons. Focusing the discussion on the extremists is kind of useless, especially when no one is really listening to them anyway. The plans that conservatives/skeptics/whatever are fighting against are pretty modest, basically amounting to "we need to stop increasing how much CO2 we output," but even that's too much apparently. Most reasonable people, when you take partisan politics out of the equation, are willing to accept reasonable steps to control carbon. The problem is that the issue has become so damn politicized that it's almost impossible to be a "conservative" and support any kind of climate change legislation.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1450  

TheMorlock
Contrary to my previous title I never fucked Inf's mother
 
TheMorlock's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by joemama View Post
I agree on both of those points and have never disagreed...but can we also agree that the reality is that we will still need oil, gas and coal for quite some time to maintain our modern infrastructure and technology? The simple fact is that the average person doesn't really care where the electricity that powers their lights comes from, or what makes their vehicle move down the road....it can be from dino dung or fairy dust and it doesn't matter as long as it is reliable, affordable and nothing they've grown accustomed to is compromised to a great degree.

What I'm saying is that no matter if you follow the doomsday prophets or the diehard skeptics (concerning AGW)...continuing to use finite resources with no backup plan for the future is ludicrous...but so is thinking about not using them when the backup plan isn't ready for primetime. Russia, China and other countries sure aren't going to grind their economies to a halt based on the same kind of eco-guilt we see in the US/EU..


That's the big problem. The same idiots calling for radical changes in fossil fuel use are the same morons that killed nuclear power. And when the short sighted fucknuts pull get their wakeup call about how bad for the ecology photovoltaic cell manufacture currently is. they will rant and rave about how evil the photovoltaic manufacturers are.
__________________
There is nothing to worry about. Legions of wise people with nothing but all of best interests at heart are ensuring our future of love and infinite bliss. Go watch TV :Bflaps
http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?t=572323
Old 03-09-2010, 12:43 AM TheMorlock is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1451  

curdledvomit
 
curdledvomit's Avatar
 
I agree with the morlock
__________________
how about a nice hot steaming bowl of STFU!

00110001 00110011 01101011 and damn proud of it!

Squid posted..."curdledvomit is the first +10k guy i actually care about"

acc6d08c13aa2f2586ec5bf7b70854c3
Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 AM curdledvomit is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1452  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMorlock View Post
That's the big problem. The same idiots calling for radical changes in fossil fuel use are the same morons that killed nuclear power. And when the short sighted fucknuts pull get their wakeup call about how bad for the ecology photovoltaic cell manufacture currently is. they will rant and rave about how evil the photovoltaic manufacturers are.
Yeah, but nuclear power plants are too expensive for the average millionaire entrepreneur to get in on and make a few bucks. Take the most visible AGW mouthpiece..who would not believe Al Gore? Does he not have a Nobel Prize? So what if is he is the Chairman and Co-founder of Generation Investment Management LLP which has a 3% ownership interest in Climate Exchange PLC which owns the Chicago Climate Exchange, European Climate Exchange and Chicago Climate Futures Exchange and is also investing in China, Canada and Australia. Carbon trading makes Al Gore a rich man.
Indeed, I fully trust that Al Gore is pushing cap and trade as noble because he cares about AGW and stopping the generation of CO2. (do I even need a rolleyes smiley here?)
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-10-2010, 10:52 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1453  

Gibonius
 
What's with the Al Gore fixation, really? We all know that people with money use it to advance their interests. The oil and gas industries spend lots of money pushing their best interests, which usually goes against AGW. The fact that a relatively small group of people stand to make money from AGW is pretty much irrelevant. Maybe Gore was the first person that pushed AGW into the consciousness of the average person, but he's a trivial figure in the overall scheme of things.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:56 AM Gibonius is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1454  

joemama
Watch Toomer burn those cowboys. How bout them cowboys?
 
joemama's Avatar
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post
What's with the Al Gore fixation, really? We all know that people with money use it to advance their interests. The oil and gas industries spend lots of money pushing their best interests, which usually goes against AGW. The fact that a relatively small group of people stand to make money from AGW is pretty much irrelevant. Maybe Gore was the first person that pushed AGW into the consciousness of the average person, but he's a trivial figure in the overall scheme of things.
Damn good question....what IS up with the Al Gore fixation? He may be a trivial figure to you, but it was his film that was shown in theaters around the world...and hell even in many school classrooms. If you asked the average person on the street to name one person who embodied the AGW movement...who do you think that would be?
__________________
Rapid-fire double bass of the GenMay dru[M]mers collective

Syndrome of a Downs- drums/songwriter
._--_|\
/ииииииии\
\_.--Bumfuck Egypt
.......v
Old 03-10-2010, 11:16 AM joemama is offline  
Reply With Quote
#1455  

Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:17 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.